[Today at 03:27:33 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 03:22:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 12:46:07 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jim Boeheim and Rick Pitino Each Think the Other Is 'Full of [Expletive]' Read  (Read 2328 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Jim Boeheim and Rick Pitino Each Think the Other Is 'Full of [Expletive]'

http://www.nesn.com/2012/10/jim-boheim-and-rick-pitino-each-think-the-other-is-full-of-expletive.html

Thank goodness Syracuse and Louisville still have one more season in the Big East together. Following Tuesday's media day, we need to see those two programs clash at least one more time, thanks to their veteran head coaches.

Syracuse's Jim Boeheim and Louisville's Rick Pitino used the conference's media day to get after each other a little bit, and go figure, conference realignment was at the center of the slapfight.

Boeheim fired the first real salvo when he was told of some of Pitino's recent comments. The Louisville head coach recently said that Memphis and Temple would be able to replace Syracuse and Pitt in the Big East, with the Orange and Panthers bound for the ACC.

"Rick's full of s--- if that's what he really said," Boeheim told reporters, according to ZagsBlog.com. "If he was in the Big 12 right now like he wanted to be, he'd be saying the Big 12 is the best. That's the bottom line."

"The only thing I'll say about what Rick said all summer is that if Louisville could have left they would have left," Boeheim added. "Everybody knows it and I'm really tired of him saying what Syracuse should be or should have done done because they would have left in a heartbeat. Everybody knows it. I don't mind him denying the fact, but when they start talking about Syracuse, I'm going to start talking about them."

Louisville was reportedly interested in jumping the sinking ship that is the Big East in favor of the Big 12. Instead, West Virginia was offered the invite, which the school obviously jumped at. Now, Pitino and Louisville is left to fend for itself in a dying Big East, which Temple and Memphis will join in 2013.

"If you think those schools are better than Syracuse," Boeheim added, according to ZagsBlog.com, "then you don't know what you're talking about and I think Rick's smarter than that. At least I thought it was."

Pitino, never shy about offering his opinion, jumped at the chance to respond in an interview with SNY. "I think [Boeheim's] full of s---, and so we're both full of it," he told the network's website, with a reported smile.

"I think without a question Temple and Memphis ... Look, we're going to miss Syracuse because they bring more than just a team. They bring the fans and Memphis and Temple can't do that."

However, Pitino went on to say that on the court, both Temple and Memphis will compete in the Big East, before reiterating his main point.

"I think [Boeheim] is full of s---. I've worked with Jim. I don't always agree with him."

Louisville will host Syracuse on Jan. 19 before the Cardinals head to the Carrier Dome on March 2, with both scheduled for national broadcasts.

JD

• All American
I hate to say it but Jim is right.  Slick Rick is full of S**t.
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

79Warrior

• All American
I hate to say it but Jim is right.  Slick Rick is full of S**t.

how about the pot calling the kettle black. They are both full of it.

tower912

• All American
They 're both right.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Louisville is left to fend for itself in a dying Big East, which Temple and Memphis will join in 2013.

Damn, I guess that nobody Temple and Memphis they were climbing into a casket.  Truthfully, I think that its Mike Cole of NESN who is full of crap.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Jim's gonna retire soon. Rick maybe later.

This spat is about them. The alignment is all about the schools and not their current basketball gods.
SS Marquette

T-Bone

• All American
As of now, I'd rather have a Pitino full of crap than a Boeheim. 
Pitino's been consistently sticking up for the league.  Boeheim's running away (was it he that said he'd retire if their team left the BE?  I thought there was someone - either him or Calhoun).
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.