Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: If Thunder win, Lazars ring will definitely be unnoticed...  (Read 3495 times)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
Re: If Thunder win, Lazars ring will definitely be unnoticed...
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 09:33:28 AM »
My guess is he will be out of the league in a few years.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 09:40:35 AM »
The T'wolves exercised his third-year option before trading him to OKC, so he will be around next year.  My guess is that the Thunder will exercise his fourth-year option...pretty cheap for a guy who is an end of the bench kind of guy.

He is very lucky to have been drafted in the first round - if he would have lasted to the second he would likely be playing in Europe right now.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 09:56:58 AM »
Hard-working, high IQ, high character guy who comes relatively cheap. He should be able to find a place on someone's bench for a while, especially if he can start hitting his shots. Even if he doesn't last in the league beyond next season, he'll still have made over $3M by age 26 and will have plenty of options in Europe. Not a bad start to the "real world."

nycwarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 10:03:21 AM »
And maybe he does pick up a J.

Get Lazar and our current crew working with Novak over the summer.

Or, better yet, with Novak's dad.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 12:09:12 PM »
And maybe he does pick up a J.

Get Lazar and our current crew working with Novak over the summer.

Or, better yet, with Novak's dad.

Even better yet, Crean.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 01:38:09 PM »
Hard-working, high IQ, high character guy who comes relatively cheap. He should be able to find a place on someone's bench for a while, especially if he can start hitting his shots. Even if he doesn't last in the league beyond next season, he'll still have made over $3M by age 26 and will have plenty of options in Europe. Not a bad start to the "real world."

NBA GM's don't care about players with high IQ's or high characters as much as players who are stat stuffers. He has shot around 35% from the field in his 2 years, which isnt very good. No one is going to see the Thunder play because of Hayward.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 01:55:26 PM »
NBA GM's don't care about players with high IQ's or high characters as much as players who are stat stuffers. He has shot around 35% from the field in his 2 years, which isnt very good. No one is going to see the Thunder play because of Hayward.
That may be true, but nobody goes to see the 12th guy regardless of who he is because 12th guys don't play unless the game is out of hand.  I imagine a coach wants the 12th guy to be someone who will do whatever is asked of him and won't make waves and is a hard worker and pleasant to be around.  I'm sure Lazar is all of those things.  But I think they also want him to be cheap and eventually be a guy who shows the potential to be of use on the court.  If not, you move on to the next younger, cheaper, hard-working guy.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 03:09:06 PM »
To me, the real funny story would be that of Juwan Howard if the Heat win.  I feel like it's almost bittersweet that he would finally get a ring in a season where he averaged 1.5 ppg and 6.8 mpg.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 03:27:03 PM »
At least Lazar would probably remember winning it, unlike Gary Payton...

http://deadspin.com/5918561/gary-payton-has-a-message-for-seattle-its-not-our-team-anymore-lets-move-on

"Everybody says you need to win a championship to seal a legacy. I didn't win a championship and I sealed a legacy. And so did Charles Barkley, John Stockton, and Karl Malone."

I guess you could say he just rode Wade's coattails, because well, that's what everyone on that squad outside of Shaq & Haslem did, but come on man, you have a ring.  He even hit a pretty big shot down the stretch in the series-clinching game 6.

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 04:18:28 PM »
^^^

That is pretty ridiculous.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 04:30:46 PM »
At least Lazar would probably remember winning it, unlike Gary Payton...

http://deadspin.com/5918561/gary-payton-has-a-message-for-seattle-its-not-our-team-anymore-lets-move-on

"Everybody says you need to win a championship to seal a legacy. I didn't win a championship and I sealed a legacy. And so did Charles Barkley, John Stockton, and Karl Malone."

I guess you could say he just rode Wade's coattails, because well, that's what everyone on that squad outside of Shaq & Haslem did, but come on man, you have a ring.  He even hit a pretty big shot down the stretch in the series-clinching game 6.

Maybe he was referring to never winning a ring with the Sonics?

feedback