collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 384450 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #3500 on: August 14, 2021, 07:56:01 AM »
You have a friend who was been fully vaccinated and just got Covid a second time naturally?!?!?  A couple to many 18 year olds last night for you forgetful??

Not a friend. A colleague that works with me. But yes, and actually more than one. For the one I mentioned, I'm just aware of the contact tracing side of it.

This isn't even that unheard of, as Tower correctly notes, statistically speaking it is not high, but it is occurring and the CDC and rule-governing bodies (schools, local government entities etc.) are aware of it and revised guidance.

In large institutions, think schools/universities, the statistics are sufficient that over the course of a school year you are going to have multiple of these incidences. And with Delta, in a room with a large number of unmasked people, each incidence will likely lead to 5-10 additional infections that then propagate exponentially, leading to a rapid shutdown in the ability to provide in person instruction. The only logical remedy to allow in person instruction to continue is for a universal mask policy. Anything else, logistically speaking, is a piss-poor decision.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3501 on: August 14, 2021, 08:02:50 AM »
Politics.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 11:05:45 AM by mu_hilltopper »

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #3502 on: August 14, 2021, 10:31:12 AM »
Politics.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 11:06:12 AM by mu_hilltopper »

reinko

• All American
« Reply #3503 on: August 14, 2021, 10:42:55 AM »
I guess Chico’s could only keep the ruse up for so long, blew way past my over/under.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3504 on: August 14, 2021, 11:07:46 AM »
You have a friend who was been fully vaccinated and just got Covid a second time naturally?!?!?  A couple to many 18 year olds last night for you forgetful??

No doubt the colleague is a southern red state gun owner too.   ::)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3505 on: August 14, 2021, 12:12:13 PM »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3506 on: August 15, 2021, 04:31:04 PM »
Cardinal Burke, former archbishop of St. Louis, has COVID-19, is on ventilator

Caught it in Wisconsin.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/cardinal-burke-has-covid-is-on-ventilator/article_28639900-9c76-5481-b7ad-62266e605d0b.html

According to the National Catholic Reporter, Burke “has expressed skepticism about the need for distancing measures to contain the coronavirus and has opposed mandatory vaccination schemes.”

In a homily given last December, Burke called COVID the “Wuhan virus,” and said, “It has been used by certain forces inimical to families and to the freedom of nations, to advance their evil agenda.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3507 on: August 15, 2021, 04:42:36 PM »
Cardinal Burke, former archbishop of St. Louis, has COVID-19, is on ventilator

Caught it in Wisconsin.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/cardinal-burke-has-covid-is-on-ventilator/article_28639900-9c76-5481-b7ad-62266e605d0b.html

According to the National Catholic Reporter, Burke “has expressed skepticism about the need for distancing measures to contain the coronavirus and has opposed mandatory vaccination schemes.”

In a homily given last December, Burke called COVID the “Wuhan virus,” and said, “It has been used by certain forces inimical to families and to the freedom of nations, to advance their evil agenda.”

Thoughts.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3508 on: August 15, 2021, 04:44:50 PM »
And prayers
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3509 on: August 15, 2021, 09:28:56 PM »
Ah man, hate to see it.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3510 on: August 16, 2021, 01:25:26 PM »
Cardinal: “come on God. I DARE you to kill me’.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3511 on: August 16, 2021, 01:54:51 PM »

Reminds me of the Gene Hackman scene near the end of The Poseidon Adventure.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #3512 on: August 16, 2021, 01:57:10 PM »
I just don't even know what to say.  There are people out there that believe the most bizarro things.  I don't know, maybe I am the nutty one, but I just don't see how anyone can believe like this guy does...and this post is relatively mild.  Anyway, here is a post from another message board.  He is answering another poster that asked how his wife and son were doing because they got the vaccine. 

------------------------
My wife and son -- neither one -- have had any explicit issues to date with being vaxxed.

Doesn't mean they won't. I hope and pray they won't. I strongly suspect that my son -- in getting vaxxed has surrendered his capacity to father children.

I can talk to my son about it ... but conversations about vaccination, covid or the fascists or the lying media ... all off limits with my wife.

At some point everyone has to think for themselves or decide ... not to think at all. Fear shuts down the ability to think rationally in some folks. There are also some who have a desperate need to conform and be in the majority -- that is perhaps worse.

What is clear to me is that the media, government officials are colluding in one massive psy op. The pandemic is truly one of mass psychosis.

Church I attend is close to split down the middle, I suppose ... but I don't ask folks or discuss my views there openly on covid, except obliquely as I remind others we are admonished in scripture to fear nothing, only God. This is a very sensitive subject as one of our own was recently killed .... probably not by covid, but by the covid treatment protocols when he was admitted to hospital for pneumonia. There are a few of our number that would recognize he was killed by the covid protocols -- but I think most would not.

I don't think vaccination ( it's not really vaccination -- that's when you are injected with a heat-killed virus -- not a bio-weapon) is the "mark of the beast."

But it is 1) terribly foolish to submit and 2) a war crime on the part of those offering without disclosure of resultant death and disabilities. I don't attribute sin to those who are deceived in one way or another, but they sure have to close their eyes to a lot at this point.

However, I do think there is a spiritual warfare aspect to it ... just not that the vaxx magically marks one out. I think instead ... demonic powers are at work in the likes of Fauci, Gates and, sad to say, even Francis Collins and others down the chain of "authority." My worldview can't but attribute the perpetuation of massive lies that cause great harms to others to the work of Satan or his minions. That's his business and he is not done yet -- but he will be.
As to whether I can be harmed by being in proximity to vaxxed individuals, including my wife? I suspect there is a chance of that as the vaxed are more, not less likely, to communicate covid to others while being "unsymptomatic." But I also believe I had covid without getting SARS in March of 2020.

I'm not leaving my wife or disowning my son because they have made what I consider to be an awful choice related to their own health. I will try to help them if they start to have significant side effects and I am very watchful to this end.

But the whole unsymptomatic thing before used to push everyone to mask up?
I agree with Yeadon on this -- people generally who are most covid contagious -- or contagious with any respiratory condition -- have manifest symptoms.

That may have changed with the vaccine. If the vaccines have any efficacy at all (in doubt, in my opinion) it's possible vaxxed carriers of covid could show less symptoms -- at least initially and be infectious to others?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3513 on: August 16, 2021, 02:13:24 PM »
I just don't even know what to say.  There are people out there that believe the most bizarro things.  I don't know, maybe I am the nutty one, but I just don't see how anyone can believe like this guy does...and this post is relatively mild.  Anyway, here is a post from another message board.  He is answering another poster that asked how his wife and son were doing because they got the vaccine. 

------------------------
My wife and son -- neither one -- have had any explicit issues to date with being vaxxed.

Doesn't mean they won't. I hope and pray they won't. I strongly suspect that my son -- in getting vaxxed has surrendered his capacity to father children.

I can talk to my son about it ... but conversations about vaccination, covid or the fascists or the lying media ... all off limits with my wife.

At some point everyone has to think for themselves or decide ... not to think at all. Fear shuts down the ability to think rationally in some folks. There are also some who have a desperate need to conform and be in the majority -- that is perhaps worse.

What is clear to me is that the media, government officials are colluding in one massive psy op. The pandemic is truly one of mass psychosis.

Church I attend is close to split down the middle, I suppose ... but I don't ask folks or discuss my views there openly on covid, except obliquely as I remind others we are admonished in scripture to fear nothing, only God. This is a very sensitive subject as one of our own was recently killed .... probably not by covid, but by the covid treatment protocols when he was admitted to hospital for pneumonia. There are a few of our number that would recognize he was killed by the covid protocols -- but I think most would not.

I don't think vaccination ( it's not really vaccination -- that's when you are injected with a heat-killed virus -- not a bio-weapon) is the "mark of the beast."

But it is 1) terribly foolish to submit and 2) a war crime on the part of those offering without disclosure of resultant death and disabilities. I don't attribute sin to those who are deceived in one way or another, but they sure have to close their eyes to a lot at this point.

However, I do think there is a spiritual warfare aspect to it ... just not that the vaxx magically marks one out. I think instead ... demonic powers are at work in the likes of Fauci, Gates and, sad to say, even Francis Collins and others down the chain of "authority." My worldview can't but attribute the perpetuation of massive lies that cause great harms to others to the work of Satan or his minions. That's his business and he is not done yet -- but he will be.
As to whether I can be harmed by being in proximity to vaxxed individuals, including my wife? I suspect there is a chance of that as the vaxed are more, not less likely, to communicate covid to others while being "unsymptomatic." But I also believe I had covid without getting SARS in March of 2020.

I'm not leaving my wife or disowning my son because they have made what I consider to be an awful choice related to their own health. I will try to help them if they start to have significant side effects and I am very watchful to this end.

But the whole unsymptomatic thing before used to push everyone to mask up?
I agree with Yeadon on this -- people generally who are most covid contagious -- or contagious with any respiratory condition -- have manifest symptoms.

That may have changed with the vaccine. If the vaccines have any efficacy at all (in doubt, in my opinion) it's possible vaxxed carriers of covid could show less symptoms -- at least initially and be infectious to others?

That guy’s wife should be a saint if not already.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #3514 on: August 16, 2021, 02:29:13 PM »

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #3515 on: August 16, 2021, 02:38:13 PM »
That guy’s wife should be a saint if not already.

She should get out before this guy decides to take steps to make her martyrdom literal and not figurative.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3516 on: August 17, 2021, 10:44:45 AM »
The Las Vegas Raiders are the first NFL team to announce it will require all game attendees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, which will allow fans to attend games without wearing a mask. The policy will take effect Sept. 13 against the Baltimore Ravens, the Raiders’ regular-season home opener.

“Health and safety have always been our number one priority,” Raiders owner Mark Davis said. “After consultation with Governor (Steve) Sisolak and other community leaders, this policy ensures that we will be able to operate at full capacity without masks for fully vaccinated fans for the entire season.”

The Raiders will also offer vaccinations on site at Allegiant Stadium prior to Raiders home games, allowing newly vaccinated fans to attend wearing a mask.

Last week, the New Orleans Saints announced they will require fans to wear masks and show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of home games at Caesars Superdome.

https://theathletic.com/news/raiders-first-to-require-proof-of-covid-19-vaccinations-to-attend-home-games/EKJuXvJaVnPu?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

I love that the Raiders are also using this as an opportunity to distribute the vaccines!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3517 on: August 18, 2021, 02:29:39 PM »
Not surprising that booster shots are being advocated for 8 months after your second shot.     I wish there was a way to get it this fall at the same time as the flu shot, but the timing is just wrong.    Alas.     Probably in 2022 there will be a twofer.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3518 on: August 18, 2021, 02:34:27 PM »
Not surprising that booster shots are being advocated for 8 months after your second shot.     I wish there was a way to get it this fall at the same time as the flu shot, but the timing is just wrong.    Alas.     Probably in 2022 there will be a twofer.
Well...as a test, a person at my company walked into a local pharmacy night before last. He told them he was fully vaxxed, but if they had shots laying around he'd certainly take a booster. No at-risk conditions other than age, and he is only 5 months out from his original shots.

They gave it to him with no problem. He was basically doing it for research to see what would happen.

So...
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3519 on: August 18, 2021, 02:47:24 PM »
Intriguing...

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #3520 on: August 18, 2021, 03:45:37 PM »
Well...as a test, a person at my company walked into a local pharmacy night before last. He told them he was fully vaxxed, but if they had shots laying around he'd certainly take a booster. No at-risk conditions other than age, and he is only 5 months out from his original shots.

They gave it to him with no problem. He was basically doing it for research to see what would happen.

So...

I think there are a fair number of people doing just that.

I joked with some people about picking up the Moderna and JNJ just to round out my existing Pfizer.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3521 on: August 18, 2021, 04:58:27 PM »
Pope Francis:  Getting vaccinated is an act of love.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3522 on: August 18, 2021, 05:42:45 PM »
Shocked, I’m shocked!

As it turns out, DeSantis' No. 1 political donor has invested nearly $16 million in shares of Regeneron Pharmaceutical, the maker of the monoclonal antibody treatment.

https://www.rawstory.com/desantis-top-donor-has-invested-millions-in-antibody-treatment-he-s-been-promoting/

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #3523 on: August 18, 2021, 06:16:10 PM »
so im seeing vax effectiveness fades now as mentioned. are we gonna get 60% plus of americans to get a booster shot every 8 months?? when does apathy set in? seems like what this means is covid will just perpetually be common going forward. maybe not 100s of thoudands of cases a day but proablly 60k-90k a day just gonna be the norm for years. am i missing somthing just blows the shots dont retain their strenght

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3524 on: August 18, 2021, 06:21:30 PM »
so im seeing vax effectiveness fades now as mentioned. are we gonna get 60% plus of americans to get a booster shot every 8 months?? when does apathy set in? seems like what this means is covid will just perpetually be common going forward. maybe not 100s of thoudands of cases a day but proablly 60k-90k a day just gonna be the norm for years. am i missing somthing just blows the shots dont retain their strenght

I go to the dentist every six months and that’s way less convenient than getting a vaccine.

But the more people who get vaccinated the less there will be a need for boosters.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow