'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 08:48:19 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 08:28:28 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Nukem2
[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 475013 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #1975 on: April 22, 2020, 10:59:15 AM »

A graduate transfer really isn't a "project."

Jose Perez isn't a grad transfer. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1976 on: April 22, 2020, 11:11:20 AM »
Jose Perez isn't a grad transfer. 

Sorry.  You are correct.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1977 on: April 22, 2020, 01:34:52 PM »
I was doing some research on Courvoisier McCauley. His team was D2 but they finished the season 32-1. Not only that, but they lost their first game of the season, so they started 0-1 and finished on a 32 game win streak. Not only that, but the one loss as in OT to another team that finished 32-1 and #4 in the national rankings. Not only that but they had more wins by 40+ (6) then they did by by single digits (4).

McCauley was a dominant player for a very dominant team. On paper, I think he could play big minutes, even at a high major.

McCauley just committed to DePaul.  Following in the footsteps of Max Strus.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #1978 on: April 22, 2020, 02:00:52 PM »

I mean it makes sense, but also - you gotta be kidding me.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1979 on: April 22, 2020, 02:08:27 PM »
I mean it makes sense, but also - you gotta be kidding me.

Something $tinks with this one...literally. The kid was in the portal for a day or two.

“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1980 on: April 22, 2020, 02:08:45 PM »
https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/1253017735895887874?s=20

Marcus Santos-Silva...He's only 6'7" but kid is a BEAST of a rebounder, and can score. Also can only play inside, which is perfect for this team. Had 12pts 17 rebounds, and 12 points 9 rebounds against Obi this year, also had 22-11 against Tennessee, 19 and 2 against Purdue, and 19-11 against LSU. Also had a game last year of 26 points and 22 rebounds.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 02:15:23 PM by muguru »

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #1981 on: April 22, 2020, 02:14:21 PM »
MU seems to reach out to every transfer

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #1982 on: April 22, 2020, 02:17:56 PM »
https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/1253017735895887874?s=20

I would take Santos-Silva over pretty much all transfers that are currently out there if he can be eligible now. Plays bigger than he is and is a walking double double. Unclear if he has graduated or eligble for immediate play, but I have not read anything to indicate that.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1983 on: April 22, 2020, 02:31:32 PM »
I would take Santos-Silva over pretty much all transfers that are currently out there if he can be eligible now. Plays bigger than he is and is a walking double double. Unclear if he has graduated or eligble for immediate play, but I have not read anything to indicate that.

He intends to be a grad transfer...he has a couple of classes to finish up this summer and then will be. as of this second he is not. But will be. I agree 100%...he would be my #1 target without question. Go HARD after him. The fact he will be a grad transfer is absolutely perfect imo.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #1984 on: April 22, 2020, 02:42:47 PM »
He intends to be a grad transfer...he has a couple of classes to finish up this summer and then will be. as of this second he is not. But will be. I agree 100%...he would be my #1 target without question. Go HARD after him. The fact he will be a grad transfer is absolutely perfect imo.

From other things I read, it sounds like he could get Kentucky attention, with Terrence Clark lobbying for him. But for now they have not reached out.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1985 on: April 22, 2020, 02:49:48 PM »
From other things I read, it sounds like he could get Kentucky attention, with Terrence Clark lobbying for him. But for now they have not reached out.

I don't see it, they are about to land Matt Haarms, and have a bunch of guys coming in the same size or bigger than Santos-Silva. Anything is possible, but as of now they haven't contacted him. He is by far my #1 target for MU from what's left. I work hard to get this one done.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #1986 on: April 22, 2020, 02:50:16 PM »

Yea this one would be in the category of amazing get.

Entire squad would be transformed if Carton and this dude were playing next season, both guys would start off the bat.

Theo at the 5 with Santos-Silva at the 4 and Garcia at the 3, Koby and Carton in the backcourt is just damn near too exciting of a projected 5. Tack on Oso, Lewis, Cain, Elliott, Symir, BB?, Akanno, etc off the bench and look out. Gives you so much versatility too, and that’s without even bringing Mane into the equation.

Only real issue there would be several guys that could only be around for one season so you’d have to re load next offseason but who cares. When has MU ever had that problem in recent memory?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1987 on: April 22, 2020, 08:05:34 PM »
This is a LOL for Kentucky...you love to see it, the tone on their board changed drastically from last night when they thought he was signed, sealed delivered..

Jack Pilgrim
@JackPilgrimKSR
 · 12m
Source: BYU has emerged as the favorite for Purdue graduate transfer Matt Haarms, Kentucky no longer feels they are the choice

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #1988 on: April 22, 2020, 08:09:32 PM »
This is a LOL for Kentucky...you love to see it, the tone on their board changed drastically from last night when they thought he was signed, sealed delivered..

Jack Pilgrim
@JackPilgrimKSR
 · 12m
Source: BYU has emerged as the favorite for Purdue graduate transfer Matt Haarms, Kentucky no longer feels they are the choice
Not as funny if it impacts us with Santos-Silva though
No Finish Line

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #1989 on: April 22, 2020, 08:10:48 PM »
Probably scared away Mane.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1990 on: April 22, 2020, 08:11:00 PM »
He can absolutely light it up from downtown. Plays on one of the top D2 teams in the country. And before anyone questions if he'd be overwhelmed at the D1 level, remember Max Strus?? He had no problems, and Freddie Mitchell from Baylor came from DIII.

Duncan Robinson went from D3 Williams to Michigan to the Heat. Some guys just fall through the cracks.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1991 on: April 22, 2020, 08:17:20 PM »
Not as funny if it impacts us with Santos-Silva though

True, however, they hadn't reached out to him YET, now this could change things of course, but idk if he fits what they want, I mean they will have 4 guys his size or bigger anyway, though none real true post players like he is. Man oh man do I want Santos- Silva badly. Add Mane to that and...MY GOD. You could have a starting 5 of...Carton, Mane, Garcia, Santos-Silva, Theo. That's a legit top 15 team IMO. What an incredible job that would be by Wojo and staff if he pulls that off.

For those asking about VCU transfer Marcus Santos-Silva, I don't believe he is a serious candidate for Kentucky at this time. https://t.co/Hr6VZsoX8R
    — Jack Pilgrim (@JackPilgrimKSR) April 23, 2020
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 08:40:43 PM by muguru »

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1992 on: April 22, 2020, 09:50:09 PM »
So I did a little more digging on Santos-Silva, turns out he and Symir were teammates at Vermont Academy and obviously know each other very well. I'd also assume Killings has major contacts there.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1993 on: April 22, 2020, 10:14:41 PM »
So I did a little more digging on Santos-Silva, turns out he and Symir were teammates at Vermont Academy and obviously know each other very well. I'd also assume Killings has major contacts there.

I'm not sure that's true. Santos-Silva was a 2017 recruit & did his 2016-17 year there. In 2016-17, according to Marquette's website, Torrence was at Syracuse Science Academy. Not saying they don't know each other, but pretty sure they didn't play together at Vermont Academy.

https://gomarquette.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/symir-torrence/4699
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1994 on: April 22, 2020, 10:19:16 PM »
I'm not sure that's true. Santos-Silva was a 2017 recruit & did his 2016-17 year there. In 2016-17, according to Marquette's website, Torrence was at Syracuse Science Academy. Not saying they don't know each other, but pretty sure they didn't play together at Vermont Academy.

https://gomarquette.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/symir-torrence/4699

Okay, I guess that makes sense..I couldn't find a roster for Vermont academy for 2016-2017. I knew Santos-Silva graduated in 2017 and just assumed Symir was there then. They do know each other though, I'm certain of that. Regardless, Killings has good contacts with Vermont Academy, so i can't help but get excited at the possibility of this happening.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1995 on: April 22, 2020, 10:39:55 PM »
If he posts a list of 4 or so and we're on it, I'll start getting invested. Otherwise, Marquette is just one name on a list of  at least a dozen schools to reach out. And it wouldn't at all be clear he would start here with Theo on the roster.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #1996 on: April 23, 2020, 09:05:30 AM »
I don't see it, they are about to land Matt Haarms, and have a bunch of guys coming in the same size or bigger than Santos-Silva. Anything is possible, but as of now they haven't contacted him. He is by far my #1 target for MU from what's left. I work hard to get this one done.

Need a proven 2 guard.  I would be OK with Greg if i knew he could stay healthy
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #1997 on: April 23, 2020, 09:10:13 AM »
I work hard to get this one done.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1998 on: April 23, 2020, 11:29:08 AM »
Wow, this is a big get for UWM...

Jon Rothstein

@JonRothstein
·
6m

UTEP transfer Jordan Lathon tells me that he has committed to Milwaukee.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #1999 on: April 23, 2020, 11:34:09 AM »
Wow, this is a big get for UWM...

Jon Rothstein

@JonRothstein
·
6m

UTEP transfer Jordan Lathon tells me that he has committed to Milwaukee.

Good to see. Hope they can get some more talent.