'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Cheer for TC tonight?  (Read 8618 times)

Badgerhater920

• Starter
Cheer for TC tonight?
« on: February 19, 2009, 10:39:29 AM »
In tonight's UW @ IU matchup on ESPN, that might as well feature Satan playing one on one against himself, and will inevitably have a final score in the 40's or 50's...I think we cheer for Crean. It would knock Bucky out of the tourney field. Who's with me?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Cheer for TC tonight?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 10:44:42 AM »
In tonight's UW @ IU matchup on ESPN, that might as well feature Satan playing one on one against himself, and will inevitably have a final score in the 40's or 50's...I think we cheer for Crean. It would knock Bucky out of the tourney field. Who's with me?

As long as we play UW during the season I have to root for them to play well.  I hope TC loses and UW does all it can to boos out SoS before tourney time.  The last thing we need is one of our tougher non-conference wins to end up looking like a cupcake.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 10:45:44 AM »
I know we hate Bucky, but don't we want them to win?  With the way Tennessee has been losing, we need some extra help to boost that OOC schedule.

I wasn't trying to echo the thoughts of Skatastrophy. I guess I just don't type fast enough....
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 10:46:08 AM »
My hope would be for a tie.  But since IU already has one more win than I wanted them to have in Big 11 play and we beat WI, I would assume give this one to Bucky....RPI, etc.

Carl Spackler

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 11:07:28 AM »
The RPI impact is meaningless.  The key is that i hate all things UW-Madison Sports.  that trumpts any feelings either way for the former coach. 

go hoosiers.  2 wins the little11 woo hoo!!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 11:15:11 AM »
Better yet, don't even watch the game.
SS Marquette

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 11:22:18 AM »
For me, my hatred of the badgers is trumped by my contempt for he-who-must-remain-nameless.

"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 11:25:31 AM »
If MU does its job in the next 5 games, our OOC schedule is meaningless.

I grew up cheering for a different Little 11 team.  It's always good to hate bucky and wish for them to be crushed.  When IU wins we can all chip in and buy TC a banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 11:29:38 AM »
I was a Bob Knight fan and my wife is a big Hoosier fan so I have generally rooted for IU.   I forgave TC long ago.   No brainer.   Go IU!   Try to score in the 40's!
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 11:33:06 AM »
First team to 42 wins!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 11:41:13 AM »
I will be rooting for Wisconsin for the first time in my life this evening,  not that I can stand to watch that game, but I will look for the score and hope Wisconsin destroys IU.  In the Big Ten that would be scoring 50 points and winning by 7.

DoubleMU0609

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 11:43:22 AM »
First team to 42 wins!

That's like saying the first team to 100 wins in a regular game.  More like first team to get into double digits wins.  A lead of 10-6 would be insurmountable in a game like this.

nola03

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 11:47:13 AM »
I know we hate Bucky, but don't we want them to win?  With the way Tennessee has been losing, we need some extra help to boost that OOC schedule.

Even if Wisconsin gets in the NCAAs they'll be no higher then a 8 seed as a mediocre team from the Big Ten. Not sure why that should raise our profile. Our non-con schedule is still weak and the number won't change that much based on a mediocre team sneaking in.

Besides, our reputation will be based on what we accomplish starting Saturday until March 7th. At this point, a loss on a last second shot in Pittsburgh is probably more valuable for our rep then the win over Wisconsin in early December.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 11:51:40 AM »
Have to root for Wisconsin, since we played them and if effects our SOS/RPI.  A loss to a garbage team like IU would be a blow to that.  If nothing was on the line for us, I wouldn't root for anyone. 
And, as an aside, do you think they can just burn Assembly Hall (UofI) and salt the earth afterwards after that disgusting, 5th grade, CYO league level ineptitude on display last night?!?  38-33 FINAL!!?!  Wow is the BigTen awful.  I think most BE teams could play blindfolded and score 33.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 11:59:15 AM »
I will be rooting for Madison for the first time in a very very very very long time. I hope the Tan One chokes on his Diet Coke.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Badgerhater920

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 12:36:01 PM »
I just can't possibly cheer for Wisconsin in any circumstance. I'm sorry. Also, I'd rather watch Sex in the City than this game.  Or a completely blank TV for 2 hours.

Jackson_Downer

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 12:40:04 PM »
I will be publicly cheering for the Badgers and secretly hoping for the stadium to collapse.
"Nice helmet!"
"Actually, it's not a helmet, it's a hairmet.  You see, it's got extra room in it so you don't mess up your hairdo."
"I'm going to write you a prescription for two testicles, you get it filled whenever."

-Scrubs

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 12:47:06 PM »
First team to 42 wins!
Illinois and Penn State proved last night that it's first team to 34.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Badgerhater920

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 12:56:54 PM »
Those of you planning on cheering for Bucky just consider a few things please.

1 No Marquette fan should ever cheer for Wisconsin. Am I wrong???

2.) Forget about what Crean did to us for a second. We are doing just fine with Buzz. Not only have we been around the top 10 for the majority of the year, we have 3 top 70 recruits as well as a top JUCO player coming in next year. Not to mention Big Red. But we know all of this.

3.) A loss for Wisconsin is far more hurtful than a loss for Indiana would be. For Indiana, its just another day. For Wisconsin, it knocks them out of the field and puts them sqaure near the bottom of the bubble. Forget about RPI, any time Bo doesn't make the tourney, all MU fans should rejoice.

4) In any case, I think we can all agree the best scenario would be a natural disaster.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 12:58:14 PM »
As long as we play UW during the season I have to root for them to play well.  I hope TC loses and UW does all it can to boos out SoS before tourney time.  The last thing we need is one of our tougher non-conference wins to end up looking like a cupcake.
I only care about MU. UW not making the tourney only diminishes that W for us, and we don't want that. We want our resume to include Ws over tourney-caliber teams.
We Are Marquette

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 01:10:29 PM »
Badgerhater's points made me think of one more:

Wiscy not making it to the big dance this year (if that happens) should help *a little* with in-state recruiting (view: a regressing Wisconsin program), no?
SS Marquette

reinko

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 01:14:34 PM »
The over/under is 123.5!

Wish I was in Vegas.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 01:16:46 PM »
The over/under is 123.5!

Wish I was in Vegas.

Who needs vegas.

www.bodoglife.com
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Badgerhater920

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 01:24:09 PM »
Badgerhater's points made me think of one more:

Wiscy not making it to the big dance this year (if that happens) should help *a little* with in-state recruiting (view: a regressing Wisconsin program), no?

+1. Tubby's recruiting in the Big 10/that area also hurts UW alot. I don't want to sound like a bad fan in ignoring that Wisco's success can help our SOS, quality wins, RPI, resume, etc. I just think it would be far more worth it to see Bucky fail.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 01:45:33 PM »
F'em Bucky, On Wisconsin!
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback