[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Fortunately we're not doomed this year  (Read 4791 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Mayor McCheese

• All American
Re: Fortunately we're not doomed this year
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 05:31:49 PM »
actually the term Global Warming I believe is misleading, because the fact is the earth won't warm, in fact one of its main problems is the freezing of England and other coastal European countries, from breaking off the gulf stream in the Atlantic with cold ice cap water that has melted and flown down the Atlantic.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 10:19:49 PM »
I thought I had recently heard that the other planets in the solar system have also been experiencing a warming trend, similar to the one we're having. I wonder if we're responsible for that too....  ::)

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 07:27:09 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out how the glaciers melted. I'm not sure, but I don't think the SUV was invented yet.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 09:19:54 AM »
no but cows were.. or at least their ancestors were...
livestock in general produce about 80 million metric tons of methane per year.. and methane is around 21 times more effective than carbon dioxide at trapping heat in the atmosphere. ;)
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 08:17:17 PM »

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 09:12:10 PM »
If anyone cares, that thing just reminded me that I just bought a book for my daughter called The Sky is Not Falling. It is written for 8-13 year olds, and presents the counter argument to that which they seem to be receiving everywhere else. I haven't really read it yet, but it does point out things like the inconvenient truth that the earth is billions of years old, and changing constantly, and man's time here is but a blip. You know, pesky little details like that. A couple hundred years of statistical data is really powerful stuff, relative to the fact that where the Rocky Mountains now stand, used to be ocean - twice! Yet, some people have the audacity to claim that they know what the normal temperature for the earth should be, and man is causing that temperature to fluctuate. Seems reasonable.

http://www.amazon.com/Skys-Not-Falling-Global-Warming/dp/0976726947/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204168300&sr=8-1

feedback