Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 194126 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #500 on: July 28, 2018, 08:48:10 AM »
But .. points don't matter that much with the new stadium.

In prior years, seats filled up like you think they would.   Center sections filled up first, corners next.   Guys like you and me could NEVER sniff the 6 center sections when our timeslot came around. 

Right now?  There are dozens of seats available in 4 of the 6 center sections.  I just logged on .. Example, sec 116, one off center, rows 5,6,7,8 have a total of 40 seats available.   In years past?  Those prime seats would be LONG gone.

It's clear that a large amount of season ticket holders have decided to move back and pay less.    As more people figure that out, that as long as you can pay the ticket fee, you can sit in any section .. the desire/need to get points is going to plummet.

This.

It reminds me of the heady days when the then sweater vests were complaining about the adding of a point system at all. 'But I've been in these hoity toity seats since 1965.  Who cares that I've never given a dime to the university!  I'm entitled!'

I like and respect the fact that anyone can now buy their way in.  What MU is going to learn is if the pricing curve is too steep.  But they'll figure it all out in a year or two with the obvious goal being able to maximize STH revenue overall.  As before, chick and I remained center court, upper deck.  It's a price point/location we like.  But we did consider a 'Center 6' selection, probably for the first time.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #501 on: July 28, 2018, 09:13:45 AM »
Curious, why do sections behind the benches fill more quickly than those opposite the benches?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #502 on: July 28, 2018, 09:30:15 AM »
Curious, why do sections behind the benches fill more quickly than those opposite the benches?

Hobnobbing.  Sit by friends you have known for years.  Be an insider to Wojo's cuddles. 

The visitor bench has a bundle reserved, although I think they moved those seats over one this year.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #503 on: July 28, 2018, 09:44:12 AM »
Yes—visitors allotment is in sec 115.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #504 on: July 28, 2018, 09:51:24 AM »
This.

It reminds me of the heady days when the then sweater vests were complaining about the adding of a point system at all. 'But I've been in these hoity toity seats since 1965.  Who cares that I've never given a dime to the university!  I'm entitled!'

I like and respect the fact that anyone can now buy their way in.  What MU is going to learn is if the pricing curve is too steep.  But they'll figure it all out in a year or two with the obvious goal being able to maximize STH revenue overall.  As before, chick and I remained center court, upper deck.  It's a price point/location we like.  But we did consider a 'Center 6' selection, probably for the first time.

I think the question is did the athletic department knowingly price to maximize the number of STH at the expense of donations to the university? The practical effect of the pricing in combination with the tax changes are that donations to the university generally and the B&G fund specifically are going to dry up.

I think the idea of if you can pay for it you can get it is fine, but I question whether the university had the vision to see this happen. Seems very short term vs long term thinking
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #505 on: July 28, 2018, 09:53:32 AM »

So you can be on the kiss cam.

The cameras for that are on the opposite side.
Have some patience, FFS.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #506 on: July 28, 2018, 10:03:55 AM »

In prior years, seats filled up like you think they would.   Center sections filled up first, corners next.   Guys like you and me could NEVER sniff the 6 center sections when our timeslot came around. 

Right now?  There are dozens of seats available in 4 of the 6 center sections.  I just logged on .. Example, sec 116, one off center, rows 5,6,7,8 have a total of 40 seats available.   In years past?  Those prime seats would be LONG gone.

It's clear that a large amount of season ticket holders have decided to move back and pay less.    As more people figure that out, that as long as you can pay the ticket fee, you can sit in any section .. the desire/need to get points is going to plummet.

I wonder how much of the moving back is a function of the vast majority of season seat holders not being able to "preview" seats in person at the new arena.  We all were essentially picking blind, and maybe people want to be more cautious the first year until they get a feel for the seating, sightlines, amenities, etc.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 02:44:55 PM by ChuckyChip »

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #507 on: July 28, 2018, 10:30:34 AM »
Sections 117, 118, 106 & 105 are all gone. Many premium seats that were open on Wednesday are gone.  Sections 116 & 107 still have some left.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #508 on: July 28, 2018, 10:36:02 AM »

So you can be on the kiss cam.

The cameras for that are on the opposite side.
The kiss cam has been gone for two seasons.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #509 on: July 28, 2018, 10:42:22 AM »
The kiss cam has been gone for two seasons.

It was a JOKE brother!  ::)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #510 on: July 28, 2018, 11:03:57 AM »
But .. points don't matter that much with the new stadium...

Depends on your goals. I like the corners. What I'd like is to get down into those closer rows. In the 30 minutes before I selected, rows 12 & 13 closed. Points will still help chip into that, especially when I'll be holding my tickets for at least the next 15 years or so.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

BossplayaOtto

• All American
« Reply #511 on: July 28, 2018, 11:41:01 AM »
4 tix in Section 115 Row 16. Was hoping to get something a bit better, between the baselines, as there was inventory when I started previewing seats 90 minutes before my selection time, but all those seats were gobbled up before I picked.

Oh well, saved some money moving to the corner, so now we can go to the NIT Season Kickoff at Barclays ;D

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #512 on: July 28, 2018, 12:21:33 PM »

How are you able to see seat availability after you picked?  I can't get back there.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #513 on: July 28, 2018, 01:56:54 PM »
How are you able to see seat availability after you picked?  I can't get back there.

Long story short .. we get tickets with another couple.   You're supposed to sign up as a "group" which both of us did, indicating a leader family.   Marquette didn't process this .. so the other family got 4 tickets all under their account (while on the phone w/MU).   

Eventually, MU will move two seats to our account, but in the meantime, I can log in because it thinks I need to pick 2.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #514 on: July 28, 2018, 02:08:34 PM »
205 Row 2.

QPSS70

• Walk-On
« Reply #515 on: July 28, 2018, 03:06:01 PM »

With the parking structure on the northwest side of the building and hearing the shuttle buses will drop off and pick-up on Juneau (I hope now that's correct), we opted to move cross court behind the benches this year. 

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #516 on: July 28, 2018, 03:23:59 PM »
Correct. The site is closed after you pick.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #517 on: July 28, 2018, 03:48:29 PM »
Mr. Nielsen——do you know when the last season ticket holders pick? Is it done now? Daughter is becoming first time STH, so she has 0 points, but she should pick tomorrow—I think.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 05:13:53 PM by We R Final Four »

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #518 on: July 28, 2018, 04:07:53 PM »
Mr. Nielsen——do you know when the last s adon ticket holders pick? Is it done now? Daughter is becoming first time STH, so she has 0 points, but she should pick tomorrow—I think.
I believe it ends at 5pm today. 700 accounts go on Saturday. Two accounts every minute. So, fast pace on Saturday. Not sure how long it is on Sunday. I have a co-worker who picks at 10:30am on Sunday.

Where is she planning on going? Tons of seats in the $275 section, in section 217 & 218. Seems that some have went from the upper deck of the BC to the lowers to the Fiserv Forum.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 04:11:58 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #519 on: July 28, 2018, 04:15:38 PM »
Mr. Nielsen——do you know when the last s adon ticket holders pick? Is it done now? Daughter is becoming first time STH, so she has 0 points, but she should pick tomorrow—I think.

My advice would be for you to just put her on your account and use your points. It's what my brother and I have done on our dad's account. Boosted our selves up some 80 points.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #520 on: July 28, 2018, 05:14:59 PM »
Thank you--we will explore all available options.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #521 on: July 28, 2018, 07:16:29 PM »
My advice would be for you to just put her on your account and use your points. It's what my brother and I have done on our dad's account. Boosted our selves up some 80 points.

Bear in mind that MU points cannot be transferred. So when your dad stops buying tickets, that's it.

It may be worth having an account of her own to build some points, even if she buys one seat that goes unused.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #522 on: July 28, 2018, 07:32:14 PM »
I'm a STH from last year with 21 points. I go tomorrow at 11:30

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #523 on: July 28, 2018, 08:55:02 PM »
Bear in mind that MU points cannot be transferred. So when your dad stops buying tickets, that's it.

It may be worth having an account of her own to build some points, even if she buys one seat that goes unused.

When that time comes I'll continue to buy them on his account. Marquette won't know who bought em   ;D

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #524 on: July 28, 2018, 11:01:56 PM »
So reseating is just about done.  It seems everyone is generally happy with their selection.  True?

Guru, where did you wind up?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 11:08:56 PM by Dr. Blackheart »