collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Top 10 US Beaches  (Read 5517 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Top 10 US Beaches
« on: May 24, 2018, 09:17:05 PM »
Best US beaches for 2018
1. Kapalua Bay Beach, Maui, Hawaii
2. Ocracoke Lifeguarded Beach, Outer Banks, North Carolina
3. Grayton Beach State Park, Florida Panhandle
4. Coopers Beach, Southampton, New York
5. Coast Guard Beach, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
6. Lighthouse Beach, Buxton, Outer Banks, North Carolina
7. Caladesi Island State Park, Dunedin/Clearwater, Florida
8. Hapuna Beach State Park, Big Island, Hawaii
9. Coronado Beach, San Diego, California
10. Beachwalker Park, Kiawah Island, South Carolina

I have hit 6 of 10. Great list, not your typical list so I like the criteria he went through.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnn.com/travel/amp/top-beaches-united-states-2018/index.html

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Top 10 US Beaches
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 09:17:47 PM »
Witch are da topless beaches, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 09:20:15 PM »

Little Beach on Maui is not technically a nudist beach - because those are illegal - but, well, it is.

It's quite a spectacle.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 09:21:36 PM »
I’m not sure what beach I went to in Cape Cod. Was only there for one day while out in Boston. If it was Coast Guard Beach then that’s the only one on the list I’ve been to.

My favorite beach that I’ve been to is Cannon Beach on the Oregon Coast, but I don’t think it’s the type of beach that would be on this list. For much of the year I assume it’s not much about swimming and beach activities, but it is beautiful.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 09:22:39 PM »

Ask your buddy Dick Bacon

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 09:34:59 PM »
I have been to 1, 2, 6, 8-10.  Not sure if Coronado would have made my Top 10.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 09:47:55 PM »
I’m not sure what beach I went to in Cape Cod. Was only there for one day while out in Boston. If it was Coast Guard Beach then that’s the only one on the list I’ve been to.

My favorite beach that I’ve been to is Cannon Beach on the Oregon Coast, but I don’t think it’s the type of beach that would be on this list. For much of the year I assume it’s not much about swimming and beach activities, but it is beautiful.
Coast Guard beach is awesome but it's pretty far from Boston - past the elbow - if you hit it for one day (depending on the time of year) that was some solid car time.  Well worth the trip - in the 20yrs i've lived in KC i've been to that beach more than i've been to Phog Allen Field House but i'm a Cape enthusiast. 

Beachwalker on Kiawah is also really cool, but i don't think it's the best beach on Kiawah.  if you go to the end of the island, past the Ocean Course (yes, that one), the beach is amazing. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 09:48:20 PM »
ZFB always has Sun Ray Hills in Burlington as #1.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 10:09:29 PM »
Ask your buddy Dick Bacon

Mr. Nude Dude's bin ded for years, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 10:28:29 PM »
wahddup, Beeeeaaaacccchhhheeeeesss?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

PVMagic

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 11:30:55 PM »
Bradford?

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2018, 12:29:44 AM »
Coast Guard beach is awesome but it's pretty far from Boston - past the elbow - if you hit it for one day (depending on the time of year) that was some solid car time.  Well worth the trip - in the 20yrs i've lived in KC i've been to that beach more than i've been to Phog Allen Field House but i'm a Cape enthusiast. 

Beachwalker on Kiawah is also really cool, but i don't think it's the best beach on Kiawah.  if you go to the end of the island, past the Ocean Course (yes, that one), the beach is amazing.

I was lucky enough to be in the Charleston area for a week in the mid'90s right when the Ocean Course changed ownership groups. I got to play the Ocean course, host of the Ryder Cup, along with the Gary Player course (Cougar Point?) and Nicklaus course (name also escaping me) for $75 bucks a night, including lodging a wedge shot from the Ocean course. Surreal track. Yes, the beach you speak of is unreal. There was also a cool boat launch village on Kiawah, something like "Bohicket Creek."
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2018, 12:46:36 AM »

Don't sleep on Siesta Key Beach in the Sarasota area. Not topless, per se, but latenight when the bars close, sand shenanigans known to interfere with nesting sea turtle habitat.

During the day, you will see Amish people (large colony in the area) uncomfortably fully clothed on the same beach. Maybe the same ones rumspringa-ing at night.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

reinko

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 04:47:13 AM »
Last time I checked Puerto Rico  is still part of the US, so any list without a beach from Vieques, or Culebra is flawed from the jump.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 05:26:07 AM »

Mr. Nude Dude's bin ded for years, hey?

Urine ol laidy sez da saym ding bout u, ainer?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 05:47:50 AM »
Last time I checked Puerto Rico  is still part of the US, so any list without a beach from Vieques, or Culebra is flawed from the jump.

Here are his rating criteria. States only and not territories, I read in one article, which is odd.

http://drbeach.org/online/dr-beachs-50-criteria/

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2018, 06:06:52 AM »

Agree.  Beachwalker, though, is the only public beach on the island. He rated only public coastal beaches, in which there are 650 in the States according to his website.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2018, 09:30:25 AM »
I was lucky enough to be in the Charleston area for a week in the mid'90s right when the Ocean Course changed ownership groups. I got to play the Ocean course, host of the Ryder Cup, along with the Gary Player course (Cougar Point?) and Nicklaus course (name also escaping me) for $75 bucks a night, including lodging a wedge shot from the Ocean course. Surreal track. Yes, the beach you speak of is unreal. There was also a cool boat launch village on Kiawah, something like "Bohicket Creek."
Osprey?
Agree.  Beachwalker, though, is the only public beach on the island. He rated only public coastal beaches, in which there are 650 in the States according to his website.
now that would make a ton of sense

WarriorDad

• All American
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2018, 10:49:46 AM »
That list also came out yesterday

http://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/best-nude-beaches-world/index.html?iid=ob_lockedrail_topeditorial

The first rule of topless/nude beaches:

The overwhelming majority of  people who take advantage of it are the ones you don't want to see naked.
Have some patience, FFS.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2018, 10:52:49 AM »

The overwhelming majority of  people who take advantage of it are the ones you don't want to see naked.

Yup.  They also are often at the stage of life where they don't give a damn and what they flaunt, to your point, is best unseen.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2018, 11:08:14 AM »

Lucky enough to live near enough for an easy day trip to cannon beach. You are right there's not a whole lot of swimming due to the water temperature but it that whole area of the coast is just spectacular. Lotta fresh crab too!

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2018, 11:19:06 AM »
Sadly, I can't recall ever going to any of these beaches.  I think I probably went to Coronado as a kid, but I don't recall it.

Without question, the top beaches I ever went to were in Guam.  Sharks Cove is the beach by which all others will be measured for me.  My favorite beach ever, and nothing has ever come close.  The beaches on Tumon Bay were also incredible.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2018, 02:31:12 PM »

Sister Chick, you hit that one square on the head of the nail. If you have to advertise, you have inferior merchandise.

My favorite beach is Wabasso Beach in Indian River County, FL. Nice, warm and great Atlantic surf.