'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by MUDPT
[Today at 10:05:13 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[Today at 09:36:37 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 08:28:28 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Nukem2
[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 475067 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #1100 on: April 11, 2020, 10:25:42 AM »
Still better than Wojo with Markus Howard on his roster.  Doh.

Dwayne Wade is a far, far better player than Markus Howard.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1101 on: April 11, 2020, 10:30:47 AM »
Can you old timers take this BS somewhere else? This thread is about transfers. Please.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1102 on: April 11, 2020, 10:31:51 AM »
Still better than Wojo with Markus Howard on his roster.  Doh.

Because Markus is as good as one of the top 50 players of all time?    Wow.   Kudos to Wojo for recognizing that and landing him early.   Without Wade on the roster, Crean went to 3 NCAA tournaments in 7 years.     Wojo has gone 3 of the last 4.     We can do this crap all day.    And I don't consider calling Wojo 'Crean without Wade' a compliment to Wojo.      I have spelled out my concerns about Wojo many times.    But he isn't going anywhere for a while.   

So, about recruiting.....
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1103 on: April 11, 2020, 10:40:30 AM »
Brian Snow
@BSnow247
·
5m
Interesting transfer related nugget from talking to college coaches. Guys NOT having to sit out, is actually making them less attractive to options to a large number of coaches. A lot like the notion of being able to balance their roster with a sit out year/year of development
]

Good! More for us!

As you said, big week ahead. Happy with one, delighted with two. Need to git er done!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #1104 on: April 11, 2020, 10:45:13 AM »
Since everyone is "announcing" next week, does that mean that they've already made their decision and told the coaches.  It would seem relevant since a lot of the same programs are finalists for multiple players.  For example, if DeJulius picks Iowa State, does Wojo already know that, and is now using that to pitch Carton even harder?  With this much overlap between finalists, and most decisions coming around the same time, it would seem that something similar to this is in play.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1105 on: April 11, 2020, 10:51:14 AM »
Because Markus is as good as one of the top 50 players of all time?    Wow.   Kudos to Wojo for recognizing that and landing him early.   Without Wade on the roster, Crean went to 3 NCAA tournaments in 7 years.     Wojo has gone 3 of the last 4.     We can do this crap all day.    And I don't consider calling Wojo 'Crean without Wade' a compliment to Wojo.      I have spelled out my concerns about Wojo many times.    But he isn't going anywhere for a while.   

So, about recruiting.....
Yep, Crean without Wade, Pearl Jam without Vedder, Jordan without Pippen, Wright without Jalen Brunson, The Beatles without McCartney, etc.

Sign me 100% with Wojo with ???? that will win at a high level. 

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1106 on: April 11, 2020, 11:43:19 AM »
Since everyone is "announcing" next week, does that mean that they've already made their decision and told the coaches.  It would seem relevant since a lot of the same programs are finalists for multiple players.  For example, if DeJulius picks Iowa State, does Wojo already know that, and is now using that to pitch Carton even harder?  With this much overlap between finalists, and most decisions coming around the same time, it would seem that something similar to this is in play.

I've thought of this very scenario...it is definitely no coincidence(in my mind), that Turner, Burton and Now DeJulius are all announcing around the same time. Burton I guess is an outlier as far as schools he has in his final 4, but still has an impact on MU. To me, Turner is the big prize, simply because A. he's the best player available B. The impact he will/would have on next year's team. After that, it's Burton(even over Carton), that kid is a flat out stud. He just never got to showcase it enough at Wichita. I have been singing his praises since MU made his Final four. He was often the best player on the floor for Wichita most nights. The impact he has on games, even beyond his box score numbers is clearly evident, which is proven out by the numbers Paint touches posted on him a few days ago. I want Turner to announce first so there is ERO reason for him to even be remotely, possibly scared off by Burton(if he's eligible next year). I can live without DeJulius, but I still say, if they get Turner and Burton, it would be a fantastic job by Wojo this off season, and if they get those two PLUS Carton, they need to build him a statue.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1107 on: April 11, 2020, 12:15:50 PM »
Can you old timers take this BS somewhere else? This thread is about transfers. Please.

Rehashing the same talking points and arguments for the 1000th time isn't necessary?

onepost

• All American
« Reply #1108 on: April 11, 2020, 12:59:38 PM »

^^^^^^^ every goddamn thread

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1109 on: April 11, 2020, 01:04:28 PM »
 Crean sucks.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1110 on: April 11, 2020, 01:30:15 PM »
Per Jon Rothstein, Justin Turner will make his decision on Monday as well.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #1111 on: April 11, 2020, 02:48:09 PM »
Per Jon Rothstein, Justin Turner will make his decision on Monday as well.
Damn, big day for MU.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1112 on: April 11, 2020, 03:02:14 PM »

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #1113 on: April 11, 2020, 03:04:38 PM »
If you guys had to guess...who do you think ends up at MU, if any?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 03:28:45 PM by Markusquette »

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1114 on: April 11, 2020, 03:25:47 PM »
If you guys had to guess who do you think ends up at MU, if any?

My gut says Turner is more likely than Burton, but that may only be because I want Turner badly(Burton too though). Ah screw it, why not just get both??  :D
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1115 on: April 11, 2020, 03:35:41 PM »
If you guys had to guess...who do you think ends up at MU, if any?

1a. Dejulius
1b. Burton
2. Carton
3. Turner

The dream is to get all 3 but that's a tall order. If I had to guess,  Dejulius to MU, Burton to Texas Tech,  Carton to MU, Turner to Mizzou
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #1116 on: April 11, 2020, 03:47:46 PM »
1a. Dejulius
1b. Burton
2. Carton
3. Turner

The dream is to get all 3 but that's a tall order. If I had to guess,  Dejulius to MU, Burton to Texas Tech,  Carton to MU, Turner to Mizzou

Jonah Antonio needs a hug

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #1117 on: April 11, 2020, 03:52:31 PM »

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #1118 on: April 11, 2020, 04:10:05 PM »
1a. Dejulius
1b. Burton
2. Carton
3. Turner

If we get one of two of the above four, where does that put Mane?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1119 on: April 11, 2020, 04:11:38 PM »
East Lansing, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1120 on: April 11, 2020, 04:15:23 PM »
East Lansing, hey?

Where does Joey transfer to after he writes his letter to Tommy about shot distribution with Karim, aina? Does big bro sign the letter from Charlottesville?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #1121 on: April 11, 2020, 04:19:01 PM »
East Lansing, hey?

Not buying it. If anything, the guy I think is most vulnerable to everything happening is Koby McEwen.

I’m still optimistic about Karim and I’m sure if he see we get one of these folks, he’ll see the strength of our line-up and think twice about going to green hell!

As Coach McGuire once said: “Son, we’re going to win with you or without you. You decide!”

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1122 on: April 11, 2020, 04:20:38 PM »
Not buying it. If anything, the guy I think is most vulnerable to everything happening is Koby McEwen.

I’m still optimistic about Karim and I’m sure if he see we get one of these folks, he’ll see the strength of our line-up and think twice about going to green hell!

As Coach McGuire once said: “Son, we’re going to win with you or without you. You decide!”

Pretty sure Izzo can say that more than Wojo.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #1123 on: April 11, 2020, 04:22:15 PM »
pass
You have just been added to the naughty list

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #1124 on: April 11, 2020, 04:42:08 PM »

Pretty sure Izzo can say that more than Wojo.

Fluff, ole buddy, don’t sell our Warriors short.

If One of the top 4 join us (or even two), we’ll have a line-up with legitimate pro prospects in Mane, Burton, Garcia and maybe Oso. With our bench, we may have the deepest team we’ve had in years. That’s a great way to play college ball.

Big question will be whether Wojo can “coach ‘em up.”  If he proves he can, then “wow!”

feedback