[Today at 11:12:06 AM]

[Paint Touches] Love in the time of the Portal Kombat by frozena pizza
[Today at 08:33:37 AM]

Welcome Jack Anderson! by Jay Bee
[May 02, 2024, 08:58:35 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021 PGA  (Read 9622 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: 2021 PGA
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2021, 05:08:51 PM »
Gack.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2021, 05:25:18 PM »
That should do it.  I thought Louie was gonna sink that Eagle on 16. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2021, 05:52:59 PM »
Phils got it.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2021, 06:03:42 PM »
This is still historic despite the topsy-turvy component.  I mean NO ONE saw this coming.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2021, 07:18:25 PM »
Amazing story.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2021, 07:21:58 PM »
I love how Phil told his wife on the phone  after the win :I will see you tonight. Another day in the office win a PGA and get on the Gulfstream  and be home for desert.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2021, 07:27:55 PM »
I love how Phil told his wife on the phone  after the win :I will see you tonight. Another day in the office win a PGA and get on the Gulfstream  and be home for desert.

I was super surprised with the scores among the last 4 or 5 groups.  I guess the wind kicked up but It didn't look like the course was impossible.  The Irish guys went sub 70.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2021, 07:32:48 PM »
I was super surprised with the scores among the last 4 or 5 groups.  I guess the wind kicked up but It didn't look like the course was impossible.  The Irish guys went sub 70.
There were very few opportunities for birdies . The event played more like a US Open in that regard
            ---Al McGuire

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2021, 07:41:26 PM »
There were very few opportunities for birdies . The event played more like a US Open in that regard

I thought there was a bit of gagging Herman to be quite honest.  I just didn't expect all those loose shots.  It's possible the fans being back played a role?  Now the wind did change , but no one really shot a great round that was in contention. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2021, 08:14:51 PM »
I thought there was a bit of gagging Herman to be quite honest.  I just didn't expect all those loose shots.  It's possible the fans being back played a role?  Now the wind did change , but no one really shot a great round that was in contention.

I wouldn't call it gagging. Two groups of people in the final group, those with a lot to lose, and those with nothing to lose. The first group played it safe, leaving few birdie opportunities. The second group was aggressive, some of those it worked for and they put up lower scores, others it backfired, and they dropped back.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2021, 08:20:49 PM »
I wouldn't call it gagging. Two groups of people in the final group, those with a lot to lose, and those with nothing to lose. The first group played it safe, leaving few birdie opportunities. The second group was aggressive, some of those it worked for and they put up lower scores, others it backfired, and they dropped back.

That may be accurate. Koepka complaining about his knee and the crowd seems pretty lame. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2021, 10:40:00 PM »
Almost 51 year old beats all the young guns on the longest course (7850 yards) ever at a major. And he was driving it as far as Brooks, Bryson and Rory. F’ing amazing.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2021, 10:51:39 PM »
Almost 51 year old beats all the young guns on the longest course (7850 yards) ever at a major. And he was driving it as far as Brooks, Bryson and Rory. F’ing amazing.

Saw them put up the stat that he had the longest drive out of everyone on the Par 5 16th, damn impressive.

I've always liked Phil, really happy for him.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2021, 02:02:35 PM »
I’m a little surprised how Koepka has performed down the stretch the last few majors he’s been in contention. He was a borderline robot and just imposed his will when winning. But lately he seems to be pretty rattled and struggled when he was in contention.

I don’t know how much is the knee or he’s feeling pressure now that he’s the hunted.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2021, 02:08:57 PM »
I’m a little surprised how Koepka has performed down the stretch the last few majors he’s been in contention. He was a borderline robot and just imposed his will when winning. But lately he seems to be pretty rattled and struggled when he was in contention.

I don’t know how much is the knee or he’s feeling pressure now that he’s the hunted.

Regardless if his knee got dinged by crowds like he talked about, he’s barely 2 months from a non-minor knee surgery on his knee cap and ligaments.  He had trouble moving well at the Masters.  The fact that he was contending this week is frankly pretty remarkable. He’s not been healthy consistently since 2019 which I think has contributed to some of his results.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2021, 04:22:41 PM »

The announcers kept saying he had a hard time getting through the ball with his swing because of the knees. If that ends up sapping a little bit of his confidence and commitment it could end up costing him a stroke a round .
Which is the difference between winning and second.

---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2021, 04:38:32 PM »
Were you watching him squat to read putts?   That showed the range of movement and strength he currently has in his right knee?   
 It was his force of will that got him that far.   He has a lot of work to do before Torrey Pines.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2021, 07:29:47 PM »
Were you watching him squat to read putts?   That showed the range of movement and strength he currently has in his right knee?   
 It was his force of will that got him that far.   He has a lot of work to do before Torrey Pines.

I was watching on my phone on a plane, so didn’t have a great view. I had forgotten about his injuries. Plus, for some reason I thought his wins were more dominant in the final round.

All in all, not my greatest take. The price you pay when using a faulty memory.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2021, 08:04:01 PM »

Dude banked $1.1 mil. last weekend. He's good, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2021, 09:44:05 PM »

Dude banked $1.1 mil. last weekend. He's good, aina?

Guys like him already have generational wealth secured. They are all about the majors and their "legacy," nu?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DegenerateDish

• All American

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2021, 11:09:56 PM »
Lol...

https://uproxx.com/sports/brooks-koepka-bryson-dechambeau-hate-interview-outtake-video/

As someone who actually likes both of them, this is hysterical. Koepka’s lack of filter and inability to put on any sort of facade when it comes to any antiquated “etiquette” make him a great interview.  The blatantly loud “clack clack” was just perfect

tower912

• All American
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2021, 06:17:18 AM »
Brooks called out Bryson for slow play a few years ago.    Bryson confronted him.    Stylistically, they are oil and water.    Bryson is so meticulous in his course prep, pre tournament prep, and then shot prep.     Brooks is more along the lines of 'see ball hit ball.   
Two things I have contemplated before.    1.   Is a secondary reason for Bryson bulking up to keep Brook from kicking his ass?
2.   Was Phil's pre shot routine also an attempt to slow play Koekpa?

Anyway, looking forward to the first time Brooks and Bryson are in the final group together on Sunday.     And, if Phil can make the Ryder Cup team, he should be paired with Bryson.   

Finally, I watched that video three times and laughed harder each time.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QJiAK-s5a0
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 08:26:20 AM by tower912 »

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2021, 09:32:52 AM »
I really like Koepka. His GQ interview awhile back painted a great picture of him. He reminds me of Cutler a bit, but Koepka wears it better because he doesn't play a team sport.  Also I think Koepka has much more invested in his own success than Cutler, but at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised to see him walk away from the game earlier than most that have had his level of success.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2021, 10:08:01 AM »
Brooks called out Bryson for slow play a few years ago.    Bryson confronted him.    Stylistically, they are oil and water.    Bryson is so meticulous in his course prep, pre tournament prep, and then shot prep.     Brooks is more along the lines of 'see ball hit ball.   
Two things I have contemplated before.    1.   Is a secondary reason for Bryson bulking up to keep Brook from kicking his ass?
2.   Was Phil's pre shot routine also an attempt to slow play Koekpa?

Anyway, looking forward to the first time Brooks and Bryson are in the final group together on Sunday.     And, if Phil can make the Ryder Cup team, he should be paired with Bryson.   

Finally, I watched that video three times and laughed harder each time.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QJiAK-s5a0
I think Koepka also made some comments about DeChambeau looking for relief from “fire ants” in a tournament not too long ago.

I think Koepka can be a choad at times but thought that video was hilarious.