[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 474746 times)

TedBaxter

• All American
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #2150 on: May 01, 2020, 09:21:59 AM »
And it's not even close to be honest. That's with all due respect to DJ Carton who was a fantastic get. Kentucky fans have been blowing up his social media for weeks..EVERYONE and I mean everyone will be on him, including MU.

What do you think MU's chances are?
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #2151 on: May 01, 2020, 09:24:31 AM »

Slim and none!

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2152 on: May 01, 2020, 09:25:36 AM »

Probably slim and none, but...I do think Killings might have a connection there somewhere, that's based strictly off of the fact that he has followed him on twitter for a long time.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2153 on: May 01, 2020, 09:49:31 AM »
And it's not even close to be honest. That's with all due respect to DJ Carton who was a fantastic get. Kentucky fans have been blowing up his social media for weeks..EVERYONE and I mean everyone will be on him, including MU.

The Kentucky fans blowing up his social media are losers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2154 on: May 01, 2020, 09:50:55 AM »
The Kentucky fans blowing up his social media are losers

Creepy, hey cheeks?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #2155 on: May 01, 2020, 09:53:13 AM »
Lol

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2156 on: May 01, 2020, 10:09:45 AM »
Creepy, hey cheeks?

Being called cheeks is a lifetime low

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #2157 on: May 01, 2020, 10:10:00 AM »
Olivier Saar of Wake Forest.  7 footer.  All ACC. 14 and 9.  Damn. Applying for a waiver.  Daaaaaammmnnn.

Want. Always be recruiting.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2158 on: May 01, 2020, 10:39:38 AM »
Being called cheeks is a lifetime low

As low as Tweeting/Instagramming/Facebooking a 17 year old boy/recruit?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #2159 on: May 01, 2020, 10:40:22 AM »
Olivier Saar of Wake Forest.  7 footer.  All ACC. 14 and 9.  Damn. Applying for a waiver.  Daaaaaammmnnn.
Just watched his highlights, wow he is good

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2160 on: May 01, 2020, 11:14:39 AM »
As low as Tweeting/Instagramming/Facebooking a 17 year old boy/recruit?

Close call

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2161 on: May 01, 2020, 11:14:51 AM »

Eh...Give me Carton over Sarr, especially if you factor in Sarr only having 1 year left and Carton theoretically having 3. Sarr put up big numbers for a very bad team in a down ACC. Don't get me wrong, still one of the top transfers of the year, maybe #2, but I'd take Carton first.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2162 on: May 01, 2020, 11:17:15 AM »
Eh...Give me Carton over Sarr, especially if you factor in Sarr only having 1 year left and Carton theoretically having 3. Sarr put up big numbers for a very bad team in a down ACC. Don't get me wrong, still one of the top transfers of the year, maybe #2, but I'd take Carton first.

Arguably, Carton isn't even the best transfer even if you don't include Sarr.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2163 on: May 01, 2020, 11:24:41 AM »
Arguably, Carton isn't even the best transfer even if you don't include Sarr.

Sure, its all a matter of opinion. Personally, I think a former 5-star, with three years left, who averaged double digit scoring with tremendous efficiency numbers, for a top 10 team, that plays the most important position on the floor is the top transfer available.
TAMU

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #2164 on: May 01, 2020, 11:52:49 AM »
Sure, its all a matter of opinion. Personally, I think a former 5-star, with three years left, who averaged double digit scoring with tremendous efficiency numbers, for a top 10 team, that plays the most important position on the floor is the top transfer available.

Yep.   Carton is no longer the big shiny prize after a couple weeks.  People lose focus quickly.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2165 on: May 01, 2020, 11:54:52 AM »

The problem is, there's a better chance of one of us playing for MU next year than there is of Carton staying all 3 years. Probably slim chance he's at MU two years. Hope he is, but doubtful. Sarr is a beast...10 double doubles last year, and let's remember he played in the ACC he faced good competition every night as well. take nothing away from DJ, again a fantastic get, but I can 100% assure you there will be far more schools(including bluebloods) chasing Sarr, then there ever were chasing DJ. What does that tell you??

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #2166 on: May 01, 2020, 12:01:09 PM »
The problem is, there's a better chance of one of us playing for MU next year than there is of Carton staying all 3 years. Probably slim chance he's at MU two years. Hope he is, but doubtful. Sarr is a beast...10 double doubles last year, and let's remember he played in the ACC he faced good competition every night as well. take nothing away from DJ, again a fantastic get, but I can 100% assure you there will be far more schools(including bluebloods) chasing Sarr, then there ever were chasing DJ. What does that tell you??

That DJ said that he wanted to be closer to home because of his mental health issues, and Sarr has pretty much said that he wants to win, and is willing to go anywhere to do that.  I also believe I read that he (Sarr) said that if he doesn't get a waiver to play immediately that he's going to go pro in Europe.  There's also been much more media focus on Sarr because of the fact that the Manning situation had been developing for months, while Carton very intentionally played things close to the vest, as well as his actions being spread out (ie taking a leave months ago) whereas everything "official" with Wake has happened in about a weeks time.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #2167 on: May 01, 2020, 12:01:37 PM »

The good news, it doesn't have to be either or. We have Carton. Now let's get Sarr.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2168 on: May 01, 2020, 12:17:07 PM »

This. Sarr will be a great get for whomever gets him, but Carton is still the biggest prize this off-season.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2169 on: May 01, 2020, 12:26:31 PM »
So the question will be...where will Saar Land.

(German geography joke.)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2170 on: May 01, 2020, 12:57:23 PM »

The Big 10 was much better than the ACC last season and I don't know how accurate your statement about more schools chasing Sarr is. I think just about every school in the country reached out to Carton but he made it quickly known that he wanted to stay closer to home. I'd also point out that there has been very few big men quality big man transfers this season, lack of supply creates more demand.

I'd also point out your first sentence. If you think Carton is a lock to go pro after 2 seasons and Sarr is going to play all 4 years of college, what does that tell you?

I'd also like to be clear again, I'm not knocking Sarr at all. He'll be fantastic for whoever gets him. I just think that highly of Carton.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 01:00:30 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #2171 on: May 01, 2020, 12:58:46 PM »
So the question will be...where will Saar Land.

(German geography joke.)

(too soon?)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2172 on: May 01, 2020, 01:12:11 PM »
Yep.   Carton is no longer the big shiny prize after a couple weeks.  People lose focus quickly.

Laughed at this. Also nodded my head in agreement.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2173 on: May 01, 2020, 02:03:28 PM »
You've got to be unnatural carnal knowledgeing kidding me....really?? Something REALLY smells at DePaul right now...two transfers, both in the portal for at most two days, and one of the worst CBB teams in the country lands them both?? And it's on the up and up?? C'mon man! Marc H$u strikes again.

https://twitter.com/AintuJavon/status/1256297358566002689/photo/1

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2174 on: May 01, 2020, 02:11:07 PM »
You've got to be unnatural carnal knowledgeing kidding me....really?? Something REALLY smells at DePaul right now...two transfers, both in the portal for at most two days, and one of the worst CBB teams in the country lands them both?? And it's on the up and up?? C'mon man! Marc H$u strikes again.

https://twitter.com/AintuJavon/status/1256297358566002689/photo/1

Haven't you said you want programs to do whatever it takes to win? DePaul appears to be doing just that

feedback