[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 474790 times)

genious expert

• Team Captain
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #1700 on: April 15, 2020, 09:55:37 AM »
Also, after doing a little more digging on twitter it sounds like DeJulius was never in the transfer portal on the 247 site in the first place. (according to several Michigan fans on twitter)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1701 on: April 15, 2020, 10:14:36 AM »
Also, after doing a little more digging on twitter it sounds like DeJulius was never in the transfer portal on the 247 site in the first place. (according to several Michigan fans on twitter)

Michigan is a team that went from the penthouse to the outhouse quick.  DeJulius transfer, Livers testing the draft, Josh Christopher crossing them up and then Isaiah Todd going pro.  They went from trying to figure out the scholarship situation to trying to fill the scholarship spots
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1702 on: April 15, 2020, 10:16:18 AM »
247 is not the offical transfer portal, correct?

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1703 on: April 15, 2020, 10:17:10 AM »

Thanks for the updates.

MU_Beav

• Starter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1705 on: April 15, 2020, 10:32:19 AM »
Michigan is a team that went from the penthouse to the outhouse quick.  DeJulius transfer, Livers testing the draft, Josh Christopher crossing them up and then Isaiah Todd going pro.  They went from trying to figure out the scholarship situation to trying to fill the scholarship spots

juxtapose this as if it were happening here and there would be a lot of hair on fire reactions...just a wild guess though...anecdotally of course
don't...don't don't don't don't

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #1706 on: April 15, 2020, 10:36:54 AM »
247 is not the offical transfer portal, correct?

Correct. As far as I know the actual NCAA transfer portal can only be accessed by school administrators and coaches.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1707 on: April 15, 2020, 10:52:30 AM »

Remember when certain posters were hyping Juwan Howard? He was killing it at the beginning of this season and dominating recruiting?

It's almost like we don't like to wait until all the evidence is in. That seems to happen a lot with this board and coaching/player evaluations

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1708 on: April 15, 2020, 11:43:52 AM »
On the Iowa St board, their insider Chris Williams put in his crystal ball for DeJulius to Cincinnati

And the Iowa St insider on 247 also just said DeJulius to Cincy.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 11:56:47 AM by muguru »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #1709 on: April 15, 2020, 11:55:16 AM »
Per Gery Woelfel @ Gery Woelfel
Talented SG Justin Turner who  considered transferring to Marquette said the COVID-19 crisis played a big role in his decision to stay at Bowling Green said Turner “It impacted my decision a lot I did not make a visit, who knows what would of happened”

That and Sam Hauser. Sam Hauser  “liking” Goodman’s Tweet  That Justin Turner was staying at Bowling Green
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 12:03:53 PM by MarquetteMike1977 »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1710 on: April 15, 2020, 12:01:37 PM »
It's almost like we don't like to wait until all the evidence is in.

No way! Take that back!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #1711 on: April 15, 2020, 12:01:40 PM »
Per Gery Woelfel @ Gery Woelfel
Talented SG Justin Turner who  considered transferring to Marquette said the COVID-19 crisis played a big role in his decision to stay at Bowling Green said Turner “It impacted my decision a lot I did not make a visit, who knows what would of happened”
Not a good take I mean, I didn't come back because of teammates or school, the virus and not making visits
Goal is National Championship

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1712 on: April 15, 2020, 12:02:24 PM »
Welp.  Not looking good on DeJulius.  Hopefully we get much needed good news on Carton in the next 48 hours.  If he goes elsewhere, insert the "everything is fine" GIF with the house on fire. 

If we can land Carton tho, next year goes from looking like a NIT bubble team at the moment, to a team that has chance to make the tournament.  It also takes a little pressure off finding impact guys with those last 2 scholarships - can just try to find a role playing grad and a traditional transfer that may appear next few weeks.     
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #1713 on: April 15, 2020, 12:19:15 PM »
Not a good take I mean, I didn't come back because of teammates or school, the virus and not making visits

Yeah, though I think his status as a grad transfer impacts the optics of that somewhat.  Playing as a senior this past year, I think most guys on his team assumed he was gone at the end of this year, and wouldn't have taken it as a sleight if he chose a different experience for his grad year.  Him coming back was the surprise, and I don't think its throwing shade for him to acknowledge that covid significantly impacted his ability to get comfortable enough somewhere else to make the jump.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #1714 on: April 15, 2020, 12:19:30 PM »
On the Iowa St board, their insider Chris Williams put in his crystal ball for DeJulius to Cincinnati

Hey Real Chili is more awesome than Skyline Chili 🙂

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #1715 on: April 15, 2020, 12:21:12 PM »

This guy was wrong on Turner on like 4 separate occasions. He's literally just guessing

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1716 on: April 15, 2020, 12:35:28 PM »
This guy was wrong on Turner on like 4 separate occasions. He's literally just guessing

No he wasn't/isn't. He had Turner to Bowling Green about a half an hour before he announced it.

That's two diff insiders saying Cincy now so..
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #1717 on: April 15, 2020, 12:37:47 PM »
Thanks.  Missed that.

Updated list (in my order of preference):

DJ Carton (OSU transfer; sit 1, play 3) PG
David DeJulius (Michigan transfer; sit 1, play 2) PG
Karim Mane (freshman) PG
Jalen Carey (Cuse transfer; sit 1; play 2) PG
Darius Perry (Louisville grad) PG
Gabe Watson (Southern Miss; sit 1, play 2) G
Jonah Antonio (UNLV grad) SG

Miss State writer crystal balled Gabe Watson to Miss State last night

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1718 on: April 15, 2020, 12:41:18 PM »
Correct. As far as I know the actual NCAA transfer portal can only be accessed by school administrators and coaches.

or media members who have been given access by coaches.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1719 on: April 15, 2020, 12:45:47 PM »
Remember when certain posters were hyping Juwan Howard? He was killing it at the beginning of this season and dominating recruiting?

It's almost like we don't like to wait until all the evidence is in. That seems to happen a lot with this board and coaching/player evaluations

I wouldn't give up on him yet.  Livers may not go, Christopher's brother is at ASU, the Todd thing was kind of out of nowhere and not like the kid ended up going to a rival school. So while he isn't the future Wooden people were making him out to be after the Bahamas tourney I don't think we can conclude he's the next Dukuit either (especially after team performance jumped after getting Livers back from injury).
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

dad's couch

• Starter
« Reply #1720 on: April 15, 2020, 12:48:37 PM »
Welp.  Not looking good on DeJulius.  Hopefully we get much needed good news on Carton in the next 48 hours.  If he goes elsewhere, insert the "everything is fine" GIF with the house on fire. 

If we can land Carton tho, next year goes from looking like a NIT bubble team at the moment, to a team that has chance to make the tournament.  It also takes a little pressure off finding impact guys with those last 2 scholarships - can just try to find a role playing grad and a traditional transfer that may appear next few weeks.   

Please stop. There is no evidence the kid will get a waiver next year or even wants one. The worst is he comes here and wants to sit a year to take care of his needs while idiot chat room fans saying our season would be better if only he played.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #1721 on: April 15, 2020, 12:50:27 PM »
No he wasn't/isn't. He had Turner to Bowling Green about a half an hour before he announced it.

That's two diff insiders saying Cincy now so..

That guy was posted on here multiple times saying he was going to Mizzou. Then a day before he was saying Marquette. Then Turner stayed at BG. He's been wrong on numerous occasions.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1722 on: April 15, 2020, 12:53:50 PM »
That guy was posted on here multiple times saying he was going to Mizzou. Then a day before he was saying Marquette. Then Turner stayed at BG. He's been wrong on numerous occasions.

Does he have a Twitter or Instagram account?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #1723 on: April 15, 2020, 01:07:45 PM »
Does he have a Twitter or Instagram account?

Cyclone Fanatic publisher

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1724 on: April 15, 2020, 01:09:58 PM »
Please stop. There is no evidence the kid will get a waiver next year or even wants one. The worst is he comes here and wants to sit a year to take care of his needs while idiot chat room fans saying our season would be better if only he played.

Lol. Please stop discussing transfers on a thread about transfers?  Classic. Maybe you should stop reading this board if can't handle basic on-topic discussion, and need to resort to name calling. 

Based on the NCAA's historical precedent on waivers, Carton is as close to slam dunk waiver as you can find.  Its also been reported that Carton won't even go to college if he can't get a waiver.  So its probably safe to assume he wants one.  No I don't know for certain - but neither do you.  And if Carton came to Marquette, and wanted to take a his redshirt year (or was unable to get a waiver for whatever reason), I certainly wouldn't fault Carton himself.  But it doesn't exactly take a ton of mindnumbing analysis to come to the conclusion that Marquette would be vastly better next season with Carton playing basketball games.

So no, you stop.   
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.