[Today at 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[Today at 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[Today at 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[Today at 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What Are You Watching in 2019 (or re-watching)???  (Read 117185 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: What Are You Watching in 2019 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #500 on: November 12, 2019, 12:38:49 PM »
At my youngest daughter's persistent urging, my wife and I finally got around to starting Parks and Recreation a couple weeks ago.  We're about 12 episodes in -- about 1/3 of they way through season 2.  I watched three episodes last night and laughed out loud quite a few times.  I'm enjoying it, and have heard that starting at the end of the second season it really starts picking up steam.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #501 on: November 12, 2019, 12:42:28 PM »
At my youngest daughter's persistent urging, my wife and I finally got around to starting Parks and Recreation a couple weeks ago.  We're about 12 episodes in -- about 1/3 of they way through season 2.  I watched three episodes last night and laughed out loud quite a few times.  I'm enjoying it, and have heard that starting at the end of the second season it really starts picking up steam.

It hits its peak once Rob Lowe and Adam Scott get established, but don't even bother with the final season.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #502 on: November 12, 2019, 01:09:25 PM »
It hits its peak once Rob Lowe and Adam Scott get established, but don't even bother with the final season.

Final season was still enjoyable.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #503 on: November 12, 2019, 01:10:42 PM »
I've been pretty lucky. I found that if you go to the search area instead of the main homepage you can get something to play.

All the people on twitter bitching about it is pretty funny to me. Launches are always glitchy, even for the Evil Empire.

I’ve been on chat hold for over 2.5 hours...I go to meetings, come back and still in the queue. 

Cannot setup profiles or verification code.  Not what Bob wanted today, but this stuff is pretty normal with streaming...it’s complex stuff.  Live streaming of live content is a bitch to pull off, especially sports with blackouts.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #504 on: November 12, 2019, 01:24:26 PM »
It hits its peak once Rob Lowe and Adam Scott get established...

I understand that they are introduced near the end of Season 2.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #505 on: November 12, 2019, 01:33:36 PM »
Season 1 of Parks & Rec is truly forgettable.  Final season is fine but more enjoyable if you've watched all the way through (lots of callbacks to earlier episodes).

The show really hit its stride during the 2nd season but kicked it into high gear with "Indianapolis" (S3E6).
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #506 on: November 12, 2019, 01:51:20 PM »
After yet another episode of Below Deck, it has been confirmed: in love with Courtney.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #507 on: November 12, 2019, 02:09:57 PM »
I’ve been on chat hold for over 2.5 hours...I go to meetings, come back and still in the queue. 

Cannot setup profiles or verification code.  Not what Bob wanted today, but this stuff is pretty normal with streaming...it’s complex stuff.  Live streaming of live content is a bitch to pull off, especially sports with blackouts.

I'm on paternity leave and in no position to tell a man how to spend his time, but surely there are better uses   ;)

That said, it was wonky first thing in the morning (video freezing, audio continuing; one device needing profile verification, others not)

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #508 on: November 12, 2019, 02:15:16 PM »
Final season was still enjoyable.
Yeah, there is definitely no reason NOT to watch the final season. Its a top 5 show.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #509 on: November 12, 2019, 03:00:03 PM »
If you've not yet seen Booksmart, do it.  Watched it on a flight for the second time last week.  Just hysterical.

Big fan of British tv.  On Netflix, Man Like Mobeen is hysterical  Only 2 seasons and a couple of episodes so you can work through it quickly.  Guz Khan is a true comedic talent. 

Top Boy, also on Netflix, fantastic if you liked the wire.  Go back and watch original series from about 7-8 years ago, and then watch the new season released a month ago. Even more impressive given a lot of the main characters are prominent UK hip hop artists, not actors, which makes the performances all the more impressive.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #510 on: November 12, 2019, 03:00:11 PM »
Season 1 of Parks & Rec is truly forgettable.  Final season is fine but more enjoyable if you've watched all the way through (lots of callbacks to earlier episodes).

The show really hit its stride during the 2nd season but kicked it into high gear with "Indianapolis" (S3E6).

I actually started watching Season 1 the summer before last.  I only watched an episode or two before getting distracted.  But my youngest is very persistent and she promised me it would get better.  So I picked it up again and after getting past the first few, started enjoying it a lot more.  Last night I saw "Sister City", "Kaboom" and "Grek Pikitis" (S2E5-7) and thought they were really good.  So many people have told me that it picks up later in S2 that I'm really looking forward to it.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #511 on: November 12, 2019, 03:18:38 PM »

My 16 year old has probably watched the entire series multiple times.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #512 on: November 12, 2019, 03:43:31 PM »
I'm on paternity leave and in no position to tell a man how to spend his time, but surely there are better uses   ;)

That said, it was wonky first thing in the morning (video freezing, audio continuing; one device needing profile verification, others not)

Just the Disney way, have a disastrous opening day (Walt’s first bankrupted companies, Disneyland, etc.), only to come back and conquer the world.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #513 on: November 12, 2019, 06:45:34 PM »
Thought seaon 2 of Jack Ryan was rushed and not very entertaining.   Only 8 episodes is weak.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #514 on: November 12, 2019, 07:22:48 PM »
Mental note .. this is a pretty good streaming search engine:

https://www.justwatch.com/us/search?q=knight%20rider

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #515 on: November 12, 2019, 08:02:25 PM »
Mental note .. this is a pretty good streaming search engine:

https://www.justwatch.com/us/search?q=knight%20rider

Does it only work for Knight Rider or...?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #516 on: November 12, 2019, 09:51:04 PM »
Thought seaon 2 of Jack Ryan was rushed and not very entertaining.   Only 8 episodes is weak.

Season 1 kinda sucked. I wasn't even gonna bother with Season 2.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #517 on: November 13, 2019, 08:24:17 AM »
The Mandalorian Chapter 1 episode is capital G GOOD. Very interesting to see where the series goes and glad to hear they are already filming a season 2.....if the rest of the reason is as good as the first episode this will go a long way toward restoring my faith in Lucasfilm after the disaster that was TLJ.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #518 on: November 13, 2019, 08:34:02 AM »
Mrs. Fletcher on HBO ... what a weird show. I don't think I "hate" it yet, but I'm not sure if I "like" it, either. Have seen the first 2 episodes and will give it a shot by watching a couple more. Then we'll see.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #519 on: November 13, 2019, 12:00:16 PM »
After yet another episode of Below Deck, it has been confirmed: in love with Courtney.

She's great. Calls out the other idiots on their crap and doesn't give a crap herself. Ashton can't be proud watching his weak drunk game back on TV.

Hope the new deckhand is Ashton's buddy from last season.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #520 on: November 13, 2019, 12:31:44 PM »
The Mandalorian Chapter 1 episode is capital G GOOD. Very interesting to see where the series goes and glad to hear they are already filming a season 2.....if the rest of the reason is as good as the first episode this will go a long way toward restoring my faith in Lucasfilm after the disaster that was TLJ.

Pedro Pascal's voice just fits that character perfectly. I was very pleased with the first episode.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #521 on: November 13, 2019, 12:33:09 PM »

Trust me, it was easy because it was chat.  I went to all my meetings, etc, this was just in the background....9 total hours before the audible on chat came on, I was lucky to be by my computer.  Spoke to friends at Disney today and they said it was an absolute shat show from the Customer service perspective.

That said, 10 million subs, stock up a bunch today to $144.   I will be very curious to see their churn profile on this product.  For kids it is great.  For adults, the avail content will be burned through fairly quickly based on current offering.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #522 on: November 13, 2019, 12:34:43 PM »
Pedro Pascal's voice just fits that character perfectly. I was very pleased with the first episode.

It was good, I’m just amazed after 40 years how bad imperial troopers and other bad guys are at shooting...still to this day.   ;) :D

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #523 on: November 13, 2019, 12:39:29 PM »
My thoughts exactly on premium streaming services:

« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 01:30:14 PM by mu_hilltopper »
Have some patience, FFS.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #524 on: November 13, 2019, 01:24:02 PM »
Halfway through S2 on my third go at Disenchantment (Netflix). 

Like every other Matt Groening creation, this one also gets exponentially better each time you watch it.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

feedback