[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 474926 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #1950 on: April 21, 2020, 11:35:41 AM »
this kid is pretty good

He can absolutely light it up from downtown. Plays on one of the top D2 teams in the country. And before anyone questions if he'd be overwhelmed at the D1 level, remember Max Strus?? He had no problems, and Freddie Mitchell from Baylor came from DIII.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #1951 on: April 21, 2020, 11:39:32 AM »
He can absolutely light it up from downtown. Plays on one of the top D2 teams in the country. And before anyone questions if he'd be overwhelmed at the D1 level, remember Max Strus?? He had no problems, and Freddie Mitchell from Baylor came from DIII.

Would you take McCauley or Perez?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1952 on: April 21, 2020, 11:42:06 AM »

Gun to my head...McCauley...he's the better shooter which is something I think MU could use more of.

https://lmurailsplitters.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/courvoisier-mccauley/4388

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1953 on: April 21, 2020, 12:05:58 PM »

I think the top D2 programs are better than a lot of of the low major programs out there. A lot of those players are undersized more than anything.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #1954 on: April 21, 2020, 12:35:10 PM »
Williams is interesting. Great efficiency & puts up numbers like a point forward but did miss some time & wasn't as good when he came back. Also saw a sharp drop in efficiency against up top notch teams, though the sample sizes are very small. Worth a flyer as a sit out transfer.

I read on Rivals that he was struggling big time with back problems. I imagine that everyone will be doing their due diligence on how that has healed--how much DD that can be done on his in the current environment is beyond me. I agree that you definitely take him if you can get him to sit one out in order to monitor (and hopefully build up) his back.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1955 on: April 21, 2020, 12:38:10 PM »

McCauley. Good shooter, length and height, pretty quick. Not sure how his defense is but he has the tools.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1956 on: April 21, 2020, 04:10:47 PM »
Jeff Borzello
@jeffborzello
·
2h
Monmouth guard Ray Salnave is expected to graduate and transfer, sources told ESPN. Second-team All-MAAC, averaged 14.5 points, 3.2 assists and shot 36.4% from 3.

Presutti is following him on twitter

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1957 on: April 21, 2020, 04:43:35 PM »
Jeff Borzello
@jeffborzello
·
9s
Oregon transfer Francis Okoro tells ESPN he will sit out next season regardless of any rule change. Is recovering from shoulder and ankle injuries.

Has heard from Illinois, Saint Louis, Purdue, Texas A&M, Texas, SDSU, Houston, Marquette, Oklahoma, Seton Hall, Missouri and others

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1958 on: April 21, 2020, 04:50:23 PM »
Not that I'm aware of. But clearly the staff's assessment of team needs this off-season isn't matching my own.

Well looks like they've been in touch with both now. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #1959 on: April 21, 2020, 06:52:49 PM »
Can someone give a run-down on players we have reached out to / are in consideration for SINCE we've signed Carton? A nice list to keep players straight (both traditional and grad) would be nice.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1960 on: April 21, 2020, 06:54:35 PM »
Jake
@jakeweingarten
 · 18m
Monmouth graduate transfer Ray Salnave has heard from DePaul, Marquette, Iowa State, Creighton, App State, Hofstra, UNCC, UC Riverside, amongst others, he told @Stockrisers.

Averaged 14.5 points and four rebounds. Entered portal today.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1961 on: April 21, 2020, 07:02:10 PM »
Jake

@jakeweingarten
 · 57m
Marquette, Iowa State and Georgia are the newest programs involved with Lincoln Memorial (DII) transfer Courvoisier McCauley, he told @Stockrisers.

Now THIS one would be a take for me..

Pass it Courvoisier! Pass it Courvoisier!

Too bad the student section is too young to know it and work with it

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1962 on: April 21, 2020, 07:41:07 PM »
Can someone give a run-down on players we have reached out to / are in consideration for SINCE we've signed Carton? A nice list to keep players straight (both traditional and grad) would be nice.

I'll see how good my memory is:

Francis Okoro-F Oregon (sit one play two)
Ray Salnave-G Monmouth (Grad transfer)
Jose Perez-G  Gardner Webb (sit one play two)
Courvoisier McCauley-G DII (sit one play two)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1963 on: April 21, 2020, 09:17:46 PM »
  Courvoisier McCauley

what a great name!  gotta wonder what dad's(and/or mom's) fav after dinner drink is

right up there with matt haryasz and God shammgod   :D
don't...don't don't don't don't

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1964 on: April 21, 2020, 09:19:58 PM »
Okay so Jose Perez is following Sam Hauser...first Justin Turner, now Jose Perez...strange how he is a random follow for these guys..I still can't fathom he'd bad mouth MU to these guys, but of all people why do these transfers suddenly follow Sam Hauser??

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #1965 on: April 21, 2020, 09:48:04 PM »
Okay so Jose Perez is following Sam Hauser...first Justin Turner, now Jose Perez...strange how he is a random follow for these guys..I still can't fathom he'd bad mouth MU to these guys, but of all people why do these transfers suddenly follow Sam Hauser??
Going to Virginia
Goal is National Championship

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1966 on: April 21, 2020, 10:21:32 PM »

If they are transferring, we probably have reached out to them. Less likely if they are a big guy.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1967 on: April 22, 2020, 06:36:38 AM »

Dude
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1968 on: April 22, 2020, 08:54:31 AM »
I was doing some research on Courvoisier McCauley. His team was D2 but they finished the season 32-1. Not only that, but they lost their first game of the season, so they started 0-1 and finished on a 32 game win streak. Not only that, but the one loss as in OT to another team that finished 32-1 and #4 in the national rankings. Not only that but they had more wins by 40+ (6) then they did by by single digits (4).

McCauley was a dominant player for a very dominant team. On paper, I think he could play big minutes, even at a high major.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1969 on: April 22, 2020, 09:23:27 AM »

Jake

@jakeweingarten

Gardner-Webb transfer Jose Perez will begin the [virtual] visit/meeting process today as he’s expected to speak with staffs from Rhode Island and Marquette today, he told
@Stockrisers
. Full breakdown on his recruitment, including 35+ programs. | Story: https://stockrisers.com/2020/04/21/jose-perez-being-pursued-by-30-programs-scheduling-virtual-visit-with-marquette/

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1970 on: April 22, 2020, 09:32:50 AM »
Count me among those who aren't impressed with Jose Perez on paper. His scoring stats are pretty woeful even against reduced competition. To put it into perspective, KenPom has Perez' Ortg only .3 point higher than Koby McEwen's and that was with facing Big South defenses every night.

He does have a good assist rate and TO rate. I could see him being an effective backup ball controlling PG. Just don't expect any scoring from him.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #1971 on: April 22, 2020, 10:26:51 AM »
Count me among those who aren't impressed with Jose Perez on paper. His scoring stats are pretty woeful even against reduced competition. To put it into perspective, KenPom has Perez' Ortg only .3 point higher than Koby McEwen's and that was with facing Big South defenses every night.

He does have a good assist rate and TO rate. I could see him being an effective backup ball controlling PG. Just don't expect any scoring from him.

I think that is what I am expecting. He seems crafty, but doesn't seem to have the burst that we expect out of Big East guards from the video posted here.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1972 on: April 22, 2020, 10:47:39 AM »
Seeing as though we have 2, or perhaps even 3 openings, I am not going to lose much sleep over bringing on someone who could be a bit of a project. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1973 on: April 22, 2020, 10:51:44 AM »
Seeing as though we have 2, or perhaps even 3 openings, I am not going to lose much sleep over bringing on someone who could be a bit of a project. 

A graduate transfer really isn't a "project."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #1974 on: April 22, 2020, 10:52:50 AM »