collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 384485 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #1925 on: March 12, 2021, 10:47:46 AM »
Plus its dependent on all of us taking the vaccine.
That could be the bump in the road. We have 30% of people saying they aren't going to take the vaccine. If we get to 70% vaccinated plus whatever additional % has already had COVID maybe we reach herd immunity (?)
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1926 on: March 12, 2021, 11:03:49 AM »
I’m not hung up on it was just disappointed.  We’ve talked about it on and off on Scoop the importance of messaging a return to normal to encourage as many folks as possible to get shots asap.  Simply made a comment that I feel his address last night missed that mark.

I am fine with you bringing something up, you seemed hung up on it because you brought it up multiple times. 

IMO, It's not realistic to be more optimistic. 

We are six weeks out from first shots available to all in my state - which is one of the best in the country on 1st shot coverage.  Its another ~5 weeks or so to full immunity (guess but probably close) assuming you get the second shot at the right time.  So if everyone received the vaccine on that timeline, we hit memorial day.  Reality is probably closer to 'everyone you can make an appt beginning in 6 weeks.  So my timeline is aggressive by a few weeks + things never go perfect so add a few more weeks.  That's July 4th.     

My state is ahead of the country which means many states are still weeks (if not more) behind us.

Realism is very important as long as this remains a supply, demand, throughput problem. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 11:19:30 AM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1927 on: March 12, 2021, 11:46:07 AM »
which is one of the best in the country on 1st shot coverage.

Connecticut (I think ?)  is doing great - and many states are hot on their tail.  But clicking through the CDC map, I was surprised how much ass NM and AK were kicking in the shots/100k metric (over 40k), especially given a difficult population density.  Followed by ND and SD.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1928 on: March 12, 2021, 12:14:23 PM »
I am fine with you bringing something up, you seemed hung up on it because you brought it up multiple times. 

IMO, It's not realistic to be more optimistic

He was hoping for a more honest President. Biden should have told us that the miracle has happened and the virus has magically disappeared.

Instead he listened to the crazies on FQX and parroted their ramblings here.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1929 on: March 12, 2021, 12:20:23 PM »
https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2021/03/12/covid-vaccine-michigan-eligibility/4665331001/

I will be on spring break then.   With my vaccinated daughter in Maryland.   But Michigan opening up to anyone over 16 on April 5.

May 1 is an easy demarcation.    As is July 4.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1930 on: March 12, 2021, 12:23:15 PM »
Connecticut (I think ?)  is doing great - and many states are hot on their tail.  But clicking through the CDC map, I was surprised how much ass NM and AK were kicking in the shots/100k metric (over 40k), especially given a difficult population density.  Followed by ND and SD.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

Yes CT here - I hope everyone catches up to us.

AK is interesting, they opened it up to all.  Which makes sense with the lower population density.  If the shot comes to town, everyone line up and take it.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1931 on: March 12, 2021, 12:27:33 PM »
He was hoping for a more honest President. Biden should have told us that the miracle has happened and the virus has magically disappeared.

Instead he listened to the crazies on FQX and parroted their ramblings here.

You are not a serious person.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1932 on: March 12, 2021, 12:55:42 PM »
I thought we’re forgiving the misguidance given early on by damn near everyone?  Behind the scenes and publicly the experts were saying the same damn thing.

Guidance that was based on the best medical information available at the time - yes.

Guidance that was recognized as bat-sh!t crazy even at the time - no.

Use your intelligence to distinguish the two, instead of making sweeping generalizations in a feeble attempt to excuse the latter.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1933 on: March 12, 2021, 01:04:27 PM »
I don't hold grudges for mistakes made early.   I hold grudges for not learning and doubling down on dumb.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1934 on: March 12, 2021, 01:11:54 PM »

I don't hold grudges for mistakes made early.   I hold grudges for not learning and doubling down on dumb.

Agree. But I also distinguish between honest mistakes and deliberate misinformation.

Honest mistake: uncertainty a year ago about whether masks helped, because we were still learning about the virus and its transmissibility.

Deliberate misinformation: "just the flu."

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1935 on: March 12, 2021, 01:13:18 PM »
Guidance that was based on the best medical information available at the time - yes.

Guidance that was recognized as bat-sh!t crazy even at the time - no.

Use your intelligence to distinguish the two, instead of making sweeping generalizations in a feeble attempt to excuse the latter.

Ahhh, thanks for clarifying the rules.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1936 on: March 14, 2021, 10:02:26 AM »
Rolling 7-day average now > 2.5m shots/day

https://twitter.com/ArmstrongDrew/status/1370879433746305025
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1937 on: March 14, 2021, 11:45:06 AM »
Rolling 7-day average now > 2.5m shots/day

https://twitter.com/ArmstrongDrew/status/1370879433746305025

I think it's more amazing to think that .. 10 days .. ~25m people.  That's mind boggling. 

(*Yes, 2nd doses.)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1938 on: March 15, 2021, 03:46:40 PM »
Yikes! More major EU countries halting use of the AZ vaccine over concern about blood clots. Still no causal link, but there must be pretty serious concern to slow the vaccination process just as Europe is encountering its third wave of cases.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/03/15/world/covid-19-coronavirus#germany-france-and-italy-are-the-latest-to-suspend-use-of-astrazenecas-vaccine

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1939 on: March 15, 2021, 08:03:46 PM »
Found one place today starting to schedule for the week of 3/29 when 1C starts in Wisconsin - pretty excited to have an appointment scheduled now for 3/29.  And I owe it all to the local Facebook group dedicated to helping people find vaccine doses - read about the place scheduling that week in there.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1940 on: March 15, 2021, 08:09:08 PM »
Found one place today starting to schedule for the week of 3/29 when 1C starts in Wisconsin - pretty excited to have an appointment scheduled now for 3/29.  And I owe it all to the local Facebook group dedicated to helping people find vaccine doses - read about the place scheduling that week in there.

Congratulations!

There is a Facebook group like that here in Minnesota as well, and it’s absolutely amazing. I found an appointment by following tips I learned from the group. Then I got calls from a waitlist after I had already been vaccinated, so I passed those tips to other group members. At least two people got last-minute vaccines based on information I passed on.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1941 on: March 15, 2021, 08:31:05 PM »
Congratulations!

There is a Facebook group like that here in Minnesota as well, and it%u2019s absolutely amazing. I found an appointment by following tips I learned from the group. Then I got calls from a waitlist after I had already been vaccinated, so I passed those tips to other group members. At least two people got last-minute vaccines based on information I passed on.

Thanks.

I joined the group last week trying to get tips on finding wait lists that would take you if you weren't already eligible for the vaccine.  I thought I wasn't going to be eligible in 1C either so was worried about potentially waiting until May for my first shot.  But then I found out Thursday afternoon I qualified for 1C but still worried about getting an appointment with so many people in that 1C group.  But the Facebook group has been a great resource so far and it's restored some of my faith in humanity to see people so willing to help out others.

I passed along the scheduling tip for the week of 3/29 at work today and had a few people thank me.  I'm just trying to return the favor by sharing the helpful information I found on the Facebook group.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 08:32:37 PM by Marquette Fan »

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1942 on: March 15, 2021, 09:13:51 PM »
I'm in the Chicago Vaccine Hunters group, and this morning I looked at my phone after I woke up, and immediately texted a friend alerting her that Walgreens had dropped a slew of appointments, she texted her sister, and her sister was scheduled within ten minutes.  Last week I posted a link to some clinics in underserved communities that I found, and the next day someone posted to thank whoever posted it, as she had been able to schedule a couple of 90+ year old relatives at a park around the corner from their house.  Score!
But man it is complicated - Walgreens drops appointments early, Jewel-Osco on weekends, a few medical practices at midnight - it's mind-boggling.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1943 on: March 15, 2021, 09:30:54 PM »
I'm in the Chicago Vaccine Hunters group, and this morning I looked at my phone after I woke up, and immediately texted a friend alerting her that Walgreens had dropped a slew of appointments, she texted her sister, and her sister was scheduled within ten minutes.  Last week I posted a link to some clinics in underserved communities that I found, and the next day someone posted to thank whoever posted it, as she had been able to schedule a couple of 90+ year old relatives at a park around the corner from their house.  Score!
But man it is complicated - Walgreens drops appointments early, Jewel-Osco on weekends, a few medical practices at midnight - it's mind-boggling.

And some days Walgreens is later than others - I read today in Milwaukee that they were late dropping the appointments today.  I've learned so much already about this process from about 5 days in the Facebook group.  And heck the place I have my appointment at in two weeks I had never heard of until recently.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1944 on: March 15, 2021, 10:01:47 PM »

And some days Walgreens is later than others - I read today in Milwaukee that they were late dropping the appointments today.  I've learned so much already about this process from about 5 days in the Facebook group.  And heck the place I have my appointment at in two weeks I had never heard of until recently.

It was the same with me. I got called off of waitlists from two places I didn’t even know about before looking for vaccine appointments.

And it’s really nice to have inadvertently developed some knowledge I can use to help others.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1945 on: March 16, 2021, 09:06:14 AM »
Connecticut just moved up the dates for all age groups yesterday.  I can schedule mine on Friday (up from March 22).
My kids were originally May 2 and are now like April 19.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1946 on: March 16, 2021, 09:28:48 AM »
I love the fact that states are continuing to accelerate their vaccination timetables. Certainly a testament to everybody working to produce, distribute and administer the vaccines at an incredible pace.

But I worry that part of the acceleration is due to a distressingly high number of people who aren't getting the vaccine when eligible. A recent NPR/PBS/Marist survey showed that 49% of Republican men don't intend to get vaccinated. Add a general reluctance among blacks and latinos, and we have a recipe for another wave and the possible development of more new strains.

https://www.axios.com/concern-republican-coronavirus-vaccine-hesitancy-trump-6220b95e-f334-49c4-ad4f-854d5af6b76b.html

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1947 on: March 16, 2021, 09:55:14 AM »
Connecticut just moved up the dates for all age groups yesterday.  I can schedule mine on Friday (up from March 22).

I got accelerated a week -- however -- they changed it to 16+ starting 4/5.  So the free for is coming.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1948 on: March 16, 2021, 10:28:00 AM »

Florida takes the free market Hunger Games approach.  May the odds be ever in your favor, while skewing it in favor of the leadership favorites. Vaccines are far more available in the reddest parts of our state.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1949 on: March 16, 2021, 11:37:51 AM »
Just found out I'm a 1B as a "youth sports volunteer".  I'm a 1C as a fat-ass, but I'll take what I can get.

feedback