Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 194082 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #875 on: October 24, 2018, 01:41:55 PM »
Look for me in that photo, I am the devilishly handsome one in a great coat.

I also have an iphone 6 with a rough battery life that wont live through a few hours at the bar beforehand and waaaay to cheap to spend $1,000 on a new one. But hey since we are going digital and MU is saving all of this money maybe they can buy me a new one

Maybe you need to close your apps? Or are you spending like 7-8 hours before hand in the bar?
Goal is National Championship

🏀

• All American
« Reply #876 on: October 24, 2018, 01:51:23 PM »
Maybe you need to close your apps? Or are you spending like 7-8 hours before hand in the bar?

Judgement free zone here people.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #877 on: October 24, 2018, 01:52:44 PM »
You will be able to buy a commemorative game ticket.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #878 on: October 24, 2018, 01:54:07 PM »
You will be able to buy a commemorative game ticket.
Well, one could also print a screen shot for free.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #879 on: October 24, 2018, 02:10:02 PM »
Does he require a paper airline ticket when flying to Las Vegas to put real quarters into the old school arm-pulled slots too?  Time for a trade in?

Honestly yes.  I use a paper plane ticket by choice.  And I find few things more annoying than the travelers who don't know to max the phone brightness, etc and dramatically slow the boarding process.  I used electronic plane tickets for awhile and travel frequently.  Ultimately I found them to be a 'pita'.  So I stop when I get to the airport and print one in 15 seconds at the kiosk handing it to the gate attendant as I quickly pass them by.  And my phone is safely in my pocket.

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #880 on: October 24, 2018, 02:18:05 PM »

When I have to spend $12.50 on a beer inside I want to triple check I am well lubricated before watching our 14-15 team

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #881 on: October 24, 2018, 02:24:26 PM »
Lol yes hopefully Marquette Athletics runs like Spirit airlines does.

"Oh I am sorry to bring a coat inside is an extra $35"

Well, MU does have a coat check room or you can leave it in the Clubs at a higher donation levels. Or, you can leave it on your chair back and have the row behind you spill their nachos and beer on it all game as they traverse those long aisles.

Your choice but the point is, don't make me pay for your preferences.

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #882 on: October 24, 2018, 02:32:59 PM »
Well, MU does have a coat check room or you can leave it in the Clubs at a higher donation levels. Or, you can leave it on your chair back and have the row behind you spill their nachos and beer on it all game as they traverse those long aisles.

Your choice but the point is, don't make me pay for your preferences.

Let's not get political here...trying to avoid lockity lock 4

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #883 on: October 24, 2018, 02:35:48 PM »

Or charge a slight premium to those wanting the printed version.

Or, how about I give them $2000 and they give me printed tickets with my seat purchase, like they did for the past 102 years.*

NOT TO MENTION .. I do not want to wait behind all you idiots who can't get your phones to work so you can scan in.  The security theater line is already too effing long, damnit.

* I got my printed tickets yesterday, so I'll just save up my anger for NEXT YEAR if they stop sending them.  #CANNOTWAITTOBEANGRY

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #884 on: October 24, 2018, 02:43:10 PM »
Look at tomorrow night as another run at it.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #885 on: October 24, 2018, 02:46:43 PM »
Or, how about I give them $2000 and they give me printed tickets with my seat purchase, like they did for the past 102 years.*

NOT TO MENTION .. I do not want to wait behind all you idiots who can't get your phones to work so you can scan in.  The security theater line is already too effing long, damnit.

* I got my printed tickets yesterday, so I'll just save up my anger for NEXT YEAR if they stop sending them.  #CANNOTWAITTOBEANGRY

R-E-L-A-X

https://arbys.com/get-deals

Goal is National Championship

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #886 on: October 24, 2018, 02:56:29 PM »
Honestly yes.  I use a paper plane ticket by choice.  And I find few things more annoying than the travelers who don't know to max the phone brightness, etc and dramatically slow the boarding process.  I used electronic plane tickets for awhile and travel frequently.  Ultimately I found them to be a 'pita'.  So I stop when I get to the airport and print one in 15 seconds at the kiosk handing it to the gate attendant as I quickly pass them by.  And my phone is safely in my pocket.

If you look at any of the loyalty passengers they almost universally all use their app on their phones.  You get alerts, gate changes, can track your incoming plane, check the seat map or upgrade list, arrange for your ride share, scan your airline club pass, check-in well in advance and get your PreTSA clearance, have the airlines send you your ticket options when cancelled, and track your checked luggage. I never see these flyers holding up on-boarding.  Where is their phone?  In their hands and they know where it is.

At the kiosk, you almost always have to wait, need to pull out and scan/zip your ID, punch in your confirmation code or airport code, zip through all the security, upgrade and luggage prompts, and print. If you can do that in 15 seconds, you are a man of many talents and Rick Pitino-like (and lucky that your kiosk didn't crash). 

At check in, I am behind the paper people with 4 kids who need paper tickets and have lost their tickets in all their crap, people looking for their lost tickets or grandma, waiting for the gate agent to punch in their crumpled printed ticket as the scanner can't read it as the toner lines were broken up, being blocked at Pre-TSA entrances as they pull out their paper tickets to learn they are in the wrong security line (btw, I could have told them five minutes before they were in the wrong line just because they were looking for their PAPER tickets).

All kidding aside in this thread, I understand people's preferences. The point remains, if your preference is for paper, an embossed ticket for your crafts project and you are into killing the environment, pay for it.  But, don't make me pay for it.  I prefer to pay for my own preferences not for yours.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #887 on: October 24, 2018, 03:03:14 PM »
If you look at any of the loyalty passengers they almost universally all use their app on their phones.  You get alerts, gate changes, can track your incoming plane, check the seat map or upgrade list, arrange for your ride share, scan your airline club pass, check-in well in advance and get your PreTSA clearance, have the airlines send you your ticket options when cancelled, and track your checked luggage. I never see these flyers holding up on-boarding.  Where is their phone?  In their hands and they know where it is.

At the kiosk, you almost always have to wait, need to pull out and scan/zip your ID, punch in your confirmation code or airport code, zip through all the security, upgrade and luggage prompts, and print. If you can do that in 15 seconds, you are a man of many talents and Rick Pitino-like (and lucky that your kiosk didn't crash). 

At check in, I am behind the paper people with 4 kids who need paper tickets and have lost their tickets in all their crap, people looking for their lost tickets or grandma, waiting for the gate agent to punch in their crumpled printed ticket as the scanner can't read it as the toner lines were broken up, being blocked at Pre-TSA entrances as they pull out their paper tickets to learn they are in the wrong security line (btw, I could have told them five minutes before they were in the wrong line just because they were looking for their PAPER tickets).

All kidding aside in this thread, I understand people's preferences. The point remains, if your preference is for paper, an embossed ticket for your crafts project and you are into killing the environment, pay for it.  But, don't make me pay for it.  I prefer to pay for my own preferences not for yours.

As a person who has had to cool her heels many times while Glow "recombobulates" after TSA, I can assure you that he is not particularly concerned about being efficient at the airport.  :-*
Have some patience, FFS.

McLintock

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #888 on: October 24, 2018, 03:32:16 PM »

It's not like electronic ticketing is free.  What are the costs of maintaining electronic accounts for all season ticket holders, the cybersecurity to protect their personal and credit information, the functionality to allow the ticket holder to transfer them, etc?    And the last I checked, paper was recyclable, electronic gadgets not nearly as much and in fact have become quite an environmental problem.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #889 on: October 24, 2018, 03:37:40 PM »
It's not like electronic ticketing is free.  What are the costs of maintaining electronic accounts for all season ticket holders, the cybersecurity to protect their personal and credit information, the functionality to allow the ticket holder to transfer them, etc?    And the last I checked, paper was recyclable, electronic gadgets not nearly as much and in fact have become quite an environmental problem.

All of the bolded are costs incurred now, and unless you are going to go back to using credit card slider machines, are costs that are going to be incurred forevermore.  Its the marginal cost of printing and mailing the tickets that they are doing away with.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #890 on: October 24, 2018, 03:39:51 PM »

It's all an extension of the account management they have to do electronically plus that's why you have vendors (just like MU doesn't have a printing press in the basement printing tickets) that allows the vendors to achieve scale which makes the electronic version of tickets SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than paper ones. As Dr Blackheat stated, we are on the other side of the paradigm change so your preference for paper is the more expensive one....feel free to choose it but not on the back of my ticket costs.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #891 on: October 24, 2018, 03:42:43 PM »
As a person who has had to cool her heels many times while Glow "recombobulates" after TSA, I can assure you that he is not particularly concerned about being efficient at the airport.  :-*
Speaking of airline efficient, MU Scoop is the only website that works beautifully on the Delta Wi- Fi on this flight I am on. Kudos to the IT department at Scoop for brilliant design.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #892 on: October 24, 2018, 03:47:33 PM »
feel free to choose it but not on the back of my ticket costs.

I understand that the tickets cost more than electronic tickets, but does anyone actually believe that the price for tickets are going to go down next year because its electronic?? MU is just going to profit more, you aren't "saving" by going to electronic just like you aren't being ripped off by using paper now

McLintock

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #893 on: October 24, 2018, 03:57:27 PM »
It's all an extension of the account management they have to do electronically plus that's why you have vendors (just like MU doesn't have a printing press in the basement printing tickets) that allows the vendors to achieve scale which makes the electronic version of tickets SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than paper ones. As Dr Blackheat stated, we are on the other side of the paradigm change so your preference for paper is the more expensive one....feel free to choose it but not on the back of my ticket costs.

So you are fine having people that would prefer no online account access or electronic tickets pay for you to have these privileges but not the other way around.  Got it.
 Frankly, I don't really care either way, and anyone worried about the incremental cost of getting a printed ticket probably shouldn't be using their limited funds on MU season tickets or has an outlook on life and money that resembles Montgomery Burns.  But not being able to print your tickets at home?  That's a total joke.  And as another poster stated, it's not like any ticket buyers are going to see these savings anyway.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #894 on: October 24, 2018, 04:09:43 PM »
So you are fine having people that would prefer no online account access or electronic tickets pay for you to have these privileges but not the other way around.  Got it.

The marginal cost of an online account is next to nothing.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #895 on: October 24, 2018, 04:12:19 PM »

The app already exists and is paid for in your fees as well. MU just outsources it to Ticketmaster. 

Tickets with metal strips or lead-based inks for full graphics are not recyclable. 

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #896 on: October 24, 2018, 05:12:57 PM »
Here is my worry on e-tickets that has not brought up. Let's say you go with a group of 4. All 4 tickets are on your phone. Some leave to go to the restroom, beer, brat whatever. You come back and the usher asked to see your ticket. What do you do?
-Bill Walton

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #897 on: October 24, 2018, 05:22:36 PM »

That's a lot of typing.  And I do get all of that info on my phone.  It is 15 seconds to print.  I punch in my Frequent Flyer # and print my boarding pass.  Do whatever makes you happy.  I'll do the same.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #898 on: October 24, 2018, 05:36:05 PM »

Never said I wasn't happy to pay modestly for it or print myself, if allowed.

McLintock

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #899 on: October 24, 2018, 05:59:49 PM »
Aside from petty bickering over cost and perceived convenience, isn't the real issue here tickemaster attempting to make it as difficult as possible for people to print their own tickets so that ticketmaster can act as both a secondary ticket broker and de facto scalper through their online resale system?  Why else would the print at home option become unavailable?