[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 474736 times)

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #2175 on: May 01, 2020, 02:11:57 PM »
You've got to be unnatural carnal knowledgeing kidding me....really?? Something REALLY smells at DePaul right now...two transfers, both in the portal for at most two days, and one of the worst CBB teams in the country lands them both?? And it's on the up and up?? C'mon man! Marc H$u strikes again.

https://twitter.com/AintuJavon/status/1256297358566002689/photo/1

told you all DePaul or another Chicago school is he would have to go to if he was legit about being close to grandma and getting a waiver and why would he go to LUC or UIC after the stats he's put up?

And yes, we all hate DePaul, but one of the worst CBB teams in the country?  Then what was MU considering they beat us?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

franklinjerry

• Starter
« Reply #2176 on: May 01, 2020, 02:15:42 PM »
Legal tampering period for the portal.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2177 on: May 01, 2020, 02:17:58 PM »
told you all DePaul or another Chicago school is he would have to go to if he was legit about being close to grandma and getting a waiver and why would he go to LUC or UIC after the stats he's put up?

And yes, we all hate DePaul, but one of the worst CBB teams in the country? Then what was MU considering they beat us?

What's their overall record in the last 6-7 years?? That speaks for itself.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2178 on: May 01, 2020, 02:20:20 PM »
Haven't you said you want programs to do whatever it takes to win? DePaul appears to be doing just that

1000% incorrect...never ever said this. But on that note, thought you were razzing me about not believing what recruits say...Carton said he wanted to be closer to home...he is. Freeman-Liberty said he wanted to be closer to home...he is(albeit with "incentives"). Sometimes these kids really do mean what they say. Now Jamarius Burton on the other hand...

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2179 on: May 01, 2020, 02:22:30 PM »
1000% incorrect...never ever said this. But on that note, thought you were razzing me about not believing what recruits say...Carton said he wanted to be closer to home...he is. Freeman-Liberty said he wanted to be closer to home...he is(albeit with "incentives").

You don't know this.

And it's not like he was far from home before.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #2180 on: May 01, 2020, 02:49:49 PM »
Guys, this isn’t a surprise. He wanted to transfer there last year but his mom moved out to Valpo.

I told you guys a month into the season he was going to transfer. I knew he was on Marquette’s radar but him going to DePaul is hardly shocking.

He loves Chicago and was criminally under recruited out of high school. I highly doubt there was any tampering. He just didn’t play the AAU game like others and his initial offers suffered.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2181 on: May 01, 2020, 03:00:54 PM »
You don't know this.

And it's not like he was far from home before.

Marc H$u is an assistant there, his record at Western Kentucky speaks for itself...I mean people levy accusations against Kentucky, etc all the time, and no one doubts them. There is ZERO chance any ball player worth his salt, regardless of circumstances willingly goes to DePaul and wants to lose like they do.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2182 on: May 01, 2020, 03:04:48 PM »
Marc H$u is an assistant there, his record at Western Kentucky speaks for itself...I mean people levy accusations against Kentucky, etc all the time, and no one doubts them. There is ZERO chance any ball player worth his salt, regardless of circumstances willingly goes to DePaul and wants to lose like they do.

hmm well if they frame it as getting Depaul back to former greatness then it should work as history's shown that any idiot will believe a make "Insert blank" great again slogan.
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2183 on: May 01, 2020, 03:16:05 PM »

Well that’s a false statement too.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2184 on: May 01, 2020, 03:23:36 PM »
Well that’s a false statement too.

Keep in mind, this is the same program that got dinged for their involvement with Brian Bowen

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2185 on: May 01, 2020, 03:31:48 PM »
This. Sarr will be a great get for whomever gets him, but Carton is still the biggest prize this off-season.

That seems like an opinion.  There have been more than a few sites that didn't list Carton as the top prize.  I'm ecstatic that we got him, and can't wait to see what he does.

Just sayin.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2186 on: May 01, 2020, 03:39:10 PM »
Wake Forest writer on Sarr...Just sayin'...

“That’s a valid question,” Johns said. “He’s more reserved, for sure. And he liked the small campus and small media environment here at Wake.”

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #2187 on: May 01, 2020, 03:54:18 PM »
You've got to be unnatural carnal knowledgeing kidding me....really?? Something REALLY smells at DePaul right now...two transfers, both in the portal for at most two days, and one of the worst CBB teams in the country lands them both?? And it's on the up and up?? C'mon man! Marc H$u strikes again.

https://twitter.com/AintuJavon/status/1256297358566002689/photo/1

Depaul is no where near "one of worst CBB teams in the country".
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2188 on: May 01, 2020, 04:06:34 PM »

Alright, let me rephrase that then since people seemingly are having an issue...one of the worst teams in a high major conference in the country. INDISPUTABLE. You are what your record says you are...it speaks for itself.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #2189 on: May 01, 2020, 04:16:38 PM »
Alright, let me rephrase that then since people seemingly are having an issue...one of the worst teams in a high major conference in the country. INDISPUTABLE. You are what your record says you are...it speaks for itself.

That's fair - though they certainly weren't last year.  Its good for the Big East for Depaul to improve.  Not sure why you have such an issue with them. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #2190 on: May 01, 2020, 06:29:31 PM »
That's fair - though they certainly weren't last year.  Its good for the Big East for Depaul to improve.  Not sure why you have such an issue with them.

Last place DePaul won @ Minnesota, @ Iowa, and wins vs. Northwestern and Texas Tech at home.
Was that good for the BE?  Hell yes!

If Georgetown and St. Johns and DePaul (teams I keep hearing would be good for the BE if they improved)....and leave MU and Creighton and X behind.....that would be good for the Big East.
Great.  I don't want to see those teams pass us. 

I think what is great for the BE is when the last place team goes 3-0 against the Big? and other quality non con wins.
Saying these teams improving means they very well could improve against us.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #2191 on: May 01, 2020, 06:43:57 PM »
I think it’s good for the redo BE when original members like St Johns and Gtown are solid, UConn too. DePaul, never liked em...but big market team, also good for the BE if they are stout, IMO.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2192 on: May 01, 2020, 07:14:18 PM »
I think it’s good for the redo BE when original members like St Johns and Gtown are solid, UConn too. DePaul, never liked em...but big market team, also good for the BE if they are stout, IMO.

It's meaningless. We were fine when Creighton in small town Omaha had the NPOY, Xavier in medium sized Cincy was a 1-seed, and when underdog Butler was in the Sweet 16.

It matters that we have good teams, but whether it's Providence or UConn, Xavier or Georgetown, Marquette or DePaul doesn't matter. Maybe that mattered 30 years ago, but not today when everyone gets national exposure & fans can find whatever teams they want to watch.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #2193 on: May 01, 2020, 07:18:09 PM »
I know depaul got freeman today, who was the other transfer they got?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2194 on: May 01, 2020, 07:23:38 PM »
I know depaul got freeman today, who was the other transfer they got?

D2 kid Courvasair McCauley...but it came out of nowhere, kid was in the portal for a day and next thing you know...he had committed to DePaul.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #2195 on: May 01, 2020, 07:26:44 PM »
D2 kid Courvasair McCauley...but it came out of nowhere, kid was in the portal for a day and next thing you know...he had committed to DePaul.
ohh right, I totally forgot

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2196 on: May 01, 2020, 07:34:54 PM »
It's nice to see that guru has something else to get amped about besides the kids our strength coach is following on the twitters.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #2197 on: May 01, 2020, 08:31:33 PM »

::)
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #2198 on: May 01, 2020, 09:51:25 PM »
They most be located pretty close to Chicago St.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #2199 on: May 02, 2020, 12:34:32 AM »
They most be located pretty close to Chicago St.
Haha! Love it.