Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 194074 times)

Nukem2

• All American
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #725 on: August 29, 2018, 09:29:00 PM »
Indeed, I don't understand.  We left via the skywalk and there are doors on Juneau that will let you into the parking structure.  We park nearby and figured it'd be nice to enter the parking structure and skywalk over in the winter.
What you are missing is that the Bucks will only let prefrred people to enter on the skywalk.  Apparently now, MU will not follow that.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #726 on: August 29, 2018, 09:34:45 PM »
What you are missing is that the Bucks will only let prefrred people to enter on the skywalk.  Apparently now, MU will not follow that.

I wonder how they'd police that.  Heck, you could carpool and have multiple people in your car with tickets all over the place.  Would they have you go through security, then scan your ticket only to find you're an unwashed peon in the 2nd deck?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #727 on: August 29, 2018, 09:35:34 PM »
The inner bowl is outstanding.  The rest is rather industrial and antiseptic to me. Yeah, the special areas are nice, but most will never be part of it.  The skywalk is gonna be a major issue as most folks won’t be able to use it (it is a taxpayer supported venue).

The Panorama Club upstairs is open to all. Nicer than all the BC clubs imo.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #728 on: August 29, 2018, 09:39:38 PM »
The Panorama Club upstairs is open to all. Nicer than all the BC clubs imo.
I was there when it was dark. The Jack Daniels area in the upper deck westside is outstanding. Black floor and soft lighting. Nightclub style.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #729 on: August 29, 2018, 09:44:18 PM »
I was there when it was dark. The Jack Daniels area in the upper deck westside is outstanding. Black floor and soft lighting. Nightclub style.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #730 on: August 29, 2018, 09:45:39 PM »
Some more

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #731 on: August 29, 2018, 09:55:18 PM »
That's the Panarama Club. (eastside) Also very nice. I'm talking about the Jack Daniels area on the westside.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #732 on: August 29, 2018, 09:57:12 PM »
That's the Panarama Club. (eastside) Also very nice. I'm talking about the Jack Daniels area on the westside.

Yeah.  It said it was dark in the Pano so I gave you light.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #733 on: August 29, 2018, 10:21:37 PM »
I have lowers in 120 (it's a corner, much like my 219 seats at the BC).  We're the first row of permanent seats which means we have a sturdier cup holder, very thankful I got a few tours pre selection.  I always had temp seats in the BC, but here I think the perm seats are better.

I also bought 2 uppers bc I could get 1st row behind the basket.  I was not ready for how steep the walk down felt.  It's steep.  But after getting over that, I love my seats and would even be happy up a few rows.  I went with 1st row bc I feel like they'll sell easier, I won't always need 4 seats.  I've heard from others that the sideline uppers are not as good, I can see that.

Both my seat locations are incredibly close to concessions / bars.  So many places to spend money and they make it easy it do so, but you'll see a ton of the action while doing so. 

I'm extremely impressed.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #734 on: August 29, 2018, 10:31:27 PM »
I was very happy with my seats in the upper deck. I love that the section is rotated to face the court head on so you don’t have to tilt your head the whole game.

That being said, with all the tables and stools at the top of the lower bowl looking into the arena, I’m tempted to just sit there for the game. Great view with a table to set your food and drink on.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #735 on: August 29, 2018, 10:51:31 PM »
I have seats in the upper deck and a little underwhelmed as well. Steep getting down is fine, except for when you are carrying a kid back and forth from the front row. Also will be harder to get to the bathroom at our under 4 timeout before the end of the game and then get back to the seats, like we used to.  Feel like all of the "bells and whistles" don't do anything for the typical "Wisconsin" fan, who is still fine with bleachers at Lambeau. Need to see a game and then it will be all worth it.  Probably.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #736 on: August 29, 2018, 11:04:49 PM »
I have seats in the upper deck and a little underwhelmed as well. Steep getting down is fine, except for when you are carrying a kid back and forth from the front row. Also will be harder to get to the bathroom at our under 4 timeout before the end of the game and then get back to the seats, like we used to.  Feel like all of the "bells and whistles" don't do anything for the typical "Wisconsin" fan, who is still fine with bleachers at Lambeau. Need to see a game and then it will be all worth it.  Probably.

You might want to sit in the last row of the upper tank.  I tried a few out and they’re not bad. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #737 on: August 30, 2018, 02:45:44 AM »
After sitting center court in the upper deck of the Bradley Center since graduation, I decided to move down to Section 116 in the Fiserv Forum. Row 22, just 5 seats off the left aisle. Not quite center court anymore, but a great view.

We'll see if I think it's worth the extra money during the season. I sat in several seats upstairs, as well, and could always decide to move back up.

Beyond the sightlines, it'll be nice not having to deal with crowds on the escalator and stairs in the upper level. Really appreciate the wide concourses (should be easier for everyone to get around before and during the game), and the multiple open views from the concourses to the court. Outstanding design in that respect alone.

I also like that my seats are close to Sobelman's. The food there ($10 for a Sobelman's burger and I think $8 for a cheeseburger) might be the best value in the entire arena.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #738 on: August 30, 2018, 08:01:58 AM »
I was a little surprised at the lack of easy access to the upper bowl from the lower, unless I missed it. 

We often visited friends in the upper deck, so would pop upstairs .. at the BC, there was always a stairway a few sections away and you could get there quickly.   The Chaluparena has such massive corridors and plazas .. getting upstairs is an adventure.

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #739 on: August 30, 2018, 08:17:34 AM »
I can say that the forum lived up to expectations.  This new place is amazing and until seeing it, i didn't realize how outdated the BC was.  I have to agree with everyone about the steepness of the upper level.  Being in the front row definitely gives me a lot of chances to spill my nachos.  Good news is that they set the beer prices so that no one can afford to get drunk during a game.

In case anyone missed it, Draft Miller Lite = $11

Apparently, the bucks brass didn't jump on the Arthur Blank train to increasing the fan experience.  But that is my only gripe, which is easily fixed by spending money at a local bar pre and post.  The arena itself is fantastic and the fact that you never have to wonder again, "what the hell did i miss," while you are getting concessions is awesome. and.... CUPHOLDERS
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #740 on: August 30, 2018, 08:32:16 AM »
It was very impressive. Loved the screens around the concourse so you can be aware of what’s happening if you have to leave your seats. Also, no matter where we were in the stadium, we could hear the PA announcer, even on the elevators or atrium. I’m not sure if that was due to the event or if that’s how it will be all the time, but it showed how you will always be a part of what is going on.

I wasn’t “wow’d” as much as I thought I would be because of Miller Park. It had a very similar feel on the concourses to Miller Park and their new concession set up. Which I love, but just impacted the wow factor. The premium areas are very impressive, but don’t feel like I will spend any time in those areas. Also, the MU “tour” was more of a fund raising pitch. Especially since we thought we’d get to bypass the line for the locker rooms, but at the end found out it was still a half hour wait to get in there.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #741 on: August 30, 2018, 10:18:27 AM »
The cup holders in the armrest are not the permanent seats. Seats removed for different stage set ups. Hockey, different concerts set ups, etc.

Are they going to have hockey here? I didn't think there was any ice?

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #742 on: August 30, 2018, 10:27:07 AM »
Has anyone heard whether the upstairs lounge areas will be open for all games, or if it will be more selective like the upstairs concessions at the BC? I think it would be pretty cool to have a chance to have a beer or two and catch some of a game from the Panorama floor, even if it's a non-con on a weeknight. It would be much easier to part with $11 per beer in a setting like that.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #743 on: August 30, 2018, 10:27:25 AM »
I had very high expectations of the new arena and they were met big time. Extremely happy with our seats and love the place already. It will take some time to figure everything out, but literally cannot wait to see a game there.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 11:36:37 AM by Goose »

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #744 on: August 30, 2018, 10:30:02 AM »
Has anyone heard whether the upstairs lounge areas will be open for all games, or if it will be more selective like the upstairs concessions at the BC? I think it would be pretty cool to have a chance to have a beer or two and catch some of a game from the Panorama floor, even if it's a non-con on a weeknight. It would be much easier to part with $11 per beer in a setting like that.

Panorama will be open for all games and most events.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #745 on: August 30, 2018, 10:51:43 AM »
Correct and open to anyone with a ticket.  Not just season ticket holders.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #746 on: August 30, 2018, 10:52:34 AM »
Are they going to have hockey here? I didn't think there was any ice?
Trying to get a Frozen Four and NHL Pre-Season game. It can make ice. Ice will not be under the floor during the Bucks/MU season.

https://twitter.com/FiservForum/status/995713281191890945
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 10:56:22 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

LeftyWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #747 on: August 30, 2018, 10:58:41 AM »
I was very anxious to explore the new arena and came away extremely impressed. I upgraded my seats quite a bit this year by simply paying more, unlike previous years when points seemed more important. The Mezzanine Club is a huge upgrade from the Blue & Gold room. I know I am paying more for it, but it seems great.

I know I will get more familiar with the Forum, but it was difficult to get from one level to the next. Seems like you need to go to the east end of the arena to get to stairs/escalators.

I felt like I was in a upscale hotel with the finishes, wood, carpeting, etc.  Panorama Club will be very popular during early non-conference games when MU is blowing out our 300+ RPI opponents.

$11 Coors Light tap beers were surprising, but the Sobelman's burgers seemed like a good deal. Chick-fil-a will be popular for sure.

The BC seemed like a multi-purpose arena while the FF seems like the Buck's stadium. A real lot of Buck's logos, from the artwork, the pro shop and the embroidered seat backs. It now feels like MU will be playing in the Buck's stadium rather than in a stadium that is home to an NBA team.

Marquette locker room is obviously a recruiting tool and was amazing. Well done and should really impress 18-year old recruits. The large back-lit Jordan logo with the pictures of current MU NBA players is genius. 

Teh scoreboard and all of the TVs throughout all of the arena is a huge upgrade from the BC. No matter where you are, you will not miss any of the action.

Can't wait for the MU-UW game when all of the Badger fans chins drop to the floor upon seeing how amazing this place is and how lucky MU is to call it home. While other college arenas have more history, none are even close to amenities offered at the Forum.

When is the first game, I am ready!!

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #748 on: August 30, 2018, 12:29:57 PM »
Funny .. I went through the metal detectors .. "had" to go through 3 times, removing my watch, my glasses, wallet and I finally got through.   The irony was .. I got green lights with my pocket knife still on me.  Nice job, security theater.

My kids wanted to enter a suite .. they were locked.. so I tried scanning my ticket.  DING, access granted.   Could have raided the stocked mini-fridge, but did not.

Is "security consultant" at the FiFo one of your "legit" fronts?

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #749 on: August 30, 2018, 12:35:26 PM »
I upgraded from the 2nd row center on the upper concourse down to the corner section...little extra cash but a ton of extra benefits from a logistics and sight line perspective.

Only real disappointment is beer prices. Anything over $9 for a craft beer is straight up larceny.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."