[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ken Howard dead  (Read 4758 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Ken Howard dead
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2016, 07:52:05 PM »
My first football game:

Glow still has one of these in his underwear drawer.
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2016, 07:54:59 PM »
This was the billiards table at the Warriorchick childhood home:

Have some patience, FFS.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2016, 11:40:24 PM »
man, you guys are really old.  had a friend who could basically build these with some copper wire and a couple of soup cans or something.   

Image result for atari ping pong
don't...don't don't don't don't

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2016, 10:45:42 AM »
Man, we had some crappy games back in the day, and I loved them.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2016, 01:47:29 PM »
Man, we had some crappy games back in the day, and I loved them.

Our generation was the transition from board games governed by dice and cards to electronic platforms managed by algorithms.

The board games were far more sophisticated than those early electronic platforms. But the world was never turning back.

Death on call

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2016, 03:39:09 PM »
Our generation was the transition from board games governed by dice and cards to electronic platforms managed by algorithms.

The board games were far more sophisticated than those early electronic platforms. But the world was never turning back.

(For the record, I'm younger than a lot of you old folks on this board... although I do fall into Generation X...)

Strat-o-Matic was my early go-to (holy crap, just looked them up and they are still making CARD GAMES!!!)... but I moved to Pursue the Pennant at some point... recently tossed the game and a couple thousand hand-scored scorecards... as well as manually-calculated weekly and monthly summaries...

What a weird effin kid I was.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2016, 04:09:33 PM »
(For the record, I'm younger than a lot of you old folks on this board... although I do fall into Generation X...)

Strat-o-Matic was my early go-to (holy crap, just looked them up and they are still making CARD GAMES!!!)... but I moved to Pursue the Pennant at some point... recently tossed the game and a couple thousand hand-scored scorecards... as well as manually-calculated weekly and monthly summaries...

What a weird effin kid "adult" I was am.

My first exposure to Strat-O-Matic was in McCormick. We had a league that went both semesters. We kept score and posted standings and statistics since we allowed trades. I think about how much energy and brain power went into that and we could have cured cancer.

And yes, it was all done manually on graph paper and taped on the TV Lounge glass walls.

I remember waiting for the vator with a gal who needed to leave as we approached curfew and she was looking over all of those notes. When I explained what it was about she made some comment about guys being weird.

Death on call

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2016, 06:03:57 PM »
  "I remember waiting for the vator with a gal who needed to leave as we approached curfew"

i'm sure just a little last minute crammin before the big calc exam-HEYHEYHEYN'a!!

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2016, 08:18:41 AM »
  "I remember waiting for the vator with a gal who needed to leave as we approached curfew"

i'm sure just a little last minute crammin before the big calc exam-HEYHEYHEYN'a!!

Why, actually, yes. Why else would one invite a coed to one's room in an all-male freshmen dorm other than to review notes prior to a Physics test?

Death on call

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2016, 03:04:41 PM »

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2016, 04:18:36 PM »
White Shadow on FS1
http://www.foxsports.com/presspass/latestnews/2016/03/29/fs1-s-white-shadow-marathon-

Man, reading those episode synopses reminded me why that was such a great show.  Interesting subject matter in every episode....
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2016, 06:24:51 PM »
Best baseball game on NES.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2016, 08:39:39 PM »
Best baseball game on NES.

Intellivision, baby.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6L1sWZCeCgw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6L1sWZCeCgw</a>
Have some patience, FFS.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2016, 08:43:49 PM »
I love how a tribute to a man's passing has devolved into a catalog of games from a by-gone era!

Death on call

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2016, 09:10:22 PM »
I love how a tribute to a man's passing has devolved into a catalog of games from a by-gone era!

I thought that was how ken wanted to be remembered...btw keefe, on my iPad, when I blow-up or expand on your uniform hanging there, you missed some spittle bout half way down the front, or is that Mac n cheese with a Guinness chaser

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2016, 01:13:42 AM »
I thought that was how ken wanted to be remembered...btw keefe, on my iPad, when I blow-up or expand on your uniform hanging there, you missed some spittle bout half way down the front, or is that Mac n cheese with a Guinness chaser

Death on call

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2016, 07:52:12 AM »
Actually, that is from the posthumous Silver Star award ceremony for SrA Mark Forester who was killed in Afghanistan trying to save a bro.

The chair is symbolic of the Missing Man. I knew Forester. He was a damn good man.

+1,000,000 

Silver Star: Awarded 15 June 2012 for actions on 29 September 2010
Bronze Star with Valor:   6 August 2010
Purple Heart:   29 September 2010

words will not describe my...what a man!  his actions are all that is needed to know of what he was made of, what he stood for and the family/friends he left behind-God bless

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2016, 08:05:17 AM »
Now that, I played the hell out of. That's all I played on long car trips.

I've still got that game and the Baseball version too.  My wife got them for me years ago.  My kids don't "get it."  And those things were expensive.  I remember when Football 2 (the green one) came out (with passing!) it was like $45.  And that was in the 70s.

Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2016, 08:17:29 AM »
Man, reading those episode synopses reminded me why that was such a great show.  Interesting subject matter in every episode....

We watched it all the time, and I remember being a huge fan, but most of my memories of it have faded to the point of vague recollection.  The one episode that I most remember was the one that was based on the Rudy T/Kermit Washington punch.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.