[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 474814 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #1750 on: April 15, 2020, 04:44:53 PM »
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #1751 on: April 15, 2020, 05:08:03 PM »
He may be training for the draft to go through the process but keeping his options open to return to college. I wouldn't read too much into that photo (why are you on a college kid's social media page anyway).
Creepy Chicos take?
Goal is National Championship

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1752 on: April 15, 2020, 05:25:25 PM »
Now this one is definitely a take for me...

Corey Evans
@coreyevans_10
·
2m
Wake Forest guard Chaundee Brown will transfer, a source tells @RivalsPortal
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1753 on: April 15, 2020, 05:28:47 PM »

Corey Evans
@coreyevans_10
·
2m

Agreed, that's a call I would make. Not as spectacular as some of the names that have come and gone, but proven at the high major level.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1754 on: April 15, 2020, 05:30:24 PM »
Agreed, that's a call I would make. Not as spectacular as some of the names that have come and gone, but proven at the high major level.

Absolutely 12.1 PPG and 6.5 rebounds per game 108.9 O-Rating

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #1755 on: April 15, 2020, 05:31:15 PM »

Corey Evans
@coreyevans_10
·
2m

Very solid player

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1756 on: April 15, 2020, 05:36:51 PM »
A couple stories on CBB transfers today in the New Haven Register.

Thanks for posting that MUFIC. I liked reading what the coaches had to say, even some of the stuff I disagreed with.

The idea that WSU having seven transfers just being the "portal" as the problem and absolving Marshall of blame himself is ridiculous. That doesn't happen unless there's a bigger, systemic problem.

Thought the exact same thing myself, brewski.

Being a college basketball coach and dealing with this crap daily would be infuriating.

Nobody is holding a gun to any coach's head,JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ. Each is free to leave his multimillion-dollar job any time he wants.

And lots of them do leave ... for even more millions. And they never have to sit out a year.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1757 on: April 15, 2020, 05:41:52 PM »
Very solid player

Chaundee Brown is leaving Wake Forest’s basketball team to enter the NBA draft process and, if he maintains his eligibility and returns to college, he plans to enter the transfer portal and play his final season elsewhere, a source said Wednesday.

Brown, a rising senior, is expected to make his announcement on entering the draft process — whatever that may look like amid the COVID-19 outbreak — later this week.

Last week, Coach Danny Manning told the Journal that he would encourage juniors Olivier Sarr and Brown to enter the NBA draft process and seek feedback from teams.

Brown is poised to become the fifth player in the last four years to leave Wake Forest before his senior season, along with Dinos Mitoglou, Bryant Crawford, Doral Moore and Keyshawn Woods. 

The 6-5, 220-pound Brown is the third player to leave Wake Forest since the end of the season. Previously, sophomore guards Sharone Wright Jr. and Michael Wynn entered the transfer portal.

Wake Forest has added one graduate transfer, Ian DuBose from Houston Baptist. With Brown’s departure, the Deacons will have two open scholarships to fill.

Brown’s junior season was up and down, due partly to injuries. He missed practicing last summer because of knee surgery. In November, Brown suffered an ankle injury in practice and missed one game, and then appeared hobbled in the following five games — during which his scoring average dipped from 15.8 points to 11.0.

Then in the Deacons’ first game of January, a win at Pittsburgh, Brown suffered a torn calf muscle that caused him to miss the next seven games.

Highlighting the last 11 games in Brown’s season was a 24-point, nine-rebound performance in the Deacons’ double overtime win over Duke. That was his fifth and final 20-point game of the season.

Brown was third on the Deacons in scoring each of the last two seasons, averaging 11.9 and 12.1 points per game last season and this past season, respectively. He started 74 of 84 career games for Wake Forest. The most recent season was the first when he missed multiple games because of injuries.

The Orlando, Fla., native averaged 7.6 points and 3.0 rebounds per game as a freshman and took strides as a rebounder in the past two seasons. In his sophomore season, Brown averaged 5 rebounds. In the most recent season that number went to 6.5.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #1758 on: April 15, 2020, 06:14:47 PM »
Absolutely 12.1 PPG and 6.5 rebounds per game 108.9 O-Rating

Marquette would jump from 78 to 53.

for example; Justin turner would have bumped MU to 56. So this would be a big value player on the market

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1759 on: April 15, 2020, 06:18:05 PM »
Marquette would jump from 78 to 53.

for example; Justin turner would have bumped MU to 56. So this would be a big value player on the market

He is entering the draft, but I can't see him staying in. This is one MU needs to be on from the beginning and get a commitment from. he had some injuries last year but is a very good player. Had 5 20+ point games last year.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #1760 on: April 15, 2020, 06:30:26 PM »
He is entering the draft, but I can't see him staying in. This is one MU needs to be on from the beginning and get a commitment from. he had some injuries last year but is a very good player. Had 5 20+ point games last year.

Hes not projected to be picked in any projections. It's pretty clear he's not an NBA prospect at this point, and that he's just entering "just because" he can. Not worried about that, but am worried that he will be sought after by just about everyone on the market.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1761 on: April 15, 2020, 06:33:48 PM »
The question will be if Brown can get immediate eligibility. I haven't seen anything to indicate he's a grad transfer as of yet.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1762 on: April 15, 2020, 06:35:33 PM »
The question will be if Brown can get immediate eligibility. I haven't seen anything to indicate he's a grad transfer as of yet.

Neither have I, that's what I'm trying to figure out

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1763 on: April 15, 2020, 07:06:24 PM »
He's literate?

I had no idea he was able to get access to all of the necessary documents for a waiver and know what is needed to get a waiver. Pretty impressive.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1764 on: April 15, 2020, 07:08:42 PM »
I had no idea he was able to get access to all of the necessary documents for a waiver and know what is needed to get a waiver. Pretty impressive.

Considering the granting of basketball waivers last year, the publicity of Carton's story, and the support he received from Holtmann and the OSU community, he's as close to a slam dunk waiver as you can get. In this climate, the NCAA would not refuse someone like Carton if they transferred closer to home. If he asks for a waiver, he will get it.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1765 on: April 15, 2020, 07:21:44 PM »
Brown would be a solid pickup but unless he graduated in three years (or is granted a waiver) he is a sit one play one. Still would be a solid add for a year
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #1766 on: April 15, 2020, 07:23:52 PM »
Very solid player

Sit one and play one?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1767 on: April 15, 2020, 07:25:06 PM »
This just got a whole lot better, fellas.  Enjoy this one.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1768 on: April 15, 2020, 07:26:41 PM »
Considering the granting of basketball waivers last year, the publicity of Carton's story, and the support he received from Holtmann and the OSU community, he's as close to a slam dunk waiver as you can get. In this climate, the NCAA would not refuse someone like Carton if they transferred closer to home. If he asks for a waiver, he will get it.

Guessing we're about to find out...

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #1769 on: April 15, 2020, 07:29:26 PM »
For all the arguments, the stress, the obnoxious off-topic posts, the last 5 minutes have been more than worth it. We landed the undisputed #1 transfer in the country, at the position we need most. Savor this one, boys.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #1770 on: April 15, 2020, 07:31:56 PM »
Had a weird feeling he would commit before tonight ceremony and they would announce it or bring him on or something

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #1771 on: April 15, 2020, 07:34:38 PM »
Have seen projection of players coming to MU taking them from 78 to .....

What does the Carton commitment do?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1772 on: April 15, 2020, 07:36:49 PM »
Had a weird feeling he would commit before tonight ceremony and they would announce it or bring him on or something

This is exactly what I was thinking Doc after i saw his instagram post about his decision being made...I said, this sets up perfectly for a Banquet and first day of late signing period commit announcement.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1773 on: April 15, 2020, 08:06:47 PM »
For all the arguments, the stress, the obnoxious off-topic posts, the last 5 minutes have been more than worth it. We landed the undisputed #1 transfer in the country, at the position we need most. Savor this one, boys.
bingo!

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #1774 on: April 15, 2020, 09:30:47 PM »
or media members who have been given access by coaches.

Is that common practice?  How does that work, is it a login and password that is shared by coach to media member?
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato