'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by 🏀
[Today at 04:02:44 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 02:26:40 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 01:42:55 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Where will the Hausers transfer?

Wisconsin
61 (26.2%)
Virginia
106 (45.5%)
Michigan State
31 (13.3%)
Texas
11 (4.7%)
UWSP
24 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Author Topic: Where will the Hausers land?  (Read 35775 times)

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
Re: Where will the Hausers land?
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2019, 09:58:52 PM »
If the Hausers go to Wisconsin,  big whoop.  Marquette would play Sam once, and Joey 2-3 times at most, in a 90+ games stretch.

Vander Blue decommitted from Wisconsin to come to Marquette.  Not much difference.

The only thing I will miss is hearing Badger fans lament about how badly Bo screwed up the Hauser recruitments.  But I will manage to go on.
[/quote

I like your optimism, but there is a big difference. Vander never scored over 1,200 points in a red jersey then transferred to play his last year at his biggest rival, the team he was trying to beat for 3 years.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2019, 10:08:42 PM »
Excellent Research Report With Commentary from Hausers High School Coach that outlines reasons for transfer:

https://www.stevenspointjournal.com/story/sports/2019/04/16/marquette-shocker-hausers-seek-better-fit-former-spash-coach-says/3481168002/

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2019, 10:20:30 PM »
If the Hausers go to Wisconsin,  big whoop.  Marquette would play Sam once, and Joey 2-3 times at most, in a 90+ games stretch.

Vander Blue decommitted from Wisconsin to come to Marquette.  Not much difference.

The only thing I will miss is hearing Badger fans lament about how badly Bo screwed up the Hauser recruitments.  But I will manage to go on.

I dont understand how people cant grasp program perception and how it goes beyond simple head to head matchups once a year.

For the first time in a decade, Marquette was the clear stronger program and set to be that was for the near and mid term future.  Losing the Hausers to UW reverses that aggressively.  Not only does it plus up a weak roster in Madison, it changes the perception of both programs and shows such a lack of confidence in a coach that they would run a step down to a program that once told one, thanks but no thanks

MU82

• All American
« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2019, 10:32:25 PM »
I dont understand how people cant grasp program perception and how it goes beyond simple head to head matchups once a year.

For the first time in a decade, Marquette was the clear stronger program and set to be that was for the near and mid term future.  Losing the Hausers to UW reverses that aggressively.  Not only does it plus up a weak roster in Madison, it changes the perception of both programs and shows such a lack of confidence in a coach that they would run a step down to a program that once told one, thanks but no thanks

Agreed.

But on the plus side, it totally gives the more magnanimous among us license to rip the Hausers because they officially will be the enemy. If they go to play for F%cky, I will hate them as much as I hate Nutgrabber McDouchenozzle.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 10:33:58 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #154 on: April 16, 2019, 10:33:12 PM »
Is anything even done about tampering? It always seems that the side that claims “tampering” just ends up looking petty and butthurt.

If Wojo makes a scene about that then I think there would be great debate about the bigger embarrassment...that or running at the ref after the georgetown game like an idiot.

It’s a tough thing to prove. You really need written documentation to prove it. There have been recruiting bans for schools proven to have engaged in it.

Here’s the rub though: it’s not tampering to talk to the HS or AAU coach, just the kid or parents.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2019, 10:41:53 PM »

I care about Marquette basketball.  Period. I don't care about Marquette's perception vs Wisconsin's perception.  I think that's a fish bowl mentality.  There's a whole country out there not comparing Marquette to Wisconsin.

I mean, I never give a thought to the perception of St. John's vs Syracuse,  Florida vs Florida State,  Texas vs TAMU vs Texas Tech, Nebraska vs Creighton,  etc., etc.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2019, 11:10:25 PM »
I care about Marquette basketball.  Period. I don't care about Marquette's perception vs Wisconsin's perception.  I think that's a fish bowl mentality.  There's a whole country out there not comparing Marquette to Wisconsin.

I mean, I never give a thought to the perception of St. John's vs Syracuse,  Florida vs Florida State,  Texas vs TAMU vs Texas Tech, Nebraska vs Creighton,  etc., etc.

Thats fine and dandy for you.  But thats not true for 2 other important groups: recruits and the media. We joke about "this will help recruiting" but its based in truth.  And this is the kind of stuff that can be used to endlessly negative recruit.  Not even in a kid deciding against Wisconsin vs Marquette.  "Do you really wanna go play where you're not even the top team in the state?  Come to Illinois."  "The Big East cant even prevent their top players from leaving for B10 programs."

And then the media can just feed into all of that.  They won't care to do all the research, hear the reasons, etc..  They see 2 of the top 3/4 players on a team leaving for the arch rival, a seemingly lesser team, and they already have a narrative, a bias, a perception of Marquette, and Marquette vs Wisconsin.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2019, 11:19:48 PM »
Thats fine and dandy for you.  But thats not true for 2 other important groups: recruits and the media. We joke about "this will help recruiting" but its based in truth.  And this is the kind of stuff that can be used to endlessly negative recruit.  Not even in a kid deciding against Wisconsin vs Marquette.  "Do you really wanna go play where you're not even the top team in the state?  Come to Illinois."  "The Big East cant even prevent their top players from leaving for B10 programs."

And then the media can just feed into all of that.  They won't care to do all the research, hear the reasons, etc..  They see 2 of the top 3/4 players on a team leaving for the arch rival, a seemingly lesser team, and they already have a narrative, a bias, a perception of Marquette, and Marquette vs Wisconsin.

I'm gonna guess most recruits don't see beyond "Ooo more playing time for me."

I'm also gonna guess that most media will have forgotten about this by Friday. They'll remember again for a day when the Hausers commit somewhere. Then they'll forget forever....unless Marquette ends up playing against them, which I think is unlikely.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2019, 11:22:23 PM »

Out-of-state kids won't care about this. The best in-state kids have always gone out-of-state so it doesn't matter there either. The great effects of negative recruiting are a myth.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #159 on: April 16, 2019, 11:42:57 PM »

Even if Sam and Joey don't go to UW, the irony in their transfer is quite thick in regards to the UW/MU rivalry.

As mentioned here often, the mistake of not recruiting Sam summed up the odd end of the Bo Ryan era and the clumsy hand-off to Gard. When Joey came to MU, the glare of that mistake only intensified. It had a real chance to be one of UW basketball's major "what if" moments.

But after yesterday, it is now Wojo's career that may be defined negatively by the Hausers. What a reversal. And, one that no one saw coming just two months ago.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2019, 04:20:48 AM »
In the Hauser thread on Buckyville, Jeff Potrykus posted on page 10 that his source told him Sam and Joey will be going to UW.  He doesn’t directly say it, but that’s what he meant.

It’s time to accept that they’ll be wearing red next year.  It’s going to happen, and it’s going to be an absolute nightmare.

How the hell did we get to this point?  How could Wojo have allowed this to happen?

They could end up there but Potrykus was saying similar things about Mike Daum grad transferring there as well.

I agree with everything else you say about being a nightmare if it happens
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2019, 07:18:23 AM »
In Potrykus’ mind, everyone should go to WI.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2019, 10:05:39 AM »
Excellent Research Report With Commentary from Hausers High School Coach that outlines reasons for transfer:

https://www.stevenspointjournal.com/story/sports/2019/04/16/marquette-shocker-hausers-seek-better-fit-former-spash-coach-says/3481168002/

That was supposed to be in teal, right? There was nothing more here than has been speculated about here.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2019, 10:35:18 AM »
Is it true that Sam’s girlfriend plays UW volleyball? Friend of mine told me that.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2019, 10:35:44 AM »
Is it true that Sam’s girlfriend plays UW volleyball? Friend of mine told me that.

It is.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2019, 10:55:16 AM »
Can the Hausers wait until after finals to declare their destination? It might make sense, particularly if they're picking Bucky, to avoid feeding the fire of their current classmates on campus.

(I am assuming they are still enrolled in classes at this point.)
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2019, 01:37:36 PM »
Can the Hausers wait until after finals to declare their destination? It might make sense, particularly if they're picking Bucky, to avoid feeding the fire of their current classmates on campus.

(I am assuming they are still enrolled in classes at this point.)

honest question: how many of their classmates would actually care enough to get angry if they went to Madison?

slingkong

• Team Captain
« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2019, 02:09:42 PM »
Can we add an option of "Who Gives a Crap?"

This. They don't want to play for Marquette so who cares where they go or how they do?

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #168 on: April 17, 2019, 03:40:56 PM »
honest question: how many of their classmates would actually care enough to get angry if they went to Madison?

All it takes is one cuckoo bird to be nasty - doesn't have to be the entire student body.

Anyone know if there is a set timetable to sign as a transfer?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #169 on: April 17, 2019, 09:49:45 PM »
The easiest way to determine which posters on Scoop live outside Wisconsin is to see who doesn't care if the Hausers end up at Wisconsin.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2019, 09:59:49 PM »
The easiest way to determine which posters on Scoop live outside Wisconsin is to see who doesn't care if the Hausers end up at Wisconsin.

I have never lived in Wisconsin other than the 4 years I was at MU. I would HATE to see the Hausers end up at UW. I don't know if I'm making or refuting your point but there it is.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #171 on: April 17, 2019, 10:00:29 PM »
Dear Tony,

Me and my little brother Joey really like your team. We think you are a real good coach. Did you know we are from Wisconsin too? Would you like to coach me and my little brother? Because that would be neat.

Yours truly,
Sam
           and Joey

MU82

• All American
« Reply #172 on: April 17, 2019, 10:06:07 PM »
I have never lived in Wisconsin other than the 4 years I was at MU. I would HATE to see the Hausers end up at UW. I don't know if I'm making or refuting your point but there it is.

Agreed.

I would only want the Hausers to end up at Wisconsin if it could be guaranteed that they wouldn't make the NCAAs while they were there and that our boyz would beat them every time.

Obviously, there could be no such guarantee. Ipso fatso ... go to Virginia, kiddies.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #173 on: April 17, 2019, 10:10:03 PM »
Dear Sam (and Joey),

C'mon down. I wanted you then and I want you now. I win ACC and National championships with guys like you. Team players with skills like yours are what we're all about at UVA.

Your (hopefully) next coach,

Tony Bennett

MU82

• All American
« Reply #174 on: April 17, 2019, 10:11:09 PM »
Dear Sam (and Joey),

C'mon down. I wanted you then and I want you now. I win ACC and National championships with guys like you. Team players with skills like yours are what we're all about at UVA.

Your (hopefully) next coach,

Tony Bennett

A letter.

I see what you did there, Lenny.

feedback