Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Is Dwyane Wade the 2nd Best 2 Guard of All Time?  (Read 13398 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Is Dwyane Wade the 2nd Best 2 Guard of All Time?
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2014, 07:24:07 AM »
Clyde Drexler should be in the same conversation with Wade. Clyde's stats are really comparable to Wades and he wins his fair share of the stats battles. That's just one example of someone he has to be a clear cut choice over. I really don't know if Wade cracks the top 5 of all time shooting guards? Probably top ten.

As I explained earlier, Wade is better than Clyde hands down.  Higher peak...better overall averages...Wade lead his team to a title.  Clyde couldn't do that.

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2014, 07:47:55 AM »
Both Wade and Kobe have won championships with Shaq.  Who would you guys put as the top centers of all time?

brandx

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2014, 10:13:06 AM »
Both Wade and Kobe have won championships with Shaq.  Who would you guys put as the top centers of all time?

I think the top 3 are automatic - just a matter of who you would put first.

After that, comes Duncan if you consider him a center, since he has played the '4' as well as the '5'.

Then it is a pick 'em between Shaq, Hakeem, and Moses for #5

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2014, 10:23:43 AM »
I think the top 3 are automatic - just a matter of who you would put first.

After that, comes Duncan if you consider him a center, since he has played the '4' as well as the '5'.

Then it is a pick 'em between Shaq, Hakeem, and Moses for #5

Duncan's a four. I put Shaq slightly ahead of Hakeem and both firmly ahead of Moses.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2014, 10:26:39 AM »

As I explained earlier, Wade is better than Clyde hands down.  Higher peak...better overall averages...Wade lead his team to a title.  Clyde couldn't do that.

+1

I think Wade is better than Clyde by a fairly significant margin. That stated, I also think the idea that Wade is better than Kobe is ridiculous.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2014, 12:07:19 PM »
MJ
Kobe
Wade
West

I consider Oscar Robertson to be a 1 not a 2.

I wish I could remove Kobe becuase he should be behind bars, not on the court.

I put West below Wade because he was 1 for 9 in championships. Maybe not fair but Wade was able to finish the job and get those rings.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2014, 12:15:45 PM »
MJ
Kobe
Wade
West

I consider Oscar Robertson to be a 1 not a 2.

I wish I could remove Kobe becuase he should be behind bars, not on the court.

I put West below Wade because he was 1 for 9 in championships. Maybe not fair but Wade was able to finish the job and get those rings.

Winning a title isn't just up to one guy.  Let's also not forget that back then there was no salary cap, less distribution of talent like there is today.  Thos Celtics teams won all those titles for a reason.

I'm just glad the Heat made the Finals four straight years.  It has Lakers fans out here pissing themselves and I know Bulls fans aren't happy either.  Perfect.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2014, 02:29:52 PM »
Winning a title isn't just up to one guy.  Let's also not forget that back then there was no salary cap, less distribution of talent like there is today.  Thos Celtics teams won all those titles for a reason.

I'm just glad the Heat made the Finals four straight years.  It has Lakers fans out here pissing themselves and I know Bulls fans aren't happy either.  Perfect.

I agree completely, but the two are so close in my opinion that I had to find something to tip the scales one way or the other.

Of cource, I am a Wade slurper and was not alive to see Jerry West play, so I might be a tad bit biased
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brandx

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2014, 02:56:10 PM »
I agree completely, but the two are so close in my opinion that I had to find something to tip the scales one way or the other.

Of cource, I am a Wade slurper and was not alive to see Jerry West play, so I might be a tad bit biased

Hard to compare guys like Wade and West. Wade can create anytime, West was more of a pure '2' guard. His jump shot was his calling card.

brandx

« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2014, 03:04:33 PM »
Duncan's a four. I put Shaq slightly ahead of Hakeem and both firmly ahead of Moses.

In the last 10 years, Duncan has played much more center than PF, but I guess he can be clasified either way.

I would probably put Shaq & Hakeem ahead of Moses as well, but Malone did have more MVPs than Shaq & Hakeem combined. Not to mention he was the greatest offensive rebounder ever and it's not even close.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2014, 04:10:12 PM »

West was awesome, great shooter and good hops. Wade is more athletic. Different eras.

Even though he was more a Point, the Big O was a top 5 of all time. Now there would be a debate. Jordan or Robertson.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2014, 06:08:35 PM »
In the last 10 years, Duncan has played much more center than PF, but I guess he can be clasified either way.

I would probably put Shaq & Hakeem ahead of Moses as well, but Malone did have more MVPs than Shaq & Hakeem combined. Not to mention he was the greatest offensive rebounder ever and it's not even close.

I don't disagree with you on any of these points. However, your points on Malone and Duncan highlight the difficulties of comparing players from different eras.

Malone earned his MVPs in an era that favored big men and post play. Duncan plays in an era where most teams play GGFFF or GGGFF lineups. Technically Duncan plays the 5 for the Spurs, but they don't employ him like a true center. In fact, you can count the teams that use a true center on one hand.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2014, 06:42:02 PM »
Yeah, he's a huge liberal, although not much of a fan of FDR, didn't realize he was a Democrat until recently and just not a fan of his style.

That was a reverse beverage nasal passage moment.  Thank you.

feedback