collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: US postal service  (Read 33504 times)

MUBurrow

• All American
Re: US postal service
« Reply #200 on: August 12, 2020, 11:13:19 AM »
Except that is the plan. Once people start complaining about slow delivery, it will give these people more ammunition to demand privatization.

Yeah this. The best way to push privatization is to doom your public institutions to failure and then point to that failure as proof that you were right to doom them. 

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #201 on: August 12, 2020, 12:35:31 PM »
To destroy a country, as Putin wants, means destroying the most trusted institutions. The 2 most trusted in this country are USPS and Social Security.

They are both under attack this week.

Add the FBI, our courts, the IRS, our medical system, higher education, hay, it's a long list.
Then blame the deep state, liberals, unions, NATO, journalist's, judge's, Generals, and you have the new world.
The Post Office is only the most obvious.  Time to clean house.  When people who don't believe in governing govern you have chaos.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #202 on: August 12, 2020, 12:51:44 PM »
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/12/conspiracy-steal-election-folks-alarms-sound-after-postal-worker-reports-removal

>   "I grew up in a culture of service, where every piece was to be delivered every day. And his policies, although they've only been in place for a few weeks, are now affecting the way that we do business and not allowing us to deliver every piece every day, as we've done in the past," said Karol. "I don't see this as cost-saving measures. I see this as a way to undermine the public confidence in the mail service. It's not saving costs. We're spending more time trying to implement these policy changes. And it's, in our offices, costing more over time."

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #203 on: August 12, 2020, 02:48:05 PM »
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/12/conspiracy-steal-election-folks-alarms-sound-after-postal-worker-reports-removal

The head of the postal union and a freelance journalist as sources?  Who was the editor, Jockitch? 

You should be better than this.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #204 on: August 12, 2020, 07:00:54 PM »
The head of the postal union and a freelance journalist as sources?  Who was the editor, Jockitch? 

:-*

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #205 on: August 12, 2020, 07:26:24 PM »
The head of the postal union and a freelance "journalist" as sources?  Who was the editor, Jockitch? 

fixed fer ya ;)

don't...don't don't don't don't

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #206 on: August 12, 2020, 07:46:48 PM »
fixed fer ya ;)

Naw, that person self-identified as a journalist.   Who are you to question that?

shoothoops

• All American

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #208 on: August 12, 2020, 09:28:50 PM »
fixed fer ya ;)

Thank you, "healthcare professional".
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #209 on: August 12, 2020, 09:38:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/status/1293632103448489986?s=19

So does NPR talk to the union leader or the freelance journalist for their piece?

Jesus wept, you guys are pathetic.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #210 on: August 13, 2020, 07:16:17 AM »
So does NPR talk to the union leader or the freelance journalist for their piece?

Jesus wept, you guys are pathetic.

I'm confused.  If the head of the union says the machines are being removed that is easily verifiable, no?  Send someone in to see if they're gone, follow up with a question to the USPS as to why they're gone, and then ask if they're being replaced.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #211 on: August 13, 2020, 09:41:58 AM »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #212 on: August 13, 2020, 09:45:44 AM »
The quiet part out loud:

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1293896544668782592?s=19

Oh don't worry.  I'm sure the sycophants will either fade away for awhile or come up with another talking point.  They always do.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #213 on: August 13, 2020, 09:57:21 AM »
He is up front about it.   That must suck when the guy you are trying to defend admits to what he is accused of.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #214 on: August 13, 2020, 10:09:44 AM »
We have a leader openly admitting to inhibiting free and fair elections in order to ensure he gets reelected.... and at least a third of the country is cheering him on while he does it.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #215 on: August 13, 2020, 10:54:30 AM »
He is up front about it.   That must suck when the guy you are trying to defend admits to what he is accused of.

Hasn't slowed anyone down yet

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #216 on: August 13, 2020, 11:02:16 AM »
We have a leader openly admitting to inhibiting free and fair elections in order to ensure he gets reelected.... and at least a third of the country is cheering him on while he does it.

So, if President Trump is re-elected, then the election was rigged, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #217 on: August 13, 2020, 11:07:36 AM »

Man, that's some real nihlistic crap considering that Trump is the one, you know, actively saying all the bad things.

• All American
« Reply #218 on: August 13, 2020, 11:18:37 AM »

Nope.  But if their are widespread issues related to mail in ballots we know why.  They've never been a problem before.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #219 on: August 13, 2020, 11:21:54 AM »

Indeed, in normal times admitting out loud that you are attempting to rig your own election would be grounds for impeachment for abuse of power. Yet Trump is free to say these things out loud without fear of repercussion because the entire spineless GOP has been captured by Trumpism.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #220 on: August 13, 2020, 11:23:30 AM »

So, cheerleading the destruction of Democracy is patriot, aina?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #221 on: August 13, 2020, 11:27:47 AM »
Nah, just want to be sure I clearly understand why Biden lost, were it to happen, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #222 on: August 13, 2020, 11:35:29 AM »
Nah, just want to be sure I clearly understand why Biden lost, were it to happen, hey?

I just want to understand how anyone could support what is going on given what the President said today.  I mean, he pretty much said that he is using his power as President to limit funding to the USPS to impact mail in voting.

Are you OK with that?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #223 on: August 13, 2020, 11:43:09 AM »
Funny how things change. It was only a couple weeks ago that people were laughing when I said trump was sabotaging the USPS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #224 on: August 13, 2020, 11:49:17 AM »

I just want to understand how anyone could support what is going on given what the President said today.  I mean, he pretty much said that he is using his power as President to limit funding to the USPS to impact mail in voting.

Are you OK with that?

Outside of legitimate absentee voting, if a citizen doesn't care enough about the election to get off their ass and go to the polls, then maybe they don't value the freedom that comes with being able to cast a ballot. Mail-in voting serves one and only one purpose. That is to facilitate fraud, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback