[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NCAA investigations cont.  (Read 96607 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: NCAA investigations cont.
« Reply #375 on: August 20, 2021, 02:35:14 PM »
Really bad look for Buzz.

He doesn't seem to mind messing with others' "happy."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #376 on: August 20, 2021, 03:05:32 PM »
He got whacked hard?  A two game suspension?  Pretty much escaped all blame while his assistant got the axe.

This time a coach who had been connected to Buzz for 15 years. Since his days at UNO.

Who was the assistant?  Jamie McNeilly?  Didn't he recently leave for Minnesota? 

And you wonder if the TeamCoachBuzz wheels will eventually come off.  He's gone through a massive roster overhaul, which seems to be pretty standard these days, but guys with his type of personality don't tend to soften with age or change their ways. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #377 on: August 20, 2021, 03:41:15 PM »
Who was the assistant?  Jamie McNeilly?  Didn't he recently leave for Minnesota? 

And you wonder if the TeamCoachBuzz wheels will eventually come off.  He's gone through a massive roster overhaul, which seems to be pretty standard these days, but guys with his type of personality don't tend to soften with age or change their ways. 

Mc Neilly is at TCU but yeah he’s the guy that got tossed.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #379 on: August 20, 2021, 03:59:34 PM »

Yep. It will be interesting to see if he rebounds (no pun intended) somewhere else if he leaves TAMU either by his choice or (more likely) theirs.

Edit: Imagine Buzz getting replaced by Wojo. Won't happen but its fun to picture it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 05:11:42 PM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #380 on: August 20, 2021, 04:15:41 PM »
What Buzz did was a misdemeanor compared to North Carolina's phantom classes. But Buzz gets whacked hard, sent to the corner and ordered to wear a dunce cap while North Carolina receives a Get out of Jail Free card.

No wonder most rationale people think of the NCAA as a bull*hit organization.

Buzz is a phony, a dirtbag.  Time for some Buzz’s Kids profiles
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #381 on: August 20, 2021, 04:24:04 PM »

I believe he’s referred to as the downhome lonesome cowboy in these parts.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #382 on: August 21, 2021, 01:47:20 PM »
Well, this explains the separation between Buzz and McNeilly, who have been inseparable for fifteen years.  With Jamie's recruiting connections, it was surprising to see him downgrade to a program like TCU (I seem to recall he was close to getting hired at Minnesota, but maybe this is what stopped that).

Buzz does best when he has a legitimate, or perceived, chip on his shoulder. It will be easy for him to sell his audience (and himself) of others expecting him to fail. I do wonder, given the first two years, if fails to meet expectations at A&M.  He has at least two more years before a change is considered IMO.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #383 on: August 21, 2021, 05:13:33 PM »
Well, this explains the separation between Buzz and McNeilly, who have been inseparable for fifteen years.  With Jamie's recruiting connections, it was surprising to see him downgrade to a program like TCU (I seem to recall he was close to getting hired at Minnesota, but maybe this is what stopped that).

Buzz does best when he has a legitimate, or perceived, chip on his shoulder. It will be easy for him to sell his audience (and himself) of others expecting him to fail. I do wonder, given the first two years, if fails to meet expectations at A&M.  He has at least two more years before a change is considered IMO.

I would have bet on Buzz at A&M, but he seems at a crossroads there right now.  I think the seat starts getting warm after this year if there isn’t significant improvement, and definitely agree in two years it will be.  This will be interesting. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #384 on: August 21, 2021, 07:42:40 PM »
As was said when Bazz took the TAMU job, the poster TAMU’s job became much more interesting/busy.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #385 on: August 21, 2021, 08:56:50 PM »

The report didn’t say who the players/recruits in question were, but I suspect the numerous off-season workouts, etc. may have been with Cashius McNeilly, who is Jamie’s nephew (and followed him to TCU).  Probably a case where family ties, especially during a pandemic, didn’t mesh well with NCAA regulations.

Either way, it seems A&M fans are getting restless- this isn’t VT, where all he had to do was not be the absolute worst.  They’re going to compare him to Beard, and that’s tough to live up to.  I also think there’s enough Googleable info out there that his schtick won’t fly with players as well as it used to, so I could see him being particularly rocked by transfers every year.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #386 on: August 21, 2021, 09:21:26 PM »
If there was one person on A&M's campus that was probably excited about Texas coming to the SEC, it is Buzz.  Now he spin the underdog narrative to a whole new level (despite A&M having some of best resources in the SEC).

Viper

• All American
« Reply #387 on: August 21, 2021, 11:37:47 PM »
…you givin’ back that Sweet 16, Sweet 16, Elite 8 run?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #388 on: August 22, 2021, 12:01:23 AM »
Either way, it seems A&M fans are getting restless- this isn’t VT, where all he had to do was not be the absolute worst.  They’re going to compare him to Beard, and that’s tough to live up to.  I also think there’s enough Googleable info out there that his schtick won’t fly with players as well as it used to, so I could see him being particularly rocked by transfers every year.

I think it's amusing you think A&M has a passionate basketball following. Pretty much all he needs to do is stay out of the papers and pray that the football team continues to miss the playoffs so that all of the Boosters/alumni/students ire is focused on Jimbo.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #389 on: August 22, 2021, 12:16:56 PM »
…you givin’ back that Sweet 16, Sweet 16, Elite 8 run?

Sure. I didn’t watch any of the last two runs.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #390 on: August 22, 2021, 01:20:34 PM »
I think it's amusing you think A&M has a passionate basketball following. Pretty much all he needs to do is stay out of the papers and pray that the football team continues to miss the playoffs so that all of the Boosters/alumni/students ire is focused on Jimbo.
This is much of the case across the SEC. Three kids from a family we know who attend Alabama could not tell me the name of their basketball coach.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #391 on: December 10, 2021, 05:41:56 PM »
The Auburn investigation is complete after 4 years of thorough analysis and investigation.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3397677/baby-steps-it-only-took-four-years-for-the-ncaa-to-investigate-auburn-basketball-and-completely-embarrass-itself

The NCAA is a f*cking joke.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #392 on: March 26, 2022, 03:21:39 PM »

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #393 on: March 26, 2022, 03:24:49 PM »
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33602300/memphis-men-basketball-team-facing-multiple-ncaa-violations

If this ends up similar to Arizona, LSU, etc, Memphis will be fine.

Minus penny and Wade. Miller had a scape goat in his assistant.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #394 on: March 26, 2022, 03:44:33 PM »

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #395 on: March 26, 2022, 05:12:22 PM »
Not to pile on Memphis, but honestly what did they think was going to happen hiring a head coach with zero NCAA coaching experience, that had "strong" AAU connections, that sought one-and-done players and also hired Larry Brown as an assistant coach? 

The Wiseman situation alone was enough to reveal Memphis and Penny was reverting back to former questionable methods.  The reality that an NCAA investigation revealed much more is hardly surprising. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #396 on: March 27, 2022, 02:21:48 PM »
When do Kansas’s penalties come down?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #397 on: March 27, 2022, 04:17:19 PM »

Summer 2030

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #398 on: March 27, 2022, 06:23:54 PM »
Seems like forever.

Its been a bad look for everyone. The NCAA looks inept, KU looks like it embraces cheating and I know KU alums who are tired of the jokes because they know about and admit KU cheated. It reminds me of Arizona fans admitting no amount of wins are worth the cloud of allegations and the ultimate penalties. My KU booster friend has been ready to move on because he knows KU is way bigger than Self.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #399 on: March 27, 2022, 06:57:55 PM »
Seems like forever.

Its been a bad look for everyone. The NCAA looks inept, KU looks like it embraces cheating and I know KU alums who are tired of the jokes because they know about and admit KU cheated. It reminds me of Arizona fans admitting no amount of wins are worth the cloud of allegations and the ultimate penalties. My KU booster friend has been ready to move on because he knows KU is way bigger than Self.

The wind are absolutely worth it. The NCAA punishments are a joke.