Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 194133 times)

DienerTime34

• All American
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #475 on: July 27, 2018, 12:53:48 PM »
I just did my selection and wasn't expecting the additional $160 Service Fee.  I don't remember that from past years.  First, the $125 seats somehow became $132 in the system, and then the service fee made them $172 each.  Oh well, I still think its an good deal for MU tickets.  Anyone know who the service fee goes to?  MU, Bucks or Ticketmaster?

Directly into Wes Edens' pocket.

MU Buff

• Starter
« Reply #476 on: July 27, 2018, 12:55:35 PM »
After you select your seats, you are asked to prioritize what is most important among 4 choices, including being on the aisle and being closest to center court (I don't remember the other two).

Since they don't ask specifically whether you would want to move back to get the aisle, I assume they stick with the row you picked and go from there on your choices.

Sounds to me that if you want to make sure you get an aisle, you should choose a row that has fewer than 4 seats already taken.

Do you remember if they asked an open-ended question so guru could state his preferences more clearly?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 12:57:15 PM by CornMeehl »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #477 on: July 27, 2018, 01:03:21 PM »
Do you remember if they asked an open-ended question so guru could state his preferences more clearly?

There was a box for additional comments after you prioritized the 4 options.

Have some patience, FFS.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #478 on: July 27, 2018, 01:39:54 PM »
I just did my selection and wasn't expecting the additional $160 Service Fee.  I don't remember that from past years.  First, the $125 seats somehow became $132 in the system, and then the service fee made them $172 each.  Oh well, I still think its an good deal for MU tickets.  Anyone know who the service fee goes to?  MU, Bucks or Ticketmaster?

How many was that for? (I'm up in 10 minutes)
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #479 on: July 27, 2018, 01:42:01 PM »
It's a $2 per ticket and game arena fee. Same as the Bradley Center.

So, one seat is $40. Two seats $80. Four seats $160 and so on.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #480 on: July 27, 2018, 01:55:16 PM »
Purchase complete. Went with Section 115, Row 14. Was hoping for rows 12 or 13, but both sold their last 4 seats within 30 minutes of me picking. Considered the sections next to the students, but have been looking forward to finally not having my view obstructed by the hoop, and sections 104/108/115/119 seemed best for that.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #481 on: July 27, 2018, 02:01:43 PM »
I've been eyeing those sections as well. When I went on the tour, I took a fast look from those area's. The view from the concourse for those sections was outstanding!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 02:10:47 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

fjm

• All American
« Reply #482 on: July 27, 2018, 02:12:06 PM »
Damn. I need to decide between $275's and $150's for tickets. As long as I can get farthest toward center court in 275$, that's my pick. If not I may as well go new grad with $150

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #483 on: July 27, 2018, 02:12:12 PM »
Woohoo, proud new owner of seats in 104. Big East Champs here we come!

muguru

• All American
« Reply #484 on: July 27, 2018, 02:47:39 PM »
By the way, why is there no panoramic view to at least be able to see the view from the seats, or am i just missing it??  ?-(
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #485 on: July 27, 2018, 02:56:28 PM »
By the way, why is there no panoramic view to at least be able to see the view from the seats, or am i just missing it??  ?-(
There should be a view when you click on the row. Depends if you are in chrome or not. Otherwise just to the 3D map to view.
-Bill Walton

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #486 on: July 27, 2018, 03:04:14 PM »
How many was that for? (I'm up in 10 minutes)

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #487 on: July 27, 2018, 03:06:00 PM »
Row A section 221 or Row C section 222?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #488 on: July 27, 2018, 03:08:50 PM »
I would pick row 1 in 221
-Bill Walton

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #489 on: July 27, 2018, 03:08:57 PM »
I'd go first row, but that's just me.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #490 on: July 27, 2018, 03:10:48 PM »
There should be a view when you click on the row. Depends if you are in chrome or not. Otherwise just to the 3D map to view.
The viewer worked for me in Chrome and Safari, but not in Explorer.

BTW, looking at the viewer, it looked like there were cup holders in the lower level, but not in the upper deck.  Is that true?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #491 on: July 27, 2018, 03:25:56 PM »

BTW, looking at the viewer, it looked like there were cup holders in the lower level, but not in the upper deck.  Is that true?
I had to look at the pictures I took on the tour. I see cup holders in the upper deck.
-Bill Walton

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #492 on: July 27, 2018, 03:58:02 PM »

I was able to see it on my desktop using Firefox and also on my iPhone in Safari.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #493 on: July 27, 2018, 04:18:53 PM »
Purchase complete. Went with Section 115, Row 14.

So .. I think we're in Row 18, 4 rows behind you if I remember our section as 115. 

The way I looked at it, row 14 was +$250 more (on top of the +$300 to retain corner seats) to be lower than row 18.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #494 on: July 27, 2018, 04:37:35 PM »
2 seats - Sec 120 Row 19

I was in 219 Row P for 20 years, I feel like I got comparable seats for essentially the same cost.  Biggest selling point is I share an aisle with the student section.  That's a must for me.

Also picked up 2 seats in Row 1 of 227.  Those were $290 per with no donation fee.  Seemed like a great deal to be 1st row and they're right above my lower level seats.  I can't justify buying 4 or 5 lowers despite having 3 kids but this way it gives us some flexibility if the whole family can make a game. 

I picked yesterday afternoon.  I feel like I definitely could have upgraded seats if I wanted to.  Lots of inventory available.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #495 on: July 27, 2018, 06:39:37 PM »
The viewer worked for me in Chrome and Safari, but not in Explorer.

Who uses IE anymore???
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #496 on: July 27, 2018, 06:53:27 PM »
Who uses IE anymore???
I do at work.  :)
-Bill Walton

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #497 on: July 27, 2018, 08:54:40 PM »
So .. I think we're in Row 18, 4 rows behind you if I remember our section as 115. 

The way I looked at it, row 14 was +$250 more (on top of the +$300 to retain corner seats) to be lower than row 18.

I was between Row 14, Row 19, and Section 114, Row 11. A big part of the decision was the donation and points. Figured that to maximize my points, it's best to be in multiples of $500 to get the immediate $100 points each year and the $250 points that carry forward. The way I figured it, whether I went for the $710 donation in Row 19 or the $800 donation in Row 14, I would probably end up bringing my total donation to $1,000 come March or so. Once I factored out the $90, the $160 difference seemed worth it for 5 rows. We'll see, though, I could easily see sliding back a few in the future if the view difference is negligible.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #498 on: July 27, 2018, 11:44:21 PM »
After you select your seats, you are asked to prioritize what is most important among 4 choices, including being on the aisle and being closest to center court (I don't remember the other two).

Since they don't ask specifically whether you would want to move back to get the aisle, I assume they stick with the row you picked and go from there on your choices.

Sounds to me that if you want to make sure you get an aisle, you should choose a row that has fewer than 4 seats already taken.
I believe that is exactly the case, because the preferences of the highest point total is going to be honored first. After I was done making my reseating choice, I decided I may of made a mistake. I selected two seats in row 11, when only four seats were still available.  I should of picked row 12, which had a lot of seats available. Personally I want the center seats, which is what I have had the last two years. I have sat on the aisle and I do not know why anyone would want those seats. You have to get up and down a lot of times as people do not seem to come to game on time or come back in time for start of second half. I also had my viewed blocked by people going up and down the aisle. There was a family across the aisle a few rows down who would always leave early. They would stand up and take a long time to put their coats on before they left their seats. They never considered that they were blocking other peoples view of the game. Sitting in the center seems to remedy all of these irritations. My two preference selections were the center seats and no aisle seats. Not likely, but if everyone else selects no aisles seats in row 11, I could be stuck with aisle seats.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #499 on: July 28, 2018, 08:26:27 AM »
I was between Row 14, Row 19, and Section 114, Row 11. A big part of the decision was the donation and points. Figured that to maximize my points...

But .. points don't matter that much with the new stadium.

In prior years, seats filled up like you think they would.   Center sections filled up first, corners next.   Guys like you and me could NEVER sniff the 6 center sections when our timeslot came around. 

Right now?  There are dozens of seats available in 4 of the 6 center sections.  I just logged on .. Example, sec 116, one off center, rows 5,6,7,8 have a total of 40 seats available.   In years past?  Those prime seats would be LONG gone.

It's clear that a large amount of season ticket holders have decided to move back and pay less.    As more people figure that out, that as long as you can pay the ticket fee, you can sit in any section .. the desire/need to get points is going to plummet.