[Today at 10:35:46 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by #UnleashSean
[Today at 09:35:14 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:50:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: U-Conn't always get what you want  (Read 17267 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: U-Conn't always get what you want
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2021, 10:42:55 PM »
Let’s bracketologize up a 68 team field for BLM because he can’t admit he’s wrong.

Have at it.  Find me 68 teams that will get in above a Marquette team that goes .500 in the 3rd best conference in America and has 2 top 10 wins.

Otherwise the Big East is getting 3 or 4 bids.  And again.  You need 68 teams.  Let's see where teams .500 in the Big East wind up, even if they don't have wins at Creighton or over Wisconsin.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2021, 10:44:01 PM »
Let’s bracketologize up a 68 team field for BLM because he can’t admit he’s wrong.

Yeah, I mean stumbling into the tournament ass backwards because the rest of the field sucks isn't exactly something to be proud of.  I'm guessing most Bears fans aren't thrilled they made the playoffs with the season they had.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2021, 10:44:19 PM »
Have at it.  Find me 68 teams that will get in above a Marquette team that goes .500 in the 3rd best conference in America and has 2 top 10 wins.

Otherwise the Big East is getting 3 or 4 bids.  And again.  You need 68 teams.

I'd like to believe you but nah... this to me smells of 2018 where we had some great highs and some pathetic lows.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2021, 10:44:28 PM »
Just visited the UCONN board.

They are PISSED at Hurley for celebrating the victory.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2021, 10:45:33 PM »
So who's getting in?  I mean, you need 68 teams, the Ivy isn't playing.  There is no chance a .500 team with 2 top 10 wins misses the NCAA Tournament.

You must think the Ivy not playing opens up 5 extra tourney slots.

Let’s see who the losses are to.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2021, 10:47:56 PM »
https://www.gamepredict.us/bracketology

As of right now, the Big East is likely to get five teams in.  ACC 9, P12 4, B10 10, SEC 6, B12 6, AAC 2, MWC 2 and A10 2.  That's 46 of the 68 teams right there, and the rest of single bids. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2021, 10:48:07 PM »

Would crack me up if we beat nova and sweep Creighton but get swept by Depaul. I know it's not 2020 anymore but that'd be a cap to this cluster duck of a season
Maigh Eo for Sam

panda

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2021, 10:48:32 PM »

Otherwise the Big East is getting 3 or 4 bids.  And again.  You need 68 teams.  Let's see where teams .500 in the Big East wind up, even if they don't have wins at Creighton or over Wisconsin.

Getting to, or close to for that matter, .500 will be a tall, tall task for this team.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2021, 10:48:48 PM »

It opens up one extra bid.  A .500 team from the 3rd best conference in the country with 2 top 10 wins would not miss the NCAA Tournament.  Do we get to .500?  Hopefully.  But if we do, we're in.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Judge Smails

• All American
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2021, 10:48:52 PM »
I’ve been Projo for a long time. Like his character and the way he runs a clean program. And he represents the university well. But I’ve been on the fence this season. MU’s inability to stop UConn’s run tonight is pushing me more towards Nojo. The Nojo points on Wojo’s lack of in-game counter moves are true. And this team’s intensity tonight was no where near UConn’s.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2021, 10:51:28 PM »
Just visited the UCONN board.

They are PISSED at Hurley for celebrating the victory.

Well played.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2021, 10:53:11 PM »

I’m literally being sarcastic. Brew told you everything you need to know. .500 in a conference with at least 3 very bad high major teams and 14-12 overall with 2 total quality wins? It’s not a tourney team.

I’m sorry I can’t predict the exact team that will “take their spot” but MU won’t be there if that’s what their resume looks like.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2021, 10:54:25 PM »
This sucked. No adjustments made. Might take a game or two off to cool off.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2021, 10:54:26 PM »

Big East is at most 6 bids at this point. Nova, Creighton, Seton Hall, Xavier, and UConn all clearly ahead of us for those bids. Better hope we finish ahead of Providence, who's 1.5 up on us already.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2021, 10:55:38 PM »
Not to be a tattle tale but lots of politics coming into the Hangin at the Al board right now.

Actually, police brutality focused at black people isn't a political thing.  It's wrong.  It's worthy of a discussion not regurgitating talking points of your favorite TV channel.

Blake wasn't a model citizen, given his record he wasn't even a good citizen.  He probably shouldn't have gotten in the middle of a ruckus with the cops given his record.

The cops have a job that requires enforcing the safety of citizens, and were responding to a 911 call, and found a guy with an arrest warrant at the scene.  They should appropriately try to apprehend him, so that the courts can determine his fate.  They shot that man in the back 7 times. 

The team is not "celebrating" Jacob Blake - they're trying to help bring attention to the fact that Jacob Blake did nothing that day to deserve the death penalty,  and we need to fix our policing so that cops aren't the jury and the executioner so damn much.

Oh, and today's game sucked.  So I'm hopeful people can at least try to have some halfway decent conversation about the black uniforms worn to remember Jacob Blake.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2021, 10:55:41 PM »
It opens up one extra bid.  A .500 team from the 3rd best conference in the country with 2 top 10 wins would not miss the NCAA Tournament.  Do we get to .500?  Hopefully.  But if we do, we're in.
I’m really sorry but top-to-bottom this is not the 3rd best conference in the country. It’s just not. I love the Big East but it’s not.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2021, 10:58:50 PM »
Another year or two of this, and we'll be in Georgetown territory.  The longer Marquette sticks with Wojo, the harder it will be to bounce back.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2021, 10:59:09 PM »
I’m really sorry but top-to-bottom this is not the 3rd best conference in the country. It’s just not. I love the Big East but it’s not.

So the ACC is better top to bottom?  The Pac 12?  The WAC?  Who's better?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2021, 11:00:50 PM »
Actually, police brutality focused at black people isn't a political thing.  It's wrong.  It's worthy of a discussion not regurgitating talking points of your favorite TV channel.

Blake wasn't a model citizen, given his record he wasn't even a good citizen.  He probably shouldn't have gotten in the middle of a ruckus with the cops given his record.

The cops have a job that requires enforcing the safety of citizens, and were responding to a 911 call, and found a guy with an arrest warrant at the scene.  They should appropriately try to apprehend him, so that the courts can determine his fate.  They shot that man in the back 7 times. 

The team is not "celebrating" Jacob Blake - they're trying to help bring attention to the fact that Jacob Blake did nothing that day to deserve the death penalty,  and we need to fix our policing so that cops aren't the jury and the executioner so damn much.

Oh, and today's game sucked.  So I'm hopeful people can at least try to have some halfway decent conversation about the black uniforms worn to remember Jacob Blake.

Mic drop.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2021, 11:03:24 PM »

Sticky this!
No Finish Line

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2021, 11:03:39 PM »

Absolutely agreed, I never made an argument otherwise.

Also to say that the Jacob Blake situation, specifically, is not political would be being willfully ignorant. The reason they wore BLM tonight was due to the decisions of the politically elected Kenosha County Attorney General not to charge the officer. Whether you think that was right or wrong based on the facts that you believe to be true doesn’t matter - it is still inherently political.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2021, 11:04:46 PM »
Absolutely agreed, I never made an argument otherwise.

Also to say that the Jacob Blake situation, specifically, is not political would be being willfully ignorant. The reason they wore BLM tonight was due to the decisions of the politically elected Kenosha County Attorney General not to charge the officer. Whether you think that was right or wrong based on the facts that you believe to be true doesn’t matter - it is still inherently political.

Basic human rights are not political.  At all.  The right to live is not political.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2021, 11:07:46 PM »
Basic human rights are not political.  At all.  The right to live is not political.
Who is protesting basic human rights? They are protesting the decision of the Kenosha Attorney General - a politically elected official - about a basic human rights situation. Since the AG made the wrong decision, it is now political.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2021, 11:09:03 PM »

Agree with basically everything in your post Rocky - Jacob Blake didn’t deserve to be shot 7 times that day. But the OP said the players were wearing black to “honor Jacob Blake”. Maybe he (or the players) misspoke. But if not, I don’t see a whole lot honorable about Jacob Blake.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 11:24:08 PM by Lennys Tap »

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2021, 11:09:40 PM »

The team is not "celebrating" Jacob Blake - they're trying to help bring attention to the fact that Jacob Blake did nothing that day to deserve the death penalty, and we need to fix our policing so that cops aren't the jury and the executioner so damn much.

But do we know that is true? Oh, he’s also alive. Did you watch the press conference? If so, any thoughts on what was presented?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”