collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Restaurants Thread  (Read 26074 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Restaurants Thread
« Reply #400 on: May 25, 2024, 07:22:39 AM »
Can't read that because it's behind a paywall but I tried STK in Miami and it was just disgusting.  Horrible food, poorly prepared, and over priced.  Topped off by arrogant service.

You don't need to read it. I think you wrote it!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #401 on: May 25, 2024, 07:52:59 AM »
We went to Barrio Cafe in PHX last night…amazing recommendation.  I’m so glad we did because, while we were waiting, we found out that it’s actually closing for good next week.  The chef has some health issues and is retiring….which is a shame because the Conchita pibil that we ordered is easily the best thing I’ve put in my mouth this year.

Really cool place and seriously thanks for the recommendation (and all the others).  We are headed to Sedona for the weekend but maybe I’ll hit up one of the taco places on Monday on my way out!!!!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #402 on: May 25, 2024, 08:53:45 AM »
We went to Barrio Cafe in PHX last night…amazing recommendation.  I’m so glad we did because, while we were waiting, we found out that it’s actually closing for good next week.  The chef has some health issues and is retiring….which is a shame because the Conchita pibil that we ordered is easily the best thing I’ve put in my mouth this year.

Really cool place and seriously thanks for the recommendation (and all the others).  We are headed to Sedona for the weekend but maybe I’ll hit up one of the taco places on Monday on my way out!!!!

Damn, I’m sorry to hear that about Barrio Cafe. What a shame. Glad you got to enjoy a meal there, and continued safe travels to you.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #403 on: May 26, 2024, 01:24:01 PM »

It's like the poster who claims every burger place in Milwaukee sucks.  Is there anything as good as Au Cheval?  No.  But to pretend Oscar's (especially when taking service, wait time, and price into account, but even without that) is trash or even Sobleman's or Elsa's or Night Owl aren't good burgers is just someone looking for attention and trying to act like they have some superior palate to everyone else.

Reminds me of the guy who goes to Italy once and comes back and claims nothing in America is really pizza or pasta.

I didn't say those places were trash I said Milwaukee doesn't have a spot on par with Au Cheval, Loyalist, Little Bad wolf, etc.  I enjoy a soblemans burger but it's a massive notch below. Have t tried the other two and was wasted and 20yrs old last time I tried Oscar's, I remember it being good but not "I didn't know a burger could be this good" like when I tried Loyalist and Ai Cheval for the first time.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #404 on: May 28, 2024, 04:03:59 PM »
Well I guess we've been to the Five O'Clock steakhouse for the last time.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #405 on: May 28, 2024, 04:23:40 PM »
Well I guess we've been to the Five O'Clock steakhouse for the last time.

You mean the last time he was arrested with a 14 year old in the early 2000s wasn't enough?

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

Tortuga94

• Walk-On
« Reply #406 on: May 28, 2024, 04:23:54 PM »
Any suggestions on dining options in NYC. We are headed there this weekend. Staying in the Times Square area. We've been to NYC before, but it's been about 7 years. We are pretty good with just about anything so if you have any suggestions let me know. Thanks!

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #407 on: May 28, 2024, 04:29:47 PM »
Any suggestions on dining options in NYC. We are headed there this weekend. Staying in the Times Square area. We've been to NYC before, but it's been about 7 years. We are pretty good with just about anything so if you have any suggestions let me know. Thanks!
Was just at Olio E Piu in the village, really good italian.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #408 on: May 28, 2024, 05:51:52 PM »

If you have a dream of a food you'd like to try, or a food you love that you'd like to try an excellent example of, NYC is the place.

My best recent meal was Korean at Her Name is Han at 35th and 5th. You need a res for sure. https://maps.app.goo.gl/baZ6Q2LbdX9UZZ1x5
« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 08:44:11 AM by Skatastrophy »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #409 on: May 28, 2024, 11:19:46 PM »
My best recent meal was Korean at Her Name is Han at 35th and 5th. You need a res for sure. https://maps.app.goo.gl/Ecute oneFNND989c6Ln79

Amazing coincidence that of all the places in NYC, I also was going to say Her Name is Han.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #410 on: May 29, 2024, 07:42:27 AM »
You mean the last time he was arrested with a 14 year old in the early 2000s wasn't enough?

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

Unfortunately I only learned about that when I read about this one.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #411 on: May 29, 2024, 07:52:39 AM »
Spotcheck

Thanks for bringing up the arrest, I had not seen that. It is a messed world and hopefully he will not be the managing partner for long. I have lived in MKE all of my life and just went there for first time last summer. Liked it but did not have burning desire to go back.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #412 on: May 29, 2024, 08:42:51 AM »
Amazing coincidence that of all the places in NYC, I also was going to say Her Name is Han.

I love it when experiences with acquaintances rhyme with my own. It makes the world feel smaller and more manageable.

Take 31 next door to Her Name is Han is bangin' too if you can't get into the latter but still want Korean food.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 08:45:06 AM by Skatastrophy »

Tortuga94

• Walk-On
« Reply #413 on: May 29, 2024, 10:28:30 AM »
I love it when experiences with acquaintances rhyme with my own. It makes the world feel smaller and more manageable.

Take 31 next door to Her Name is Han is bangin' too if you can't get into the latter but still want Korean food.

Thanks for the recommendation, reservation made for Friday.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #414 on: May 29, 2024, 02:09:19 PM »

https://www.jongrobbqny.com/

Short walk, make reservations.

edit: I was too slow