'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MurphysTillClose
[Today at 01:45:25 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 01:42:55 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Where will the Hausers transfer?

Wisconsin
61 (26.2%)
Virginia
106 (45.5%)
Michigan State
31 (13.3%)
Texas
11 (4.7%)
UWSP
24 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Author Topic: Where will the Hausers land?  (Read 35770 times)

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
Re: Where will the Hausers land?
« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2019, 08:21:41 PM »
They weren't getting Jalen regardless.

I know but this makes it even far less likely

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2019, 08:22:46 PM »
If they go to Wisconsin they come to FF in two years to lose to the Warriors. 

I wish them well, but not against us.  Would love to see us beat them.

With or without the Hausers we were gonna go into Madison and crush the sorry ass team they’re about to field next year.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2019, 08:23:16 PM »
I don’t think either will be playing for the Bucks anytime soon, let alone in 2 years.
Don’t we play Wisconsin at Marquette not this season, but the one after when the Hausers would be eligible?
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2019, 08:23:54 PM »
Don’t we play Wisconsin at Marquette not this season, but the one after when the Hausers would be eligible?

Correct

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2019, 08:25:19 PM »
Seems like 30 wins and one of the best long-range shooting teams in the country.

Could be. I’m just saying I wouldn’t be tickled pink with that situation. For next year? Absolutely. But in 18 months? Meh. However, the hausers are great players and would be a major win for UW if/when they land them.

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2019, 08:26:03 PM »
Seems like 30 wins and one of the best long-range shooting teams in the country.

Davison hasn't really shown much as a shooter in his two years.   An occasional 3/6 from distance.
We all know Markus struggled down the stretch, but Davison was horrific.   In the BigTen tourney and the NCAA game he shot a combined 4/27 (15%), with a 1/17 (6%) from three.  Mr. March he ain't
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 08:27:51 PM by oldwarrior81 »

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2019, 08:27:57 PM »

Brad can grab Joey’s privates all the time now, not just in games televised across the country.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2019, 08:34:53 PM »
The Hausers going to Wisconsin would be like Cassius Winston & Xavier Tillman transferring to Michigan, or Marques Bolden & Tre Jones transferring to UNC, or PJ Washington & Ashton Hagans transferring to Louisville.

It would be a disastrous look for our program. If this situation is so toxic that Wojo drove them into the arms of our biggest rival, that should be the end of it. Let Stan be caretaker for a year, poach Wardle, whatever. That would be an unforgivable sin. And cancel the series, because people like Trevor Anderson & Sam Dekker are blatantly tampering on Twitter.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2019, 08:38:08 PM »
And cancel the series, because people like Trevor Anderson & Sam Dekker are blatantly tampering on Twitter.

Once they are in the ‘portal’, is tampering a thing?

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2019, 08:42:11 PM »
The Hausers going to Wisconsin would be like Cassius Winston & Xavier Tillman transferring to Michigan, or Marques Bolden & Tre Jones transferring to UNC, or PJ Washington & Ashton Hagans transferring to Louisville.

It would be a disastrous look for our program. If this situation is so toxic that Wojo drove them into the arms of our biggest rival, that should be the end of it. Let Stan be caretaker for a year, poach Wardle, whatever. That would be an unforgivable sin. And cancel the series, because people like Trevor Anderson & Sam Dekker are blatantly tampering on Twitter.

In the Hauser thread on Buckyville, Jeff Potrykus posted on page 10 that his source told him Sam and Joey will be going to UW.  He doesn’t directly say it, but that’s what he meant.

It’s time to accept that they’ll be wearing red next year.  It’s going to happen, and it’s going to be an absolute nightmare.

How the hell did we get to this point?  How could Wojo have allowed this to happen?

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2019, 08:43:05 PM »
Once they are in the ‘portal’, is tampering a thing?

Is anything even done about tampering? It always seems that the side that claims “tampering” just ends up looking petty and butthurt.

If Wojo makes a scene about that then I think there would be great debate about the bigger embarrassment...that or running at the ref after the georgetown game like an idiot.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 08:44:36 PM by AirPunch »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2019, 08:46:28 PM »

Seriously, where did any one else think they were going? The Point connections lead to Madison or C'Ville.  MU could have blocked either but that is a bad look despite the appearance of "tampering".

And yes, it is bigger F/U and Nutpunch to Wojo and MU. If it is Madison, it will be announced after Finals is my guess. Gard has been holding slots for a while.

That said, either is a great fit for the Boys in all honesty.  And, that's really all that matters most. MU is taking the high road.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2019, 08:49:34 PM »
That said, either is a great fit for the Boys in all honesty.  And, that's really all that matters most. MU is taking the high road.

Partially thanks to Bo I thought blocking is no longer an option.

Does the high road ever lead to winning basketball?  That would be nice. 

muguru

• All American
« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2019, 08:49:54 PM »
Seriously, where did any one else think they were going? The Point connections lead to Madison or C'Ville.  MU could have blocked either but that is a bad look despite the appearance of "tampering".

And yes, it is bigger F/U and Nutpunch to Wojo and MU. If it is Madison, it will be announced after Finals is my guess. Gard has been holding slots for a while.

You can't block transfers anymore
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2019, 08:51:14 PM »
You can't block transfers anymore

Within conferences even? 

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2019, 08:52:29 PM »

once again, can’t block anymore.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #141 on: April 16, 2019, 08:52:45 PM »
Within conferences even?

I think conference rules dictate that

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #142 on: April 16, 2019, 08:55:57 PM »
I think conference rules dictate that

So, you can block, but just not out of conference? 🤷‍♂️

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #143 on: April 16, 2019, 08:58:28 PM »
Wisconsin and Marquette are in different conferences.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #144 on: April 16, 2019, 09:02:52 PM »
Wisconsin and Marquette are in different conferences.

Thanks.  I get that.  But the statement was made that you cannot block any more and I asked is that true still within conferences?   The answer was yes, you can still block within conferences.

Sorry for the diversion.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 09:05:02 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #145 on: April 16, 2019, 09:06:07 PM »
So, you can block, but just not out of conference? 🤷‍♂️

I believe Big East rules prohibit intraconference transfers.  Several conferences do not.

Blocking transfers became nothing but a series lawsuits, so blocking has been blocked.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #146 on: April 16, 2019, 09:06:53 PM »
I believe Big East rules prohibit intraconference transfers.  Several conferences do not.

Blocking transfers became nothing but a series lawsuits, so blocking has been blocked.

Makes sense.  Thanks

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #147 on: April 16, 2019, 09:10:52 PM »
I hope the Hausers go to UW. And I also can’t wait for Markus to drop 40 on them next year while they sit in street clothes. I also can’t wait to see them come to Fiserv in 2020. Get your popcorn...

Yes Wojo has not met expectations across the board, but the university will stand behind a coach 100% of the time. I can’t wait to roll with players who want to be here. We will still be a good team. If we land a solid grad transfer we will be in really good shape.

Bought my tickets to Orlando and can’t wait to go to Madison in December next year. That fish bowl at Wandos after the game is going to taste great after a victory.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2019, 09:26:21 PM »

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #149 on: April 16, 2019, 09:49:54 PM »
If the Hausers go to Wisconsin,  big whoop.  Marquette would play Sam once, and Joey 2-3 times at most, in a 90+ games stretch.

Vander Blue decommitted from Wisconsin to come to Marquette.  Not much difference.

The only thing I will miss is hearing Badger fans lament about how badly Bo screwed up the Hauser recruitments.  But I will manage to go on.

feedback