[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 474792 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #1575 on: April 14, 2020, 07:29:13 AM »
Offers and conditions of that offer are two way streets.  Just because he chose to go back to BGSU doesn't mean he had other great options to choose from.  He would have been a grad transfer but I wouldn't be surprised if he heard a lot of you will need to win your spot.  We aren't going to guarantee a starting job for you.  Without getting to visit the school and play with the team, lots of doubts could arise.  Is he much better than Symir?  Being the best player on a bad team doesn't mean you would be able to replace the bench player on a good team.  With BGSU he knew what he was getting.

The fact that he went to none of the final schools on his list and returned tells me he wasn't going to get what he was hoping for at any of them.

Yes.  He is better than Symir.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #1576 on: April 14, 2020, 07:45:09 AM »
That's simply not going to happen, that ship has pretty much sailed, people need to just accept that unfortunately. It sucks, but here we are.

I’m a little behind, but what was said to make Mane a low probability?

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #1577 on: April 14, 2020, 07:48:06 AM »

Wojo

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1578 on: April 14, 2020, 07:50:29 AM »

Wojo

Source?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #1579 on: April 14, 2020, 07:51:53 AM »
His coaching.Need any others

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1580 on: April 14, 2020, 07:56:17 AM »
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #1581 on: April 14, 2020, 08:00:52 AM »
Michigan St and Tom Izzo

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1582 on: April 14, 2020, 08:07:51 AM »
His coaching.Need any others

So what you're saying is that Garcia, Lewis and Oso were too stoopid to know that Wojo would be career-killers? Nice.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

panda

• All American
« Reply #1583 on: April 14, 2020, 08:16:54 AM »
So what you're saying is that Garcia, Lewis and Oso were too stoopid to know that Wojo would be career-killers? Nice.

I think it’s a fair assessment. The freshman committed before the season and these transfers are evaluating the state of the program after all of the dust has settled.

It’s a fluid situation.

dad's couch

• Starter
« Reply #1584 on: April 14, 2020, 08:31:42 AM »
Facts? No. You guys make thinks up or say things as facts. I'll give you a few examples.
1) Saying the NCAA will approve a new transfer rule that will make all transfers able to play next year. The rule will pass but not until the following season
2) Toxic environment around the program. After the Housers left only 3 people have left the program. Two were assistant coaches who got head coaching jobs and Ed who saw his playing time dwindle next to nothing. Meanwhile all the other BE programs except Villanova have had at least 1 player transfer in the same time period.
3) Mane cooled on Wojo because of coaching. The kid is looking at all his options. Show me a credible source that says we are no longer in the running.
4) Carton is going to play next year. Again. Show me a credible source that said that. In fact show me any credible source that has commented on his recruitment over the last 3 weeks. There isn't anything because he's kept everything to himself.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #1585 on: April 14, 2020, 08:35:36 AM »
dad's couch.Show me some facts that Wojo can coach.

• All American
« Reply #1586 on: April 14, 2020, 08:36:20 AM »
I think people feel that Carton will be granted a waiver because players in similar situations have received waivers in the past.  I think at worst he would have to sit first semester.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

dad's couch

• Starter
« Reply #1587 on: April 14, 2020, 08:48:11 AM »
dad's couch.Show me some facts that Wojo can coach.

He's a D1 head coach that has gotten to the NCAA tournament 3 of the last 4 years. His teams have been ranked inside the top 25 the last 2 seasons. His teams have beaten Villlanova who are coached by the AP's Coach of the Decade. He was contacted by VT in their coaching search last year so other people in the know value him.

I'm not getting is a pissing match because you hate Wojo. Fine. But quit making statements that you guys say are facts when they are opinions.  Or keep doing it and get laughed at.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #1588 on: April 14, 2020, 09:02:09 AM »
Well I guess you are happy getting to the NCAA in 3 of 6 years and getting embarrassed in both games.It would have been three if the games would have been played this year.Marquette can do better.Much better.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #1589 on: April 14, 2020, 09:08:48 AM »
Well I guess you are happy getting to the NCAA in 3 of 6 years and getting embarrassed in both games.It would have been three if the games would have been played this year.Marquette can do better.Much better.

Another opinion presented as fact.  It's fine to have opinions.  It's fine to have negative opinions about Wojo.  You start to lose credibility when you present them as facts.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1590 on: April 14, 2020, 09:10:35 AM »
I wonder if MU might consider reaching out to Jamal Bienemy.. . Or maybe Jalen Carey. Idk, the pickings are so slim now..I'm just throwing crap against a wall and see if it sticks.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #1591 on: April 14, 2020, 09:11:29 AM »
His teams have beaten Villlanova who are coached by the AP's Coach of the Decade.

are we really flexing that Wojo beat an conference opponent?

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #1592 on: April 14, 2020, 09:17:16 AM »
Hey DJ. The facts are his results.No denying those.His teams have folded like accordions the last two years.Had an all American guard and no NCAA wins.Lost 2 starters to transfer.How many more years should MU wait?

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #1593 on: April 14, 2020, 09:23:48 AM »
Hey DJ. The facts are his results.No denying those.His teams have folded like accordions the last two years.Had an all American guard and no NCAA wins.Lost 2 starters to transfer.How many more years should MU wait?

That depends on a couple of variables.  What he does in the future.  What his buyout is.  The University's economic situation.  How he/his players/his staff presents themselves off the court.  To a lesser extent how his recruiting classes are. 

Whether you like it or not, there is more at play here than just the number of games won in the NCAA tournament.  If that doesn't sit well with you, you could pull your donation, not buy tickets (assuming there are even games to attend), write to the BOT with your frustrations, or decide to support another program, but I can guarantee that no number of posts on here will get him fired. 

I understand the frustration (both basketball and otherwise) right now, and I respect the need to vent.  Stay safe and healthy.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #1594 on: April 14, 2020, 09:46:42 AM »
Offers and conditions of that offer are two way streets.  Just because he chose to go back to BGSU doesn't mean he had other great options to choose from.  He would have been a grad transfer but I wouldn't be surprised if he heard a lot of you will need to win your spot.  We aren't going to guarantee a starting job for you.  Without getting to visit the school and play with the team, lots of doubts could arise.  Is he much better than Symir?  Being the best player on a bad team doesn't mean you would be able to replace the bench player on a good team.  With BGSU he knew what he was getting.

The fact that he went to none of the final schools on his list and returned tells me he wasn't going to get what he was hoping for at any of them.

Wow.  I'd expect more from a Gus Macker champ.  Or did you forget to use the teal font color? 

• All American
« Reply #1595 on: April 14, 2020, 09:50:55 AM »
Dad, you make too much sense for this blog. You do realize most of these posters are Democrats, yes?

Dumb.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #1596 on: April 14, 2020, 09:51:48 AM »

Why did you change 3 of the last 4 to 3 of the last 6?  Both are accurate, but one version implies you are digging far back for an outcome to justify your position.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #1597 on: April 14, 2020, 09:52:51 AM »
Dad, you make too much sense for this blog. You do realize most of these posters are Democrats, yes?

Ridiculous and should be removed
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #1598 on: April 14, 2020, 09:58:05 AM »
Warrior Dad.Fine 3 of 4.Whoopee do.He has not won an NCAA game in 6 years at a basketball rich tradition school.His record is below .500 in Big East Play and his teams fizzle out at end of year.I am glad you are happy with these results

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1599 on: April 14, 2020, 10:01:20 AM »
I wonder if MU might consider reaching out to Jamal Bienemy.. . Or maybe Jalen Carey. Idk, the pickings are so slim now..I'm just throwing crap against a wall and see if it sticks.

Pretty sure MU was in contact with Jalen Carey early in the process. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

feedback