[Today at 11:23:04 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 08:37:46 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Vander >>> Markus  (Read 1962 times)

DoctorV

• All American
Vander >>> Markus
« on: March 06, 2019, 10:01:25 PM »
Helping the trolls here!

Vander managed what Markus couldn’t, a BE Championship!

Oh I forgot everyone who watches nothing but offensive basketball hated Vander cause he couldn’t shoot, so that doesn’t help.

Now we’ve got a pg that can do it all offensively but can’t help but turn it over. Bring back Derrick Wilson!

Ps I know this is a useless post but I’m drinking and hoping to jinx nova on sat and this is where my mind roams

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Vander >>> Markus
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 10:04:09 PM »
A short tournament like the BET favors a player like Markus. MU is 6-3 on the road in the BE. MU will be fine.

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 10:07:45 PM »
Markus is far from a do it all offensive player

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 10:11:38 PM »
Sam had 5 turnovers in the first 5 minutes of the game.  Sam and Markus are exceptional talents, but they are being asked to do things that they shouldn't.

We don't have a point guard!  These guys try to initiate offense the best they can, but that is not their game. 

We have 1 guard period!  We knew we had this void on the team, and we all hoped Chartouny would fill that void.  He didn't.  We have the best talent in the conference, but have one glaring weakness.  That is the difference between a Big East Championship and not!

Vander and Markus are both great college players, but very different.  If we had Junior Cadougan or Koby McEwen or heaven forbid Derrick Wilson on this team we would have won the conference going away!

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 10:13:35 PM »
Sam had 5 turnovers in the first 5 minutes of the game.  Sam and Markus are exceptional talents, but they are being asked to do things that they shouldn't.

We don't have a point guard!  These guys try to initiate offense the best they can, but that is not their game. 

We have 1 guard period!  We knew we had this void on the team, and we all hoped Chartouny would fill that void.  He didn't.  We have the best talent in the conference, but have one glaring weakness.  That is the difference between a Big East Championship and not!

Vander and Markus are both great college players, but very different.  If we had Junior Cadougan or Koby McEwen or heaven forbid Derrick Wilson on this team we would have won the conference going away!

We really are missing a primary ball handler and facilitator.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 10:13:54 PM »
Markus is far from a do it all offensive player

Ok so give me your ideal Markus Mr Seat Belt? I’ll take a guess... still avg 25ppg, rarely turns it over, avg 8-10 assists per game, plays lock down defense, rarely has a bad game.

Am I close? Well Ja morant avg nearly 25, gets 10 apg but he couldn’t play at a high major school. Oh yea Ja still turns it over 5x per game and is a top 5 pick. Not sure what you expect from 5’9 Mr Howard? He’s come a long way

Also, if you want people to engage in your negativity at least offer some decent insight instead of the nonsense negativity you spew

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 11:07:46 PM »
Helping the trolls here!

Vander managed what Markus couldn’t, a BE Championship!

Oh I forgot everyone who watches nothing but offensive basketball hated Vander cause he couldn’t shoot, so that doesn’t help.

Now we’ve got a pg that can do it all offensively but can’t help but turn it over. Bring back Derrick Wilson!

Ps I know this is a useless post but I’m drinking and hoping to jinx nova on sat and this is where my mind roams

Until Markus punches out a classmate and needs the university to drop five figures on a defense lawyer, Markus >>>Vander.

Oh yeah, he’s a better player too.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 05:08:09 AM »
I believe the reason Markus is playing point is
a) he's the best of a bad lot
b) Wojo truly wants to give him an NBA chance, and without PG skills, he's got no chance

IMHO it's time for the Markus @ point experiment to end, and move on to PG by committee while running Markus off screens as a true 2 guard.  I'd rather have Sacar or even Sam at PG than Markus.  When the other teams pressure, the press break (the one where guys pass to each other, not the one where Markus dribbles into a double team) is better for initiating the offense than Markus initiating the set offense without pressure. 

Many scouts have weighed in, and the The Athletic wrote a great article about it.  Markus is at best a fringe NBA talent and only in the perfect system.  Having him play the point any further - at the detriment of the team and it's further success - is a negative... ESPECIALLY now that all of the other BEAST teams have figure out how to stop him.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

feedback