[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 474842 times)

Markusquette

• All American
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #1225 on: April 12, 2020, 02:33:21 PM »
May be telling how MU is feeling about tomorrow...still reaching out to guys...

Jake
@jakeweingarten
·
5m
Southern Miss. transfer Gabe Watson has heard from Maryland, Marquette, Georgetown, Colorado State, Tulane, Tulsa, Mississippi State, San Diego, amongst others, he told @Stockrisers

Has two years of eligibility remaining. Averaged 13 points per game on 40% shooting.

MU could have reached out some time ago. Hopefully it's just a sign of them doing their due diligence in the transfer market as opposed to report within the last couple of days.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1226 on: April 12, 2020, 02:36:55 PM »
MU could have reached out some time ago. Hopefully it's just a sign of them doing their due diligence in the transfer market as opposed to report within the last couple of days.

Idk, he just entered the portal two days ago

He's a terrible shooter...42% overall last year and under 30% from 3 both years at S. Miss
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 02:39:20 PM by muguru »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1227 on: April 12, 2020, 02:47:06 PM »
Land Carton. That’s it, land Carton. With Garcia, O, Lewis AND Carton, that’s a heck of an incoming haul. Land Carton. That’s it.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1228 on: April 12, 2020, 02:47:18 PM »
Realistically, one of Turner, Burton or Carton would be a good get. Reading tea leaves, not expecting good news tomorrow on Turner and Burton, but still hopeful.

Still don’t understand the lack of interest in even a role playing big for one of the 3 openings.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1229 on: April 12, 2020, 02:48:17 PM »
double posted for some reason.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #1230 on: April 12, 2020, 02:49:55 PM »

He's a terrible shooter...42% overall last year and under 30% from 3 both years at S. Miss

Gotcha. Maybe not a very good sign indeed. Looks like we may have to bank on DJ or Dejulius.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1231 on: April 12, 2020, 02:59:20 PM »
Realistically, one of Turner, Burton or Carton would be a good get. Reading tea leaves, not expecting good news tomorrow on Turner and Burton, but still hopeful.

Still don’t understand the lack of interest in even a role playing big for one of the 3 openings.

Me personally, I'd rather they not waste a scholarship on someone like this. I understand it's a need, but I'd rather use all 3 scholarships on the most talent you can possibly get , regardless of position. Maybe they feel the same way.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1232 on: April 12, 2020, 03:06:16 PM »

I think it means they are confident in Garcia & Lewis being able to back up Theo.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1233 on: April 12, 2020, 03:11:36 PM »

There will be more transfer announcements to come, so who knows what the next couple weeks might hold.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1234 on: April 12, 2020, 03:34:49 PM »
Me personally, I'd rather they not waste a scholarship on someone like this. I understand it's a need, but I'd rather use all 3 scholarships on the most talent you can possibly get , regardless of position. Maybe they feel the same way.

Yah, we know. You want MU to recruit like we’re Duke, Kentucky, Arizona, and Kansas. Except MU is none of those things.

monkeyman34

• Starter
« Reply #1235 on: April 12, 2020, 03:50:34 PM »

Probably due to the lack of an NCAA win the past 7 seasons. Just a guess.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1236 on: April 12, 2020, 03:51:19 PM »
Yah, we know. You want MU to recruit like we’re Duke, Kentucky, Arizona, and Kansas. Except MU is none of those things.

Okay so..are they going up against blue bloods for the transfers they are currently in on?? Is that asking them to recruit like those schools?? Look at Turner's list...look at Burton's list..look at all the info, quotes by the kids, location to home, etc, and tell me why it's unrealistic to think MU couldn't(and maybe even shouldn't) win a recruiting battle for Turner against Missouri and Iowa St, and a recruiting battle against SH, Xavier and Texas Tech for Burton, when the kid himself stated he wants to play fast and that is VERY important to him. Even without that, those schools aren't impossible to recruit against, certainly not blue bloods right??

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1237 on: April 12, 2020, 04:03:02 PM »
Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
·
12s
UNLV grad transfer Amauri Hardy has committed to Oregon, per his Twitter page.

Immediately eligible.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #1238 on: April 12, 2020, 04:03:42 PM »

Those numbers are better than (overall) and equal (deep) to POY Myles Powell of Seton Hall.   

MU_Beav

• Starter
« Reply #1239 on: April 12, 2020, 04:07:11 PM »
Those numbers are better than (overall) and equal (deep) to POY Myles Powell of Seton Hall.

But the 'intangibles'

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1240 on: April 12, 2020, 04:28:08 PM »
Coach goes 14-19, finishes in last place in his conference, comes right out and says he should be fired. Then, after season, he loses out on good transfer even though it was transfer's "dream school" and even though it was transfer's dad's alma mater.

Name that horrible coach.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #1241 on: April 12, 2020, 04:31:36 PM »
Coach goes 14-19, finishes in last place in his conference, comes right out and says he should be fired. Then, after season, he loses out on good transfer even though it was transfer's "dream school" and even though it was transfer's dad's alma mater.

I know this one; it was Whofa Kincares. Nailed it.
No Finish Line

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1242 on: April 12, 2020, 04:33:33 PM »

;D

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1243 on: April 12, 2020, 04:36:04 PM »

Roy Williams. Now what’s your point

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1244 on: April 12, 2020, 04:37:39 PM »
Who by the way, can talk big and bold about school firing him because he knows pigs will fly before that happens.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1245 on: April 12, 2020, 04:49:37 PM »
Wojo is now following Justin Turner....

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1246 on: April 12, 2020, 04:53:00 PM »
gotta have a pt. guard. Straw that stirs the margarita. When was that last pure pt. guard at MU...Tony Miller? With a DJ Carton, MU will roll.   

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1247 on: April 12, 2020, 04:55:08 PM »
  When was that last pure pt. guard at MU...Tony Miller? With a DJ Carton, MU will roll.

You’re kidding with that question I hope.

Carton would be a pretty big coup to land.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1248 on: April 12, 2020, 04:56:15 PM »
...but MU could be. Dump the loser attitude. MU can be Elite again. Go get it!!!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1249 on: April 12, 2020, 05:02:21 PM »

Roy Williams. Now what’s your point

What? We're changing rules on Scoop now? We need to have "a point" when we post something?

Actually, it was that even Hall of Fame coaches at bluebloods sometimes "lose" recruits/transfers despite it seeming as if their schools should be absolute no-brainers. And I was just imagining Scoop's response if our coach (doesn't have to be Wojo; any MU hoops coach) would lose out on a kid whose dad went to Marquette and who called Marquette his "dream school." Especially after a 14-19, last-place season.

But I did like NickelDimer's response.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback