[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by MU82
[Today at 12:54:04 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kevin Looney kisses Marquette goodbye...........  (Read 113013 times)

reinko

• All American
Re: Kevin Looney kisses Marquette goodbye...........
« Reply #325 on: November 02, 2013, 10:01:54 AM »
Dude you can't make babies on second base.

Say that to Dr.  J

warriorchick

• All American
Have some patience, FFS.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #327 on: November 02, 2013, 11:34:23 AM »
Yes or no answers do not allow for the name drop and habitual condescension.

Ironic, coming from you

OnWisconsin

• Starter
« Reply #328 on: November 02, 2013, 12:43:25 PM »
1) Looney was never coming to UW. 
2) Stone is NOT going to UW. MU has about 10x better chance than UW.

1) True
2) You're going to be severely disappointed.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #329 on: November 02, 2013, 01:07:51 PM »
1) True

Much the same you've been the last couple times playing MU and Buzz?  Does it get old seeing Buzz reel in all these 4 star kids from all over the country, and now even upstate Wisconsin - a former Bo stronghold?

We all know Buzz has all UW hoops fans totally paranoid over the direction of the two programs.  MU on a major upswing, UW well, just being UW...good, solid program, that shows no signs of ever being able to compete at a high level in the NCAA tourney - or at least not when matched with a higher seed.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Let's Go Warriors

• Team Captain
  • Lets Go Warriors(clap clap clap clap clap)...
« Reply #330 on: November 02, 2013, 01:31:16 PM »
1) True
Would u like to wager on stone going to uw?
Warrior As defined by Webster's:
A person who fights in battles and is known for having courage and skill

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #331 on: November 02, 2013, 01:42:42 PM »

I suspect he thinks he isn't going to either school, which is probably from a gambling perspective the safest bet.

Let's Go Warriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #332 on: November 02, 2013, 01:50:36 PM »
I suspect he thinks he isn't going to either school, which is probably from a gambling perspective the safest bet.
Which is exactly what my post said....
anyway, I have some info from a trusted source on stone.  Not regarding his recruitment but first hand dealings with him and these dealings are both basketball and family related.  Let's just say Diamond and Bo probably won't see eye to eye with regards to basketball.  And his father will be on the same page with Diamond on this.  I don't know what his status with uw is right now.  But based on info from a friend I trust very much and have known for 35 years.  Diamond is not likely going to uw.

OnWisconsin

• Starter
« Reply #333 on: November 02, 2013, 05:56:06 PM »
Much the same you've been the last couple times playing MU and Buzz?  Does it get old seeing Buzz reel in all these 4 star kids from all over the country, and now even upstate Wisconsin - a former Bo stronghold?

We all know Buzz has all UW hoops fans totally paranoid over the direction of the two programs.  MU on a major upswing, UW well, just being UW...good, solid program, that shows no signs of ever being able to compete at a high level in the NCAA tourney - or at least not when matched with a higher seed.

Sensitive much? Buzz is a good recruiter, no doubt about it. That being said, most basketball minds wouldn't trade Dekker or Koenig for anyone on your roster. As for your "direction of the program" thought, give me a break. Very easy to see that our recruiting is on the upswing (Dekker, Koenig, Hayes), pretty dangerous seeing as how we already win 25 games a year. 

OnWisconsin

• Starter
« Reply #334 on: November 02, 2013, 06:02:48 PM »

No, I don't know where Diamond is going. Diamond doesn't know where Diamond is going yet. I'll just say that UW is very much in it for Diamond. Whoever said Bob Stone doesn't see eye to eye with Bo is telling you something that is 100% false.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #335 on: November 02, 2013, 06:07:06 PM »
Sensitive much? Buzz is a good recruiter, no doubt about it. That being said, most basketball minds wouldn't trade Dekker or Koenig for anyone on your roster. As for your "direction of the program" thought, give me a break. Very easy to see that our recruiting is on the upswing (Dekker, Koenig, Hayes), pretty dangerous seeing as how we already win 25 games a year. 

LOL.  Sorry, you just lost any and all credibility you had.  Koenig is a nice player.  Congrats on getting him.  He also would've been the 5th highest ranked player in Marquette's 6 player recruiting class this past year.  And that's just freshman.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #336 on: November 02, 2013, 06:08:37 PM »

If you truly value Koenig that highly, you're going to be severely disappointed.  We'll see who has the better career between JaJuan Johnson and Dekker, eventually.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 06:11:09 PM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #337 on: November 02, 2013, 06:21:16 PM »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  Koenig???  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Thanks for that.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 06:23:04 PM by The Sultan of Syncopation »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #338 on: November 02, 2013, 06:52:02 PM »

Bo did a nice job getting Dekker, though I'm still not sure why he wasted his time with Looney when it's been obvious for close to a year that he wouldn't be staying close to home.

But Koenig? That's one of the dumbest comments ever. You do realize that if Koenig had committed to Marquette last year he'd have only been the 4th highest rated recruit we brought in, right?

And if landing 1 rated player per year is showing that your recruiting is on the upswing...well, umm...I guess UW-Milwaukee better look out!
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #339 on: November 02, 2013, 06:53:29 PM »
I for one am happy that Bucky continues to attract talent and Dekker is one helluva player.  Koenig is fine from what I've seen but I'd certainly take our recent recruiting class hands down.  Of course this'll all be determined on the court over the next 2-3 years.  Personally I like our chances more often than not.

Let's Go Warriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #340 on: November 02, 2013, 07:08:11 PM »

No, I don't know where Diamond is going. Diamond doesn't know where Diamond is going yet. I'll just say that UW is very much in it for Diamond. Whoever said Bob Stone doesn't see eye to eye with Bo is telling you something that is 100% false.

Very highly unlikely.

brandx

« Reply #341 on: November 02, 2013, 07:29:33 PM »
I would love to hear Alford's assessment of your life

+1.

Let's see... All-American player who has worked his way to the top of his profession.

He may be a d-bag, but your reply is right on.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #342 on: November 02, 2013, 07:52:50 PM »
+1.

Let's see... All-American player who has worked his way to the top of his profession.

He may be a d-bag, but your reply is right on.

LOL....because I called him an "underachiever?"  Because his hype doesn't match his actual coaching performance?

Fine.  If you want that as a coach, take it.  I would much rather have a guy like Buzz who has already exceeded Alford's performance while only coaching a third as many seasons.

brandx

« Reply #343 on: November 02, 2013, 08:44:24 PM »

LOL....because I called him an "underachiever?"  Because his hype doesn't match his actual coaching performance?

Fine.  If you want that as a coach, take it.  I would much rather have a guy like Buzz who has already exceeded Alford's performance while only coaching a third as many seasons.

You're making up a false argument. Of course, I'd rather have Buzz as a coach

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #344 on: November 02, 2013, 08:46:07 PM »
You're making up a false argument. Of course, I'd rather have Buzz as a coach

Be consistent.

I call Alford an underachiever.

Keefe implies that I have achieved less.

You agree.

Be consistent.

OnWisconsin

• Starter
« Reply #345 on: November 02, 2013, 09:34:31 PM »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  Koenig???  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Thanks for that.

Bronson starts at Marquette this year if you had him.

But please go on about how good Duane and Derrick Wilson are.  ;D

This is why you guys are viewed as one of the dumbest f ucking fan bases in college basketball.

Enjoy your ass whooping this December. Please delete me so I never have to see this nonsense anymore.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #346 on: November 02, 2013, 09:39:59 PM »

This is why you guys are viewed as one of the dumbest f ucking fan bases in college basketball.

Enjoy your ass whooping this December. Please delete me so I never have to see this nonsense anymore.

I have never seen a fan base overate a recruit more than the UW fan base overate Bronson Koenig. 

Oh and I love the trash talking.  More recent championship.  More recent Final Four.  More recent E8.  More recent S16.  More recent conference championship.  More recent head to head wins.

And you get a nice, big first round loss last year.

Maybe your nice little program can be ranked ahead of UWGB or UWM....maybe.  LOL.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #347 on: November 02, 2013, 09:47:28 PM »

Sensitive much?!!  Buzz has locked up Wisconsin's best players in the next few classes already - Nick N, Sandy Cohen, Phillip Flory...and stands a much better chance on Diamond Stone, than does Bo.

As for the ass whooping this December - please show up here after the game and take your ass whooping.  Pretty sure MU dominated UW the last two games we played, and Derrick Wilson as a freshmen was good enough to shut down your All American point guard Jordan Taylor, pretty sure he'll fare just fine against Koenig as a junior.

Dekker is a very nice player, however, and would love to have him at MU - yet feel Jamil Wilson will fare quite well against Dekker - both offensively and defensively.  Also, look forward to watching you guys try to stop Gardner.  Hell, he'll probably go coast to coast on you guys again this year..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpeRnHYwnpo

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #348 on: November 02, 2013, 09:57:07 PM »

Viewed by whom as one of the dumbest fan bases?  Wisconsin fans?  Obviously.  I seriously doubt that anybody else views Marquette as one of the dumbest fan bases, however you define 'dumb'.

I once watched a highlight video of Koenig.  I have to say I really like the way he plays.  However, I don't recall seeing any nail wounds on his hands.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #349 on: November 02, 2013, 11:03:12 PM »

Derrick Wilson was plenty good two years ago in Madison.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.