[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 474769 times)

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #1275 on: April 12, 2020, 07:20:30 PM »
Grazie Jwags

Would seem strange then for Wojo to start following a recruit right before said recruit makes his decision, unless coach knows something.

Maybe all he knows is that tomorrow is his decision date.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1276 on: April 12, 2020, 07:25:19 PM »
Turner announcement at 3 pm ET.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1277 on: April 12, 2020, 07:32:52 PM »
Turner announcement at 3 pm ET.

Where did you see that??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1278 on: April 12, 2020, 07:34:05 PM »
Maybe all he knows is that tomorrow is his decision date.

LOL I hope this is sarcasm and you don't really believe this. Wojo knows where he's going by now.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1279 on: April 12, 2020, 07:47:38 PM »
Where did you see that??

A couple places on Twitter have it.

https://twitter.com/MattJHarris85/status/1249484301810483201?s=19

"Justin Turner confirms a decision coming at 3 p.m. ET Monday between #Mizzou, Marquette, Iowa State and Bowling Green."

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1280 on: April 12, 2020, 07:53:00 PM »

"Justin Turner confirms a decision coming at 3 p.m. ET Monday between #Mizzou, Marquette, Iowa State and Bowling Green."

Thanks man!

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1281 on: April 12, 2020, 08:34:16 PM »

I don’t get his keeping Bowling Green as a possibility.  If he does that, WTH was the point of this exercise?  Seems like he’s throwing them a bone as he walks out the door, no hard feelings kind of thing

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #1282 on: April 12, 2020, 08:35:15 PM »
Any idea when Burton is announcing tomorrow?

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #1283 on: April 12, 2020, 08:39:42 PM »
Given, MU's record in his three years of starting he was a pretty good point guard.
I believe this year's team would of been much better with Cadougan.

Top 15 team with Cadougan in place of Koby, no qwestion
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1284 on: April 12, 2020, 08:44:27 PM »
I don’t get his keeping Bowling Green as a possibility.  If he does that, WTH was the point of this exercise?  Seems like he’s throwing them a bone as he walks out the door, no hard feelings kind of thing

Well...I think it's more a courtesy than anything else...BUT given the way things are right now, if he really doesn't feel truly comfortable with any of the other schools because he can't visit, etc, going back to Bowling Green might not be a bad option in his mind. It's somewhere he knows and somewhere he is comfortable.

I'm going to be honest, I would be LESS perplexed and upset if he somehow ended up going back to Bowling Green then I would be if he chose Missouri or Iowa St. I don't think Iowa st is much of a factor in this, but Marquette has everything he could possibly want..closest to home of the finalists, players from Detroit(one of which he knows well as he played against him in HS), he can be the guy here, and with him a very legit chance of making the tourney next year(much better chance than Iowa St or Mizzou IMO), and as an added bonus hs former teammate and friend goes to MU dental school now. C'mon Justin, make the right decision!

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1285 on: April 12, 2020, 08:45:17 PM »
Any idea when Burton is announcing tomorrow?

I haven't seen anything on him

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1286 on: April 12, 2020, 08:45:48 PM »
Cadougan was a pretty much average high major point guard.  Handled it well, could shoot it fine, but below average defensively.

He had a role on those Buzz teams and fit it fine, but watching Peyton Siva blow by him at-will in the BET, while Buzz had Blue guarding some spot up shooter who would just stand in the corner, was one of the more frustrating displays in those Buzz years.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #1287 on: April 12, 2020, 08:50:24 PM »
Diener could play a 1 or 2, and did. Drafted in the 2nd rd, played more 1 than 2, but played off-ball. Don’t bring your weak s&@t in the lane.

This is horrible, truly horrible.  Wether it be HS, AAu, college, or the NBA Diener  was a PG.  Dont recall him ever playing off the ball.  This is just a really bad take to say he played off the ball or as a 2.  Did u actually ever see him play?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1288 on: April 12, 2020, 08:53:30 PM »

Yeah, there would certainly be a question. Cadougan was pretty good, but no savior by any stretch. 

The other reason it wouldn’t be close to a given is clueless pacing the sidelines.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1289 on: April 12, 2020, 09:22:12 PM »
LOL I hope this is sarcasm and you don't really believe this. Wojo knows where he's going by now.

Well, someone reported Wojo is following on Twitter. Wojo wouldn’t be following him if he knew he wasn’t coming here. Ergo, MU it is, right?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1290 on: April 12, 2020, 09:24:15 PM »

Junior wouldn't have made that team better. Junior is remembered fondly because of what was around him, not because of what he himself could do.

Junior was, like Koby, a below average point guard. The two were similar in terms of effectiveness. Junior was a little better finishing in the lane but didn't get to or convert at the line as well. Junior had a slightly better assist rate but couldn't shoot the three nearly as well. Both turned it over about the same, both were low-efficiency guys, both had comparable usage. Koby was a much better defender and rebounder.

Considering that what this team needed was additional scoring options, they likely would have been even worse with Junior, who was never much for scoring the basketball.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1291 on: April 12, 2020, 09:27:41 PM »
Well, someone reported Wojo is following on Twitter. Wojo wouldn’t be following him if he knew he wasn’t coming here. Ergo, MU it is, right?

Sure!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #1292 on: April 12, 2020, 09:36:10 PM »
Thanks man...I just try to keep people informed. Maybe I over do it once in awhile, but if I think it's relevant, I post it.

I don't even see an official twitter account for Wojo or anyone besides Killings following Turner. Help?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1293 on: April 12, 2020, 09:44:36 PM »
Remember every offseason discussing Junior’s big jump? Waiting for that weight loss and lateral quickness to propel him to an All-BE PG.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1294 on: April 12, 2020, 09:47:13 PM »
I don't even see an official twitter account for Wojo or anyone besides Killings following Turner. Help?

Instagram

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1295 on: April 12, 2020, 09:47:34 PM »
Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
·
40s
Louisville has landed San Francisco grad transfer Charles Minlend, he told @stadium
. 6-4 guard averaged 14.4 points this past season for the Dons.

Louisville came out of nowhere. Wasn’t even in his final 7: Butler, Arizona, BYU, Arkansas, Mississippi St, Indiana, and Gonzaga.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #1296 on: April 12, 2020, 09:50:39 PM »

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1297 on: April 12, 2020, 09:54:25 PM »
From an Iowa State insider...

I'm now completely clueless on Turner. Just heard from somebody that it'll be Marquette. All of the national guys seem to think Missouri.

I will be surprised if it's Iowa State ... Not shutting the door completley but just keeping it real too.

I do think ISU is probably the leader for DeJulius.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1298 on: April 12, 2020, 09:54:31 PM »
Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
·
40s
Louisville has landed San Francisco grad transfer Charles Minlend, he told @stadium
. 6-4 guard averaged 14.4 points this past season for the Dons.

Louisville came out of nowhere. Wasn’t even in his final 7: Butler, Arizona, BYU, Arkansas, Mississippi St, Indiana, and Gonzaga.

Last time Louisville came out of nowhere for a recruit the kid's name was Brian Bowen.
Hmm.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1299 on: April 12, 2020, 09:57:47 PM »
Junior wouldn't have made that team better. Junior is remembered fondly because of what was around him, not because of what he himself could do.

Junior was, like Koby, a below average point guard. The two were similar in terms of effectiveness. Junior was a little better finishing in the lane but didn't get to or convert at the line as well. Junior had a slightly better assist rate but couldn't shoot the three nearly as well. Both turned it over about the same, both were low-efficiency guys, both had comparable usage. Koby was a much better defender and rebounder.

Considering that what this team needed was additional scoring options, they likely would have been even worse with Junior, who was never much for scoring the basketball.

There's some selective memory going on from some of our friends here, brewski. Junior was beaten up pretty good on Scoop. Not nearly as much love as he's getting now.

I liked Junior because I thought he was tough, I thought he gave everything he had to give, and I thought he did a good job organizing the offense. Plus, until Vander's BE-title winning shot vs St John's, I felt Junior made by far the biggest shot of that fun, special season.

What I've said since then is that he should be the floor for Marquette PGs. In other words, we should always be able to recruit well enough that we never have a less-talented PG than he was. Unfortunately, from Buzz's final season through much of Wojo's time, we often have crashed through that floor.

I think we probably would have been a little better these past two years with a junior and senior-caliber Junior because he would have been miles better than Chartouney and he wouldn't have lost his shyte as often as Koby seemed to. But I don't think the final results would have been all that different.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson