'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 08:48:19 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 08:28:28 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Nukem2
[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 475013 times)

Viper

• All American
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #1250 on: April 12, 2020, 05:04:15 PM »
You’re kidding with that question I hope.

Carton would be a pretty big coup to land.
...TRUE point guard that was good? Aaron Hutchins wasn’t a true point guard. (If Hutchins was 6’4” he’d have been a 1st round pick as a 2.) Diener? Not a true 1. Dominic James...I’ll give you that, he was excellent. Who else?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1251 on: April 12, 2020, 05:09:37 PM »
...TRUE point guard that was good? Aaron Hutchins wasn’t a true point guard. (If Hutchins was 6’4” he’d have been a 1st round pick as a 2.) Diener? Not a true 1. Dominic James...I’ll give you that, he was excellent. Who else?

What makes a “TRUE” point guard? A guy who can’t score? If so, I’m not interested in them.

Hutchins and Diener were TRUE point guards. And studs at that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1252 on: April 12, 2020, 05:20:12 PM »
Coach goes 14-19, finishes in last place in his conference, comes right out and says he should be fired. Then, after season, he loses out on good transfer even though it was transfer's "dream school" and even though it was transfer's dad's alma mater.

Name that horrible coach.

Wojo’s worst season is worse than Roy’s worst. Wojo’s average season is way worse than Roy’s average one. Wojo’s best season is way, way worse than Roy’s best.

Same with Jay Wright, Coach K and the other successful coaches the projos think are remotely comparable to Wojo. They’re not. It’s embarrassing that people keep comparing them. Please stop.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #1253 on: April 12, 2020, 05:20:31 PM »

Diener not a true point??!!!  Now that is stupid!!!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1254 on: April 12, 2020, 05:21:33 PM »
What makes a “TRUE” point guard? A guy who can’t score? If so, I’m not interested in them.

Exactly. Though not a stud per say but Junior Cadougan was pretty darn good. he was a true PG
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #1255 on: April 12, 2020, 05:32:54 PM »
Wojo is now following Justin Turner....

Muguru

Keep up the good work. I enjoy your posts!

I’m unfamiliar with how this Instagram “following” stuff actually works so be patient.  :-\

Did he just start following him?  Is it normal to follow a player when he commits to another program? 

Thanks in advance.
Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1256 on: April 12, 2020, 05:42:30 PM »
Okay so..are they going up against blue bloods for the transfers they are currently in on?? Is that asking them to recruit like those schools?? Look at Turner's list...look at Burton's list..look at all the info, quotes by the kids, location to home, etc, and tell me why it's unrealistic to think MU couldn't(and maybe even shouldn't) win a recruiting battle for Turner against Missouri and Iowa St, and a recruiting battle against SH, Xavier and Texas Tech for Burton, when the kid himself stated he wants to play fast and that is VERY important to him. Even without that, those schools aren't impossible to recruit against, certainly not blue bloods right??

Recruits/players - as well as coaches - say things all the time but then later change their minds. I wouldn't give public statements like that too much value

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1257 on: April 12, 2020, 05:42:45 PM »
Muguru

I’m unfamiliar with how this Instagram “following” stuff actually works so be patient:-\

Did he just start following him?  Is it normal to follow a player when he commits to another program? 

Thanks in advance.

Same way you would “add a friend” on Facebook. In a way, to be old school, you’re subscribing to their mailing list, in that now you see all their posts in your feed and if they post “stories” which disappear after 24 hours, it shows up to followers as well.

There aren’t any norms, but it usually conveys a level of interest and investment. Far more interesting are when players follow supporting staff, assistant coaches, or other players

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #1258 on: April 12, 2020, 05:43:55 PM »
Exactly. Though not a stud per say but Junior Cadougan was pretty darn good. he was a true PG

Given, MU's record in his three years of starting he was a pretty good point guard.
I believe this year's team would of been much better with Cadougan.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1259 on: April 12, 2020, 05:45:57 PM »
Wojo’s worst season is worse than Roy’s worst. Wojo’s average season is way worse than Roy’s average one. Wojo’s best season is way, way worse than Roy’s best.

Same with Jay Wright, Coach K and the other successful coaches the projos think are remotely comparable to Wojo. They’re not. It’s embarrassing that people keep comparing them. Please stop.

I specifically said any Marquette coach, not Wojo, but your point is well-taken. But really, all's I was doing was having a little fun while I (like everybody else) goes stir-crazy.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #1260 on: April 12, 2020, 05:46:40 PM »
Recruits/players - as well as coaches - say things all the time but then later change their minds. I wouldn't give public statements like that too much value
I forget who said what, but I also thought Burton said he liked to play defense. That would fit with picking Texas Tech.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #1261 on: April 12, 2020, 05:48:33 PM »
Wojo is now following Justin Turner....

I know this really doesn't mean THAT much, but it is better info than just about anything said in the last 5 pages of this thread, so for that - thank you for monitoring this.

Let's hope we land one or two of the boys tomorrow so I can stop wading through the absolute GARBAGE that is the majority of this thread.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #1262 on: April 12, 2020, 05:48:54 PM »
Same way you would “add a friend” on Facebook. In a way, to be old school, you’re subscribing to their mailing list, in that now you see all their posts in your feed and if they post “stories” which disappear after 24 hours, it shows up to followers as well.

There aren’t any norms, but it usually conveys a level of interest and investment. Far more interesting are when players follow supporting staff, assistant coaches, or other players

Grazie Jwags

Would seem strange then for Wojo to start following a recruit right before said recruit makes his decision, unless coach knows something.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1263 on: April 12, 2020, 05:50:14 PM »

Given, MU's record in his three years of starting he was a pretty good point guard.
I believe this year's team would of been much better with Cadougan.

I liked Junior, especially his senior season. Lots and lots and lots of Scoopers, however, have said less-than-nice things about his ability over the years.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1264 on: April 12, 2020, 05:51:32 PM »
Muguru

I’m unfamiliar with how this Instagram “following” stuff actually works so be patient.  :-\

Thanks in advance.

Yes, Wojo just started following him a little while ago..That can only be good IMO. he has had all this time to follow him and hasn't until just a couple hours ago. I know Wojo has unfollowed recruits they have been in on before after they choose someplace else...the timing of this one is interesting. Turner has also been following several MU people for awhile now

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1265 on: April 12, 2020, 05:54:36 PM »
Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
·
9m
LMU has landed Temple grad transfer Quentin Jackson, source told @Stadium

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #1266 on: April 12, 2020, 06:15:12 PM »
Gang, Coach Wojo has to do something.

He’s got a set of three really wonderful recruits in Oso, Garcia and Fields Lewis, but so much uncertainty at the guard spot that we don’t know whether someone can step up. If we get any of the Top 3, we’ve got a shot at a pretty good team next year. Without a top transfer, we’ve got a problem.

If we get a transfer and Karim Mane, WOW.

What we offer is playing time — lots of it — and the chance to be surrounded by some very good recruits. Yeah, other schools offer some variant of this, but I suspect none have quite the combination we do, especially if Fields is as good as promised. The biggest weakness we have is Wojo Coaching up and getting our talent to the next level.

I’m down but not out on Koby. He was injured and he was trying to find his place in a Markus-centric offense. I’m a little more optimistic only because the offense going into next year has to be more distributive and multi-faceted. The good news is that our opponents can’t double or triple any one player.

Ultimately, my hope is a transfer is a bridge between now and Dexter Akanno stepping up. And that Dexter and Karim are 2021-2022’s starting guards.

Lost me at Fields.

FIFY

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1267 on: April 12, 2020, 06:49:22 PM »
Diener not a true point??!!!  Now that is stupid!!!
Diener could play a 1 or 2, and did. Drafted in the 2nd rd, played more 1 than 2, but played off-ball. Don’t bring your weak s&@t in the lane.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1268 on: April 12, 2020, 06:52:55 PM »

wake-up wadesw. A true 1 that can create, set/up, dish is what MU needs. Have you watched a MU game in the recent past? Imagine how good Markus could have been with a set-up man.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #1269 on: April 12, 2020, 06:53:25 PM »
Muguru

I agree. He gives great info around the country.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #1270 on: April 12, 2020, 06:57:06 PM »
It’s Justin Lewis. Not Fields. He is the Ohio State quarterback.

You mean he wasn’t talking about Ronnie Fields?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1271 on: April 12, 2020, 07:03:28 PM »
Diener could play a 1 or 2, and did. Drafted in the 2nd rd, played more 1 than 2, but played off-ball. Don’t bring your weak s&@t in the lane.

Diener was flat out a PG at MU. So was Hutch.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1272 on: April 12, 2020, 07:12:09 PM »
I agree. He gives great info around the country.

Thanks man...I just try to keep people informed. Maybe I over do it once in awhile, but if I think it's relevant, I post it.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #1273 on: April 12, 2020, 07:12:54 PM »
Diener was flat out a PG at MU. So was Hutch.
Yep, though he did play a lot off the ball as a frosh behind Cordell Henry.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #1274 on: April 12, 2020, 07:17:07 PM »
Thanks man...I just try to keep people informed. Maybe I over do it once in awhile, but if I think it's relevant, I post it.

Many of us look forward to your posts.  Keep em coming. 

And honestly, your social media stealth insights appear to be the most relevant morsel of “inside” info that suggests the recruit’s possible landing place.

We will see tomorrow if your forensic analysis proved right!