[Today at 05:15:30 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wet Markets  (Read 18156 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Wet Markets
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2021, 08:33:40 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1399910584393469956

These Fauci emails are something.  No wonder the initial federal response was a disaster with this guy as our chief medical ExPeRt.

All these emails are exactly what he said in press conferences...I don't understand the outrage?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2021, 08:36:48 AM »
All these emails are exactly what he said in press conferences...I don't understand the outrage?

Well, he said we didn’t need masks at one point. So that should be set in stone and never change, despite the fact that we were very early in the pandemic and still learning about it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2021, 08:43:19 AM »
Fauci learned and adjusted as more information became available.  The people showing faux outrage still deny the pandemic was anything but a tactic to get 45 out of office.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2021, 09:04:52 AM »
Well, he said we didn’t need masks at one point. So that should be set in stone and never change, despite the fact that we were very early in the pandemic and still learning about it.

And don't forget also that he also shouldn't err on the side of safety and being conservative, because then his recommendations aren't useful.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2021, 09:23:03 AM »
I'll never understand the distain for a civil servant (especially a Jesuit educated one) who has given his life to helping public health.  He freely admits mistakes, insists on learning and has served with distinction under 7 US Presidents.   
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2021, 09:34:55 AM »
What about the email that shows with pretty good evidence that C19 was created in a lab, from March 2020?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2021, 09:43:03 AM »
What about the email that shows with pretty good evidence that C19 was created in a lab, from March 2020?

And if it was?  How would that have the altered the abatement efforts from April of 2020 to now? 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2021, 10:00:05 AM »
That scientist that sent that email has commented on it publicly on what his conclusion was after studying the data that was available.  It actually doesn't show any evidence in the email, it shows a hypothesis. 

By the way outside of wanting to know the source to help prevent future outbreaks, I could care less about how this happened at this point.  So i dont really have an axe to grind one way or another.  I just think it is another example of frothy goodness latching onto things that dont prove anything or repeat things that were already said in a more public fashion.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2021, 10:04:05 AM »

What email? The guy claiming the procedure for producing it?

Yeah, that dude isn't credible, and if it was created the way he claims it would be absurdly clear to scientists around the world.

They same guy claims he cured COVID, but is being blocked by mainstream science.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2021, 10:04:25 AM »
I like to know how fires I fight started.   Sometimes, the answer is 'undetermined'.   I think it would be good to know the origin of this.  Learning is always good.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2021, 10:16:15 AM »
I like to know how fires I fight started.   Sometimes, the answer is 'undetermined'.   I think it would be good to know the origin of this.  Learning is always good.

I 100% agree with you and I think it should be fully investigated.  There are some though that act as is if finding that out changes our current situation.  And by current I mean the past 15 months.  Regardless of where it started, whose fault it was, it was still here and we need / needed to deal with it.  When you're in the crisis you can't look for blame, you have to look for solutions.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2021, 10:41:06 AM »
Exactly.  I would hope there would be a clear and transparent review of everything.   The origin.    The response.   The decision making process.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2021, 10:46:09 AM »

You mean the email from the COVID Truther with the COVID formula? The same guy that is being hunted because he knows how to cure COVID?

Or how about this one?

Should the United States have dropped everything to follow up on this clearly sane email? That thing reads like a rocket dentist post.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2021, 11:54:44 AM »
What email? The guy claiming the procedure for producing it?

Yeah, that dude isn't credible, and if it was created the way he claims it would be absurdly clear to scientists around the world.

They same guy claims he cured COVID, but is being blocked by mainstream science.
Don't worry pace, you can bring this up again in six weeks and pretend once again its all new.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2021, 12:01:10 PM »

early on he said no to the public wearing masks as there was a shortage and medical personnel needed them.

"As Fauci told the Washington Post  here , at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, masks were not recommended for the general public, as authorities were trying to prevent a mask shortage for health workers and the extent of asymptomatic spread was unknown."

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-fauci-outdated-video-masks/fact-checkoutdated-video-of-fauci-saying-theres-no-reason-to-be-walking-around-with-a-mask-idUSKBN26T2TR

That said, I don't understand the worship of him. People buying t-shirts with his likeness or statues of the man and displaying them in their home is just weird.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2021, 12:02:23 PM »
I 100% agree with you and I think it should be fully investigated.  There are some though that act as is if finding that out changes our current situation.  And by current I mean the past 15 months.  Regardless of where it started, whose fault it was, it was still here and we need / needed to deal with it.  When you're in the crisis you can't look for blame, you have to look for solutions.
Absolutely. I mean, of course the origins should be investigated; I don't think anyone outside of the Chinese would disagree.

But whether it jumped from animal to human or was released from a lab, nothing would have been different. Trump was laying the blame at the doorstep of the Chinese from the beginning, so what would have been different?

The recordings from Woodward show that Trump knew exactly how deadly the virus was but he decided to downplay because he thought that would help his election chances and thereby caused many more American deaths than there would have been otherwise. Certainty about the origin wouldn't have changed these facts one iota.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2021, 12:21:43 PM »
That said, I don't understand the worship of him. People buying t-shirts with his likeness or statues of the man and displaying them in their home is just weird.

I don't worship him at all, but even with the early f-up he actively worked to share the facts as we understood them to Congress and the people directly.  I'd note that Jerome Adams also shared the same mask advice.  We don't hear about him weekly.  Robert Redfield was absent - surveillance and testing is actually the purview of the CDC.  Deb Birx enabled many mixed messages months later when we had better information and that were far more dangerous.  Again no weekly snipes.

Frankly the best part of this pandemic response from the US was economic and the vaccine...developed by the NIH - which is overseen by Fauci & Collins (his boss).  The best part about warp speed was the accelerated trials and clearance.  Also NIH.  So....that's weird.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2021, 12:59:40 PM »
Robert Redfield was absent - surveillance and testing is actually the purview of the CDC

One of the most important things said here.

The CDC has no legal authority to run a pandemic response. I would bet that a very small numbers of Americans know that. Nor do they realize that we have NO national healthcare system.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2021, 02:55:14 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1399910584393469956

These Fauci emails are something.  No wonder the initial federal response was a disaster with this guy as our chief medical ExPeRt.

Dude, Zerohedge is... uh... let's just say I'd independently verify anything they said.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2021, 03:30:01 PM »
Deb Birx enabled many mixed messages months later when we had better information and that were far more dangerous.

Yep. For months and months and months, she provided cover to Trump's worst instincts and policy initiatives. When she finally got a conscience and finally spoke the truth, Trump called her "pathetic" and threw her out with the trash. There will be no truth here!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2021, 05:17:01 PM »
Yep. For months and months and months, she provided cover to Trump's worst instincts and policy initiatives. When she finally got a conscience and finally spoke the truth, Trump called her "pathetic" and threw her out with the trash. There will be no truth here!

Wow. When I called her out in real time last summer saying she was a poser, I was attacked big time.

People here must like you better, Mike.  :)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2021, 07:58:39 PM »

wet finger in the air-then when she heard all pro-45'ers will never work again, will be cancelled etc she did a big mia culpa, apologized, bent over, whatever it took to try to try to distance herself...following the science of course
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2021, 09:16:39 PM »
wet finger in the air-then when she heard all pro-45'ers will never work again, will be cancelled etc she did a big mia culpa, apologized, bent over, whatever it took to try to try to distance herself...following the science of course

Yeah, she should have stuck with your hero’s science: demon seed, hydroxy, disinfectant, and covfefe. If she had, like a miracle,  it would have gone away!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2021, 06:48:55 AM »
And if it was?  How would that have the altered the abatement efforts from April of 2020 to now?

Zero.  People just want to play the blame game for some reason.  As if this revelation would somehow change the last year and a half.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2021, 11:16:51 AM »
Long form article from Vanity Fair that explains history of china's research into coronavirus, bats, etc. 

Despite the non-sequiturs about Trump and the right, it is a well written article.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/06/the-lab-leak-theory-inside-the-fight-to-uncover-covid-19s-origins

feedback