'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 194062 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #700 on: August 28, 2018, 08:41:08 PM »
I’ve used mobile entry the past two years but can’t get these to work.

I think it’s because I used an email separate from my season ticket email.

EDIT: Damn tried forwarding them to my season ticket account. They transferred fine but still can’t get them to work.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 08:49:15 PM by TallTitan34 »

BossplayaOtto

• All American
« Reply #701 on: August 28, 2018, 09:17:57 PM »
Downloaded my 4 and added them to my Apple wallet. No issues. Excited to check out the new digs and see our seats for this season!

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #702 on: August 28, 2018, 09:24:01 PM »
Got it to work. Had to be on the mobile Ticketmaster site. Not the full site.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #703 on: August 28, 2018, 10:18:55 PM »
So .. after a 20 minute adventure, I think I might have the tickets on my phone.  What a clusterf.

MU should just open the doors, no ticket required.   I can't fathom why they are making people jump through these oddball hoops.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #704 on: August 28, 2018, 10:22:07 PM »
So .. after a 20 minute adventure, I think I might have the tickets on my phone.  What a clusterf.

MU should just open the doors, no ticket required.   I can't fathom why they are making people jump through these oddball hoops.

Test the system when FF goes paperless.  Track potential leads. Sell tickets.  Security.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #705 on: August 29, 2018, 08:23:26 AM »
Fan favorites and local eateries are located throughout the venue including Canal Street Pizza, Cedar Crest Ice Cream, Colectivo Coffee, Cousins Subs, FreshFin Poké, Gold Rush Chicken, Iron Grate BBQ, Klement’s Sausage, Milwaukee Pretzel Company, Sobelman’s & The Laughing Taco.

The concourses feature beverages from Casamigos, Drink Wisconsinbly, Jack Daniel’s, Miller Brewing Company & Ramona!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #706 on: August 29, 2018, 08:39:36 AM »
Fan favorites and local eateries are located throughout the venue including Canal Street Pizza, Cedar Crest Ice Cream, Colectivo Coffee, Cousins Subs, FreshFin Poké, Gold Rush Chicken, Iron Grate BBQ, Klement’s Sausage, Milwaukee Pretzel Company, Sobelman’s & The Laughing Taco.

The concourses feature beverages from Casamigos, Drink Wisconsinbly, Jack Daniel’s, Miller Brewing Company & Ramona!

The Carvery?  Or did that go poof with the new owners? Best option at the BC.

Also, I joke about the poke (and I love poke), but I don't want the guy next to me at a game eating it. The Bradley Center fish strips smelled bad enough.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #707 on: August 29, 2018, 09:05:04 AM »

The same thing happened on Sunday with Fevo.  Tickets were not processed right.  They let people in for free, all you had to do was show the email confirmation as fans were having trouble receiving the actual tickets.  They have some bugs to work out, but all was handled properly.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #708 on: August 29, 2018, 09:27:17 AM »
Test the system when FF goes paperless.  Track potential leads. Sell tickets.  Security.
That as well as trying to get a feel for how many potential attendees.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #709 on: August 29, 2018, 09:49:26 AM »

What?  You mean they're not just doing this to be a pain in the ass?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #710 on: August 29, 2018, 10:25:40 AM »
The Carvery? Or did that go poof with the new owners? Best option at the BC.

Agree on The Carvery. As good a corned beef sandwich as I've ever had.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

wiscwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #711 on: August 29, 2018, 12:13:50 PM »
Agree on The Carvery. As good a corned beef sandwich as I've ever had.

I agree. One of the best I've ever had. I asked them whether they'd be in the new arena and they didn't know. Sad if there not, but you have to try Iron Grate.

DJO's Jaw

• All American
« Reply #712 on: August 29, 2018, 06:33:50 PM »
Just got done checking out my new seats. Upper level, dead center court. I'm beyond pleased with the seats and really impressed with the new arena.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #713 on: August 29, 2018, 06:39:59 PM »
Just got done checking out my new seats. Upper level, dead center court. I'm beyond pleased with the seats and really impressed with the new arena.

I'm also upper level, center court, and I was kind of disappointed in the seats.  The upper level is further away than at the BC.  Also, you enter the upper level at the top of the section, so it's a long, steep drop to the front of the section, then a steep climb out to get to the concourse.  Wish we could have had a preview before selecting seats.  Will be moving to the lower level next year.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #714 on: August 29, 2018, 06:48:48 PM »
Very impressed with the new arena. They did a great job with the introduction. Talked to coaches and players, everything was open to the fans, and the seats are great. Even the SRO area up top gives a great view. We're gonna love this place.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #715 on: August 29, 2018, 07:18:08 PM »
Section 228 corner up stairs. I love the seats. Way better than last years at BMO.
One thing I’m interested in is how many single game tickets there will be available through the box office this year. Because of those white pieces of paper we’re showing the season tickets still left... there were certainly less than 200 by the time we left the stadium.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #716 on: August 29, 2018, 07:32:14 PM »
Very impressed with the new arena. They did a great job with the introduction. Talked to coaches and players, everything was open to the fans, and the seats are great. Even the SRO area up top gives a great view. We're gonna love this place.

Couldn't agree more.  The free club on the upper level behind the basket was 10 times better than the pay clubs at the BC.  Pay clubs (may) be worth it.

Large craft drafts $12.  SRO with concessions are open all the way around so you see the action.  I suspect this will be a gathering and lingering spot. 

4000 STHs RSVP'ed and 7000 fans showed up.  MU put signs on unselected seats and fans were buying them on the spot. Does that mean that 3000 Scoopers couldn't figure out the app?

Great sight lines in the lower bowl.  With the student bow tie, the students take up the entire section on one end, but only half at the other basket.  For some reason, the line to the locker rooms were a court and a half long. Don't really need to see the shower rooms unlike ZFB.

Seat leg room was excellent.  The cup holder was positioned lower to avoid the man spreading elbow of the lug in front of me dipping in my beer. I grabbed a section opposite the benches with shorter rows than the center section.  Leine's  Lodge right behind me. 

Scoreboard and digital excellent.  When does the season start?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 08:06:09 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #717 on: August 29, 2018, 07:38:54 PM »
One thing I’m interested in is how many single game tickets there will be available through the box office this year. Because of those white pieces of paper we’re showing the season tickets still left... there were certainly less than 200 by the time we left the stadium.

I am sure MU was showing their high priced inventory. They knew the waiting list already. No way they sold 18,000 season tickets pre-sale.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #718 on: August 29, 2018, 08:08:32 PM »
Just got back! Going to give my biggest pro & con of the new arena:

Pro: Sightlines from the lower bowl corners are lightyears ahead of the BC! Great vantage points.

Low: Legroom. As a 6'1 person with size 12 feet, I will still have to stand up everytime someone needs to get through. Upper level had even less room, my feet were touching the back of the seat in front of me. At least you get an incredible leg workout going up and down those steps!

Observation I haven't seen anyone else make: Even in the lower section, some seats have a cupholder built into the armrest, while some have the cupholder built into the seat in front of them. The armrest cupholders are surprisingly flimsy and don't look like they could hold an actual full cup of beer.

Don't mean to sound negative, the arena is obviously amazing! Just some notes :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 08:11:54 PM by DienerTime34 »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #719 on: August 29, 2018, 08:18:20 PM »
Funny .. I went through the metal detectors .. "had" to go through 3 times, removing my watch, my glasses, wallet and I finally got through.   The irony was .. I got green lights with my pocket knife still on me.  Nice job, security theater.

There's something about the Chaluparena .. it felt smaller, friendlier, less imposing than the BC.  It'll be like watching a game from a Land Rover.   Had they told us it had a noise dampening system, I'd have thought, well of course it does.

The Chaluparena staff were all amusingly friendly, like their lives depended on it.

My kids wanted to enter a suite .. they were locked.. so I tried scanning my ticket.  DING, access granted.   Could have raided the stocked mini-fridge, but did not.

BTW .. the scanners are running Windows 3.1 .. for reals:

There were indeed maybe ~300 lower bowl seats that could be purchased, including a couple dozen near mine .. again indicating points are no longer needed to buy decent seats.  Just cash.

I was really tempted to move our tickets from downstairs to upstairs so the announcer guy would have had to have broadcast "AAAAANDDDD we have a DOWNGRADE..." 

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #720 on: August 29, 2018, 08:50:32 PM »
Anyone else with upper deck seats kinda underwhelmed?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #721 on: August 29, 2018, 08:57:15 PM »

Observation I haven't seen anyone else make: Even in the lower section, some seats have a cupholder built into the armrest, while some have the cupholder built into the seat in front of them. The armrest cupholders are surprisingly flimsy and don't look like they could hold an actual full cup of beer.

The cup holders in the armrest are not the permanent seats. Seats removed for different stage set ups. Hockey, different concerts set ups, etc.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #722 on: August 29, 2018, 09:01:25 PM »
The inner bowl is outstanding.  The rest is rather industrial and antiseptic to me. Yeah, the special areas are nice, but most will never be part of it.  The skywalk is gonna be a major issue as most folks won’t be able to use it (it is a taxpayer supported venue).

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #723 on: August 29, 2018, 09:16:43 PM »
That is not true. All Marquette fans who park in the structure can use the skywalk.
-Bill Walton

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #724 on: August 29, 2018, 09:21:21 PM »
That is not true. All Marquette fans who park in the structure can use the skywalk.

Indeed, I don't understand.  We left via the skywalk and there are doors on Juneau that will let you into the parking structure.  We park nearby and figured it'd be nice to enter the parking structure and skywalk over in the winter.

feedback