'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 194096 times)

Nukem2

• All American
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #825 on: October 23, 2018, 07:51:18 PM »
Yes, over the course of the next 800 years.
Well, maybe 25 or 30 years, but your point is well taken.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #826 on: October 23, 2018, 08:21:28 PM »
Doing away with printed tickets and moving them to an app has more to do with preventing counterfeit tickets than saving printing costs.
Ludum habemus.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #827 on: October 23, 2018, 08:25:31 PM »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #828 on: October 23, 2018, 08:52:50 PM »
Doing away with printed tickets and moving them to an app has more to do with preventing counterfeit tickets than saving printing costs.
The bad guys will always win on that count.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #829 on: October 23, 2018, 08:53:19 PM »

source?

• All American
« Reply #830 on: October 23, 2018, 09:00:10 PM »
Mine were in the mailbox today. My house is on the East side of Milwaukee.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #831 on: October 23, 2018, 09:04:00 PM »
You don't think that costs at least ten or twenty bucks apiece?

Um .. if it's $10-20, then they should continue doing it if those paying $900+ a seat want it.

I know I do.  I 1000% hate using a phone for tickets.  HATE.  I know my phone will screw up or not have coverage at just the wrong moment.   

Shooter Flatch

• Starter
« Reply #832 on: October 23, 2018, 09:10:36 PM »
 I know my phone will screw up or not have coverage at just the wrong moment.
[/quote]

Take a screenshot of the tickets so you won’t need coverage to pull them up at game time.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #833 on: October 23, 2018, 09:34:32 PM »
MU wants to give you loyalty points and discounts that are identifiable as you enter. MCOM is the way to confirm that "you" are in the house for personalization purposes. That's a sure fire way to kill the grey market. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #834 on: October 23, 2018, 10:18:58 PM »
Yes, over the course of the next 800 years.

I occasionally have to do print acquisitions for my job, warriorchick's estimation is likely correct.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 10:20:51 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #835 on: October 23, 2018, 10:22:00 PM »
I occasionally have to do print acquisitions for my job, warriorchick's estimation is correct.

Yeah, anyone who isn't directly involved in the production of that kind of stuff has no idea how expensive it is.
Have some patience, FFS.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #836 on: October 23, 2018, 10:32:58 PM »
Um .. if it's $10-20, then they should continue doing it if those paying $900+ a seat want it.

I know I do.  I 1000% hate using a phone for tickets.  HATE.  I know my phone will screw up or not have coverage at just the wrong moment.

Go to the Ticket Office at the FF and they will print you tickets.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #837 on: October 23, 2018, 10:36:06 PM »
Yeah, anyone who isn't directly involved in the production of that kind of stuff has no idea how expensive it is.

Yes, any special die cuts, perforations, bar coding, holograms, etc, all things that are part of today's tickets are going to be expensive.  However, for the aged who don't use mobile phones, hopefully someone can print them for them at home on a printer.

One of the concerns I have with technology these days is the race to adopt certain things and leaving sometimes folks completely without an option.  Part of the times.

I would like MU to give people an option of print or digital. If they take digital, give them a small discount to incentivize that behavior.  Or charge a slight premium to those wanting the printed version.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #838 on: October 24, 2018, 06:07:07 AM »
I would like MU to give people an option of print or digital. If they take digital, give them a small discount to incentivize that behavior.  Or charge a slight premium to those wanting the printed version.

Agreed. I don't have a printer at home because we don't print enough to justify it. And while I've done the screenshot method for mobile tickets, I don't like having to count on that. This is one of those things I'm old school on and am not a fan of being forced to adapt to. I have friends that in their 30s and 40s that don't have smart phones, I imagine there are many in the sweater vest crowd that are the same.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #839 on: October 24, 2018, 07:23:25 AM »
Yes, any special die cuts, perforations, bar coding, holograms, etc, all things that are part of today's tickets are going to be expensive.  However, for the aged who don't use mobile phones, hopefully someone can print them for them at home on a printer.

One of the concerns I have with technology these days is the race to adopt certain things and leaving sometimes folks completely without an option.  Part of the times.

This.  There are thousands of loyal season ticket holders who will find digital tickets to be a hardship.  Many are the most loyal.  I always think of our friend Jack, a season ticketholder since about 1970.  I know Jack does not have a smartphone.  Jack needs to be accommodated.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #840 on: October 24, 2018, 07:56:22 AM »

I agree with you. So, someone I work with showed me how to screen shot for the Bucks & MU Open House. My fear is now gone.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 07:58:05 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #841 on: October 24, 2018, 08:03:08 AM »
Agreed, Jack kneeds ta bee serviced, hey?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 08:51:00 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #842 on: October 24, 2018, 08:33:09 AM »

With the screen shot method everyone else is mentioning, how does this help prevent counterfeits?  I would think it would almost make it easier.  Now you only need photoshop, not access to a real printing press.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #843 on: October 24, 2018, 08:57:43 AM »
This.  There are thousands of loyal season ticket holders who will find digital tickets to be a hardship.  Many are the most loyal.  I always think of our friend Jack, a season ticketholder since about 1970.  I know Jack does not have a smartphone.  Jack needs to be accommodated.

Thousands?  How many accounts does MU have?  We have approx 8,000 season tickets.  I bet the number of accounts affected by this hardship is less than 100, it maybe less than 50.   
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #844 on: October 24, 2018, 09:05:00 AM »

I'm sure Jack will be fine.  I doubt Marquette is going to prevent him from going to games.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #845 on: October 24, 2018, 09:07:10 AM »
Thousands?  How many accounts does MU have?  We have approx 8,000 season tickets.  I bet the number of accounts affected by this hardship is less than 100, it maybe less than 50.

I disagree.  We have many, many season ticket holders who are well into their 70s.  Many of them do not have smartphones.  Perhaps it's not thousands of accounts but I'll bet it represents well over 1000 tickets.  Hell, we have many many season ticket holders who travel to the Al to renew their season tickets every year because the online exercise is too challenging.

Look, Marquette can do what it wants.  But to fail to reasonably accommodate perhaps their most important alumni is short sighted in my view.  Again, as was suggested, being given the option of paper tickets seems to be the best solution.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #846 on: October 24, 2018, 09:08:12 AM »

I'm sure Jack will be fine.  I doubt Marquette is going to prevent him from going to games.

I'm sure he will.  And chick is now going to be 100% responsible for mine!   ;D

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #847 on: October 24, 2018, 09:13:03 AM »
I disagree.  We have many, many season ticket holders who are well into their 70s.  Many of them do not have smartphones.  Perhaps it's not thousands of accounts but I'll bet it represents well over 1000 tickets.  Hell, we have many many season ticket holders who travel to the Al to renew their season tickets every year because the online exercise is too challenging.

Look, Marquette can do what it wants.  But to fail to reasonably accommodate perhaps their most important alumni is short sighted in my view.  Again, as was suggested, being given the option of paper tickets seems to be the best solution.

Maybe this is just their way of culling the sweater-vest crowd since "God's way" is moving slower than they thought.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #848 on: October 24, 2018, 09:19:21 AM »
With the screen shot method everyone else is mentioning, how does this help prevent counterfeits?  I would think it would almost make it easier.  Now you only need photoshop, not access to a real printing press.

If someone is buying a ticket, you are not buying a screen shot. (I think)
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #849 on: October 24, 2018, 09:25:08 AM »

I would guess more like 350 to 500.  How many account owners are 70+ and don't have a smart phone, or don't handle technology well?  Number is larger than you think in my opinion.  They will have the grandkids help them out.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

feedback