[Today at 12:22:29 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 11:54:18 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bucky Choking Down The Stretch  (Read 29349 times)

dgies9156

• All American
Re: Bucky Choking Down The Stretch
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2017, 07:57:02 PM »
Bucky Sucky!!!!

Question now is if we close out the season with two or more additional wins, go strong into the NCAAs.

All the while the Rodent continues his mediocre ways, losing to Minnesota and winning none or one game in the BIG tournament.

Who gets the higher seed??????

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2017, 08:12:09 PM »
Hayes has really amazed me in a negative way. Watching him as a freshman, he looked like a future stud. When he added the three as a sophomore, he looked terrifying. I thought he'd be the next Badger beast that went from unheralded to All American.

Oh what a difference a few years makes. He has completely failed to continue his growth and become the player he looked like he could be. Not sure there's anyone that much better coming behind him, either. At least after Happ, that is.

He bought into his own hype and thought UW needed him more than he needed UW.  Complacency and entitlement will take great promise and turn it into hot garbage, like Hayes.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2017, 08:12:35 PM »
Bucky Sucky!!!!

Question now is if we close out the season with two or more additional wins, go strong into the NCAAs.

All the while the Rodent continues his mediocre ways, losing to Minnesota and winning none or one game in the BIG tournament.

Unless we win the BET, UW.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2017, 08:37:41 PM »
Bucky Sucky!!!!

Bucky is 22 - 7 and we are 18 - 11.

For us to get a higher seed, we have to win 23 games (which means win Creighton and win the BET).  Or, Bucky has to lose 11 games .. which is not possible because the most they can lose from here is two.

So, if we win the BET then, yes we could get a higher seed.  Short of that, no.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2017, 09:20:55 PM »
MU currently picked as a #9 seed in the South playing #8 Michigan State.  I couldn't copy the USA Today bracket.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/ncaab/2017/03/03/ncaa-tournament-bracketology-college-basketball-march-madness-wisconsin-badgers/98677352/

USA TODAY Sports Bracketology: Wisconsin is the most vulnerable team this March

The Wisconsin Badgers are imploding.

Big time.

Losers of five consecutive games to unranked opponents, the Big Ten's best team — once upon a time — is no more. In the same way Minnesota, on an eight game winning-streak, is trending upward, Wisconsin's trajectory this March is as down as it gets. Ironically, the Badgers close out the regular season with a matchup against perhaps the hottest team in the country in the Gophers.

Thursday night's disastrous loss to Iowa, which saw Wisconsin yield a 12-1 run and the Hawkeyes hit a game-winning three-pointer, was just the latest head-scratcher with this team. Meanwhile, Iowa has surged to be the first team out on the latest bracket.

The question of whether the Badgers get their groove back has been a theme for a while now and that story line will undoubtedly elevate in the Big Ten tournament, where Wisconsin won't be the top seed since Purdue trudged ahead to claim the Big Ten regular season title outright.

Whether riddled with injuries, namely to point guard Bronson Koenig, or facing a late-season identity crisis, the Badgers — now a No. 8 seed in USA TODAY Sports' bracketology — are the team most opponents would be happy to draw on Selection Sunday. That wouldn't have seemed the case earlier in the season, considering Koenig and Nigel Hayes provide the Greg Gard-led Badgers with more postseason experience than most teams.

Wisconsin's struggles are both helping and hurting the Big Ten, which the selection committee made clear it's not impressed with via its top 16 seeds preview a few weeks back. Bubble teams like Northwestern, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State and now Iowa have used wins against the Badgers to add to their marquee win compartment of their résumé. While it's inched most of them off the bubble, the win won't be holding as much weight anymore on Selection Sunday.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2017, 09:23:30 PM »
Bucky played in back to back title games?

Sorry.  BTB final fours.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2017, 09:33:38 PM »
Big whoop

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2017, 03:59:25 PM »

For us to get a higher seed, we have to win 23 games (which means win Creighton and win the BET).  Or, Bucky has to lose 11 games .. which is not possible because the most they can lose from here is two.

You do realize that's not how seeding works right?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2017, 04:03:54 PM »

You do realize that's not how seeding works right?

He does realize that.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2017, 04:30:40 PM »
Koenig might  be trying to pump up his NBA chances.   19 pts  0 ast against Iowa.  I don't analyze the Badgers to much but this is common in Badger losses.   You go Koenig.  Score high.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2017, 08:04:04 PM »

Thats not true at all. Lol.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2017, 04:46:44 AM »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2017, 07:12:23 AM »

Thats not true at all. Lol.

Yes, it is not true in the strictest sense.  I was answering the question about us getting a higher seed than Bucky.  I was arguing that we would have to win the BET (and Bucky fold quickly in the B1GT) in order to get a better seed.  I was pointing out the different records as an example of why it would take us winning the BET.

EaglesNest

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2017, 11:59:03 PM »
Was at the game Sunday, Koenig went off in the second half and the game wasn't even close at the end. Hayes, Happ, and Iverson are still struggling making free throws.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2017, 09:41:28 AM »

What is this from?  I want to say it looks like the SNL "Robot Insurance" commercial, but that doesn't seem right.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2017, 12:29:38 PM »
What is this from?  I want to say it looks like the SNL "Robot Insurance" commercial, but that doesn't seem right.

esurance commercial.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2017, 02:54:54 PM »
Well the Cubs were down 3-1 and came back to win it all and back in '77 we choked at the end of the season as well only to come back to win the NC. I wouldn't get too giddy over this poor stretch of games. Strange things happen in sports all the time.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #117 on: March 18, 2017, 05:16:09 PM »
People love jumping the gun here.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2017, 05:52:32 PM »
Stop getting my hopes up for a one and done for the Badgers, people.

You know what's gonna happen.  There'll be a "team meeting" and the team will suddenly play way better, get on a winning streak and be the talk of the NCAAs as they unexpectedly beat a bunch of teams.   >:(

Prophetic.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2017, 11:52:17 PM »
At least they're using this opportunity to show off their true colors as a university: https://twitter.com/uwmadison/status/843208908365844480
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

EaglesNest

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2017, 02:37:02 AM »
Still think Gard is a a great coach and the Badgers will be fine. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a run in the NCAA Tourney.

There ya go

brandx

« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2017, 10:36:59 AM »
I've said all year that UW was a contender for the Final Four (as others here have bashed them).

Koenig and Hayes have led this team to at least the Sweet 16 all four years at UW. An 8th seed (Minnesota was a 5 seed) was ridiculous.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2017, 11:01:29 AM »
Effen Bucky.

I was enjoying my Saturday, especially watching ND lose, until that Wiscy comeback/Nova chokejob.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 11:21:28 AM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2017, 11:34:58 AM »
Effen Bucky.

I was enjoying my Saturday, especially watching ND lose, until that Wiscy comeback/Nova chokejob.

+ 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2017, 11:56:46 AM »
Effen Bucky.

They start four seniors, this is their last run for a few years.

Koenig, Hayes, Brown, and Showalter are all starters

Combined:

Minutes 113 (56% of the 200 minutes per game)
Points 43.2 (59% of the 73/game they average)
Rebounds 13.4 (36% of the 37 per game they average)

So I'm calling it now, their NCAA streak ends this year.

Yes they have Happ returning.  They can only go so far with Happ and a bunch of question marks, including Trice and Iverson. 

See MU last year, could not make the tourney (or the NIT) with first rounder Ellenson and a bunch of question marks.  See LSU last year, they could not make the tourney with No.1 pick Simmons and a bunch of question marks.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 12:29:51 PM by Dread Pirate Roberts »

feedback