'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by MUDPT
[May 04, 2024, 10:05:13 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[May 04, 2024, 09:36:37 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Nukem2
[May 04, 2024, 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 475187 times)

panda

• All American
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2020, 02:56:05 PM »
Next season, year 7, “should be a very important evaluation tool.”

You’re kidding right, sarcasm, huh?

10 years to judge!

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2020, 02:57:39 PM »
10 years to judge!

Really, beyond absurd.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2020, 02:58:50 PM »
Alex OConnell from Duke is transferring

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2020, 03:01:26 PM »
But this is the exact scenario of last year.  How is he supposed to recruit, etc?  If this is as bad as you are portraying, we should fire him now.

His extension was for 2 years.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2020, 03:22:48 PM »
You would have fired a coach who won 20 games in his second season, had just successfully recruited and coached a 5-star who went on to be drafted in the first round, and had a top-25 class coming in that included Markus Howard and Sam Hauser? Really? Impressive.

Yes. I’d seen plenty to know he didn’t have it. We missed the NiT that year. 20 wins?  Big deal.

Would have put feelers out behind the scenes to see if any proven coaches had interest. If not, would have promoted Stan at that time and we keep Markus.

End of the day, what has keeping Wojo accomplished?  No NCAA wins. But there was that NIT quarterfinal appearance.

Now heading into Year 7, we are poised to take another step back. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2020, 03:24:22 PM »
Yes. I’d seen plenty to know he didn’t have it. We missed the NiT that year. 20 wins?  Big deal.

Would have put feelers out behind the scenes to see if any proven coaches had interest. If not, would have promoted Stan at that time and we keep Markus.

End of the day, what has keeping Wojo accomplished?  No NCAA wins. But there was that NIT quarterfinal appearance.

Now heading into Year 7, we are poised to take another step back.

Lol. Fire your head coach 2 years in. Hire his assistant of 1 year.

:o
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2020, 03:28:56 PM »
Lol. Fire your head coach 2 years in. Hire his assistant of 1 year.

:o

When you know you know Wades. Just like I knew Buzz was the goods 10 games in.

Slow to hire. Fast to fire. Best to be prudent before extending an offer, but once you realize a hire doesn’t have it - best to move on immediately.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2020, 04:05:05 PM »

Do you have proof that is what you advocated during and/or after the 2015-16 season? If so, I'm really impressed. If you don't have proof, please stop making claims today about what you would have done 4 years ago.

Next season, year 7, “should be a very important evaluation tool.”

You’re kidding right, sarcasm, huh? 

I am speaking from the prism of having just come off of Year 6.

Year 7 is the next season. And no, I would not extend his contract until seeing what he accomplishes in Year 7.

I think you don't understand how I feel about Wojo, even though I have stated it clearly.

He has made the NCAAs in 3 of the last 4 years, but he followed a year that ended in collapse with another year that ended in collapse. The second year clearly was regression from the one before. Those obviously are bad signs. Further regression should lead to his dismissal.

You might believe he should be dismissed now. Him getting fired today would not break my heart, I assure you. But I am realistic enough to know that it simply is not going to happen.

So I look ahead to next season -- after which, I believe the administration will have to decide to either extend his contract or fire him.

But this is the exact scenario of last year.

It's not.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2020, 04:07:16 PM »
Out of curiosity, what did the pro-Stan crowd see in him outside of recruiting?  Was he not on the bench right next to Wojo when all these bad decisions were being made? Wasn't he in the locker room 12 months ago when things erupted?  Was he not at practice when no one was being coached up and no game plan was being installed?

I am not sure why we would want to hire the top assistant of the worst coach in college basketball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2020, 04:08:10 PM »
Out of curiosity, what did the pro-Stan crowd see in him outside of recruiting?  Was he not on the bench right next to Wojo when all these bad decisions were being made? Wasn't he in the locker room 12 months ago when things erupted?  Was he not at practice when no one was being coached up and no game plan was being installed?

I am not sure why we would want to hire the top assistant of the worst coach in college basketball history.

FIFY
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #135 on: March 21, 2020, 04:42:46 PM »
Giving an extension isn’t a problem as long as the buy out is low.  But I don’t think Wojo’s is.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #136 on: March 21, 2020, 04:58:03 PM »
Giving an extension isn’t a problem as long as the buy out is low.  But I don’t think Wojo’s is.

That's exactly why you give an extension.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2020, 05:16:07 PM »
Do you have proof that is what you advocated during and/or after the 2015-16 season? If so, I'm really impressed. If you don't have proof, please stop making claims today about what you would have done 4 years ago.

82 - I’ve been banned from Scoop 5 times, 4 of which centered around being critical of Wojo and not relenting from that criticism despite the perpetual support you, Wades, TAMU, Tower, Sultan, Brew offered up in those early years.

Rocky has the ban hammer and he’s also been a strong supporter/advocate for Wojo.

You know I wanted him gone early. It was myself and Herman Cain that beat that drum loudest and we got banned and shouted down for sounding the alarm.  Is what it is.

That all being said, Wojo exceeded my expectations this past season. The implosion down the stretch ultimately eroded the little optimism I gained. I’ve tried to resign myself to being content with bubble team status for the sake of some harmony here.  Yet hard to do so when we’ve been been passed by Providence, Seton Hall, Creighton and all the other new admits to the revised Big East - Butler and X.

NickelDimer

• All American
No Finish Line

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #139 on: March 21, 2020, 06:03:21 PM »
82 - I’ve been banned from Scoop 5 times, 4 of which centered around being critical of Wojo and not relenting from that criticism despite the perpetual support you, Wades, TAMU, Tower, Sultan, Brew offered up in those early years.

Rocky has the ban hammer and he’s also been a strong supporter/advocate for Wojo.

You know I wanted him gone early. It was myself and Herman Cain that beat that drum loudest and we got banned and shouted down for sounding the alarm.  Is what it is.

That all being said, Wojo exceeded my expectations this past season. The implosion down the stretch ultimately eroded the little optimism I gained. I’ve tried to resign myself to being content with bubble team status for the sake of some harmony here.  Yet hard to do so when we’ve been been passed by Providence, Seton Hall, Creighton and all the other new admits to the revised Big East - Butler and X.

Says it all.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #140 on: March 21, 2020, 06:20:41 PM »

Lay off..... Wojo is a nice guy.  Nice Guys finish first at MU these days.  It's about attitude, image, and whatever Kenpom stats you can find to support the failed narrative.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #141 on: March 21, 2020, 06:25:38 PM »
Lay off..... Wojo is a nice guy.  Nice Guys finish first at MU these days.  It's about attitude, image, and whatever Kenpom stats you can find to support the failed narrative.

You forgot...his kids graduate and represent the University well. #winsnomatta
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #142 on: March 21, 2020, 06:41:29 PM »
Wow
That kid is good!!  Did notice he got lost in shuffle at times tho
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #143 on: March 21, 2020, 06:42:35 PM »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #144 on: March 21, 2020, 06:46:42 PM »
Is this idiot chicos?

No, he's the guy that holds the video camera when Wojo pays a late night visit. 

WarhawkWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2020, 07:13:18 PM »
If I am forced to read one more anti-Wojo post on a Trasfer portal thread I’m gone from Scoop. 

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2020, 07:35:48 PM »
Says it all.

That having intuition and accurate foresight is a bad thing? 

That aside, sorry you bet on the wrong horse in Wojo, Wades. If I was trying to handicap volleyball coaches, no doubt I’d be clueless - much like you are in basketball.

The difference between you and me?  I don’t assert supreme knowledge in a sport that I really don’t know much about.  In fact I don’t even try, which is why you don’t find me posting in the Superbar about NFL, Baseball, Hockey, etc.

Yet, I’ve browsed some of those threads and there you are - getting in arguments consistently.

In reality you really should be the poster getting banned.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2020, 07:38:30 PM »

Perhaps K does Wojo a solid and puts in strong recommendation. We are gonna need all the help we can get next year.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2020, 07:49:54 PM »
That having intuition and accurate foresight is a bad thing? 

That aside, sorry you bet on the wrong horse in Wojo, Wades. If I was trying to handicap volleyball coaches, no doubt I’d be clueless - much like you are in basketball.

The difference between you and me?  I don’t assert supreme knowledge in a sport that I really don’t know much about.  In fact I don’t even try, which is why you don’t find me posting in the Superbar about NFL, Baseball, Hockey, etc.

Yet, I’ve browsed some of those threads and there you are - getting in arguments consistently.

In reality you really should be the poster getting banned.

And if I got banned I would not have come back 5 different times lol. Like I said, says it all.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2020, 07:58:01 PM »

False. You’ve been banned because you’re an unrelenting a$$hole who doesn’t know when to stfu.

Talk about lack of self-awareness.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback