[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 474762 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #2075 on: April 28, 2020, 04:24:32 PM »
Freeman-Liberty is a fantastic player and his advanced stats back it up. For reference, T-rank has him listed as the second best remaining available transfer, ahead of the likes of Marcus Santos-Silva that people were salivating over here. He would likely transform our team as much, if not more than Carton (though Carton obviously has the pedigree and power conference background).

Immediately eligible Freeman-Libety and Carton backcourt next year would be a hell of a reload after losing Sacar and Markus.

Bingo! Wojo pulls this one off, and with the addition of Carton, he deserves a statue on campus, it would be THAT good.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #2076 on: April 28, 2020, 04:42:23 PM »
Bingo! Wojo pulls this one off, and with the addition of Carton, he deserves a statue on campus, it would be THAT good.

I'd like to see the state of that statue as time goes by.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2077 on: April 28, 2020, 05:05:36 PM »
He needs to be close to home so that narrows the field significantly(although he was already close to home at Valpo)...would say puts MU firmly in the mix, assuming they will inquire. Would be shocking to me if he stayed at a mid major...like Loyola, Bradley..DePaul

Vonno

@AintuJavon
·
24m

To this day I’ve never had to make a decision this impactful In my life... I love Valpo, they’ve been a huge part of making me the man I am becoming today... I have somethings going on that requires me to home close to my grandmother... Please respect me & my family privacy

When do you learn that what recruits say they want/need/prefer isn't gospel?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2078 on: April 28, 2020, 05:10:56 PM »
I'd like to see the state of that statue as time goes by.

Um ... Wisconsin?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2079 on: April 28, 2020, 05:23:06 PM »
When do you learn that what recruits say they want/need/prefer isn't gospel?

Really?? No crap sherlock..but I will walk you through this...now imagine if you will, the kid has intentions on playing this year and not having to sit out..Now also imagine the kid goes on social media and makes a post about needing to be closer to home(again, he can't be much closer than Valpo to begin with), so now let's imagine after the kid publicly says something like that on social media...he commits to...oh I don't know..let's say Arkansas. How do you think the NCAA is going to look at that when it comes time to approve his waiver??

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #2080 on: April 28, 2020, 05:24:37 PM »
Really?? No crap sherlock..but I will walk you through this...now imagine if you will, the kid has intentions on playing this year and not having to sit out..Now also imagine the kid goes on social media and makes a post about needing to be closer to home(again, he can't be much closer than Valpo to begin with), so now let's imagine after the kid publicly says something like that on social media...he commits to...oh I don't know..let's say Arkansas. How do you think the NCAA is going to look at that when it comes time to approve his waiver??

Or...maybe the kid really wants to play closer to home? I wouldn’t read too much into it man. Marquette has reached out - let’s see where the chips fall.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2081 on: April 28, 2020, 05:28:32 PM »
Or...maybe the kid really wants to play closer to home? I wouldn’t read too much into it man. Marquette has reached out - let’s see where the chips fall.

Exactly my point, maybe he does really want to play closer to home. Although, being fair, you can't be much closer to home than he was at Valpo..DePaul I suppose, but why the hell would he want to play there?? I guess the $$ is pretty good there.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #2082 on: April 28, 2020, 06:30:49 PM »
I like Freeman-Liberty more than Perez.  Better efficiency numbers in a better conference.  I'd feel good landing him.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2083 on: April 28, 2020, 06:35:02 PM »
let’s see where the chips fall.

What? Without pages of speculation? You must be new here!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2084 on: April 28, 2020, 07:05:15 PM »
Eye sey wee erect Woj's statue at da entrance of da Tommy and Joanie Memorial Soccer Megaplex, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2085 on: April 28, 2020, 07:39:33 PM »

I get that. I honestly do.

But just like the other recruit who wanted to play faster, then chose a program that wasn't any faster. This one might say closer to home, then not actually end up there for whatever reason.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #2086 on: April 28, 2020, 08:14:30 PM »
He needs to be close to home so that narrows the field significantly(although he was already close to home at Valpo)...would say puts MU firmly in the mix, assuming they will inquire. Would be shocking to me if he stayed at a mid major...like Loyola, Bradley..DePaul

Unless Grandma lives north of Kenosha, or no other school closer to her has an opening, he sits if he comes to MU under current rules. Valpo is an hour from Chicago. 

Northwestern and DePaul are the most realistic high major options if he wants a waiver.

Vonno

@AintuJavon
·
24m

To this day I’ve never had to make a decision this impactful In my life... I love Valpo, they’ve been a huge part of making me the man I am becoming today... I have somethings going on that requires me to home close to my grandmother... Please respect me & my family privacy
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2087 on: April 28, 2020, 08:55:16 PM »
DePaul shenanigans...who's surprised with Hsu involved...

bleed4blue avatar
Posted on 19 mins, V I P, User Since 159 months ago, User Post Count: 789

19 minsVIP
    159 months

FWIW coach Hsu started following JFL a couple days before he entered his name into the draft... It's almost like DePaul had a plan in place for this to happen. They reposted his post on both Instagram and Twitter. Things look good here.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #2088 on: April 29, 2020, 01:29:23 AM »
:)

Jeff Borzello
@jeffborzello
·
4m
Valparaiso transfer Javon Freeman-Liberty tells ESPN he has heard from Oregon, Arkansas, Marquette, BYU and DePaul since entering the transfer portal this morning.

First-team All-MVC guard averaged 19.0 points, 6.1 rebounds and 3.2 assists

Told y'all he was going to transfer  ;)

Freeman definitely not a shooter, 100% a slashing guard, but one of the best finishers I've ever seen from a PG. Handles the ball really well.

Kind of got put on the back burner because he was apart of a loaded class in Illinois with THT and Ayo Dosunmu. Always liked him better than Ayo.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2089 on: April 29, 2020, 01:33:55 AM »
Elijah Weaver is transferring from USC. Sit 1, play 2, former top 50 recruit. His offensive stats are scary bad but he has great size for the PG position and was known as a very good defender on a very good defensive team (USC was #18 defense per KenPom). Wouldn't be my top choice but we could do worse. Doubt we get involved but who knows, maybe he was inspired by the beatdown we gave them in Orlando and wants to join up.  ;D
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2090 on: April 29, 2020, 06:50:47 AM »
DePaul shenanigans...who's surprised with Hsu involved...

bleed4blue avatar
Posted on 19 mins, V I P, User Since 159 months ago, User Post Count: 789

19 minsVIP
    159 months

FWIW coach Hsu started following JFL a couple days before he entered his name into the draft... It's almost like DePaul had a plan in place for this to happen. They reposted his post on both Instagram and Twitter. Things look good here.

Lol
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2091 on: April 29, 2020, 07:17:17 AM »
Sounds like Olivier Sarr, the big from Wake Forest will be putting his name in the transfer portal...now that's a guy that anyone that has an open scholarship(and probably some that don't), will go after. heck Kentucky fans have been tweeting at him since manning got fired.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2092 on: April 29, 2020, 08:26:49 AM »
Sounds like Olivier Sarr, the big from Wake Forest will be putting his name in the transfer portal...now that's a guy that anyone that has an open scholarship(and probably some that don't), will go after. heck Kentucky fans have been tweeting at him since manning got fired.

Posted 10 double-doubles last year. Really impressive advanced numbers. Wonder if he will be immediately eligible, would be one of the best players to hit the portal this year.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #2093 on: April 29, 2020, 09:20:25 AM »

Viper

• All American
« Reply #2094 on: April 29, 2020, 09:35:38 AM »
USC’s Elijah Weaver enters transfer portal. Definitely worth an inquiry. Weaver was a four-star point guard in USC’s recruiting class of 2018. At that time he ranked 45th nationally In the 247Sports composite.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2095 on: April 29, 2020, 09:53:42 AM »

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #2096 on: April 29, 2020, 09:54:45 AM »

If we ever do get to cannonizing Wojo, I would certainly hope it involves a recreation of the whiteboard incident.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #2097 on: April 29, 2020, 10:02:02 AM »
Posted 10 double-doubles last year. Really impressive advanced numbers. Wonder if he will be immediately eligible, would be one of the best players to hit the portal this year.

uhhhhh yeah, he'd be a big upgrade over Jayce (who I liked)

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2098 on: April 29, 2020, 11:08:02 AM »
I couldn't help but laugh.

Look Nads, Woj's weenie is covered up......or missing, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #2099 on: April 29, 2020, 12:33:16 PM »
USC’s Elijah Weaver enters transfer portal. Definitely worth an inquiry. Weaver was a four-star point guard in USC’s recruiting class of 2018. At that time he ranked 45th nationally In the 247Sports composite.

No offense but do you ever read the thread before posting?