collapse

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by 4everwarriors
[Today at 05:34:01 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[May 04, 2024, 09:36:37 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: USC - Sarkisian  (Read 2637 times)

jesmu84

• All American
USC - Sarkisian
« on: October 11, 2015, 06:40:13 PM »
Lots of stuff coming out lately. "Not sober" during Arizona State game - assistants pulled him out of player huddle. "Not sober" during special teams meeting this morning.

How does Pat Haden not get fired?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: USC - Sarkisian
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 07:04:26 PM »
Lots of stuff coming out lately. "Not sober" during Arizona State game - assistants pulled him out of player huddle. "Not sober" during special teams meeting this morning.

How does Pat Haden not get fired?

Pat may be gone, but is generally well regarded by most on the human being \ intelligence side.  He is worlds better than Mike Garrett who was turning a blind eye to a number of recruiting NCAA penalties.

That being said, it would not surprise me if Pat steps aside.  He was a reluctant AD to begin with, asked by the school to clean up the mess Garrett, Pete Carroll, etc left. 

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 11:20:45 PM »
A lot of U Dub folks here are cheering at the demise of Sarkisian. And people in the PNW are very cordial lot so the depth of their disdain is telling.

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 01:00:50 AM »
They were thrilled when he was hired away and they upgraded to Peterson.

Hope the guy gets help.  I detest USC football as a UCLAN my entire life, but I do hope he can get help.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 02:22:25 AM »

Hope the guy gets help.  I detest USC football as a UCLAN my entire life, but I do hope he can get help.

Reminds me of Gary Moeller. But my favorite is Mike Price's meltdown in Pensacola with strippers and hookers. Priceless.

Death on call

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 08:00:39 AM »
Just another great leader of men, in the ridiculous world of big time college athletics. Being wired wrong is a prerequisite for the job to begin with, and half of them are alcoholics. This guy just took it to a higher level.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 08:27:43 AM »
Yeah I'm not gonna rip on the guy for having a disease.  And he's not a terrible coach by any means.  He took UW from dumpster fire status to respectable - just couldn't take the next jump. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 09:06:27 AM »

You're a UCLAN, too? I thought you were an Indianan, Kansasan and Marquettean. Any other "ans" in your life?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 10:18:51 AM »
You're a UCLAN, too? I thought you were an Indianan, Kansasan and Marquettean. Any other "ans" in your life?

Remember John Wooden? UCLA was the biggest overdog in the history of sports when Chico was a kid. You're surprised he's a fanboy of the Bruins?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 12:02:01 PM »
Remember John Wooden? UCLA was the biggest overdog in the history of sports when Chico was a kid. You're surprised he's a fanboy of the Bruins?

Now, now ... it's perfectly natural for kids to gravitate to winners. I was a big fan of the early-70s Dolphins and I didn't even live anywhere near Miami. I liked their uniforms ... and the fact that they never lost.

I wasn't accusing Chicos of anything (although every Scooper knows he loves Overdogs). I just was interested in knowing how many college teams he loves. Must be difficult when they play each other.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2015, 12:03:39 PM »
Now, now ... it's perfectly natural for kids to gravitate to winners. I was a big fan of the early-70s Dolphins and I didn't even live anywhere near Miami. I liked their uniforms ... and the fact that they never lost.

I wasn't accusing Chicos of anything (although every Scooper knows he loves Overdogs). I just was interested in knowing how many college teams he loves. Must be difficult when they play each other.

As for UCLA...

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2015/10/11/report-former-ucla-adviser-alleges-academic-wrongdoing/

I for one am SHOCKED....just SHOCKED...that a Steve Alford staff is facing these types of accusations. 

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2015, 03:09:45 PM »
http://deadspin.com/report-steve-sarkisians-issues-with-alcohol-go-back-to-1736037554?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Man Pat Haden should have done a little more background work on him.

One of my colleagues who is a prof at UW mentioned today that Sarkisian was famous for submitting 4 figure bar bills. In an era of budget constraints that did not sit well with professors.

Death on call

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2015, 03:36:47 PM »
Fired.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2015, 03:52:32 PM »
Fired.

Should have been fired/never hired but I do wonder if there will be blow back to USC for firing a clearly troubled guy and basically saying good luck hope you can figure everything out on your own even though we've clearly known about this for at least 6 months if not a year.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2015, 03:57:16 PM »
Should have been fired/never hired but I do wonder if there will be blow back to USC for firing a clearly troubled guy and basically saying good luck hope you can figure everything out on your own even though we've clearly known about this for at least 6 months if not a year.

I wonder how it would have played out if USC was 5-0.

Nevermind. We all know exactly how it would have played out.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2015, 04:03:07 PM »

Huh?  What backlash could there possibly be?  You're coaching 18-22 year old men while you're drunk.  Goodbye and best of luck is exactly what you tell that guy.  Much better off, for both sides.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2015, 04:03:43 PM »
One of my colleagues who is a prof at UW mentioned today that Sarkisian was famous for submitting 4 figure bar bills. In an era of budget constraints that did not sit well with professors.

I hate to kick a guy while he's down, but Sark's "It's USC, it's USC" moment was the Fuskies biggest football win since the 2001 Rose Bowl.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015, 04:11:21 PM »
Huh?  What backlash could there possibly be?  You're coaching 18-22 year old men while you're drunk.  Goodbye and best of luck is exactly what you tell that guy.  Much better off, for both sides.

I'm not saying there should be backlash, just predicting there will be.  Pat Haden is going to either be fired or resign/retire within the next couple of weeks as well(prediction).

There is no denying he has an issue and can't be around student atheletes but there will be backlash because USC has known about this for months and only did anything once the media found out and instead of suspending him and getting him help, they jettisoned him and ran from his as fast as they could.

There media will rally the "this is a disease" meme and there will be backlash, watch.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2015, 06:17:48 PM »
I'm not saying there should be backlash, just predicting there will be.  Pat Haden is going to either be fired or resign/retire within the next couple of weeks as well(prediction).

There is no denying he has an issue and can't be around student atheletes but there will be backlash because USC has known about this for months and only did anything once the media found out and instead of suspending him and getting him help, they jettisoned him and ran from his as fast as they could.

There media will rally the "this is a disease" meme and there will be backlash, watch.
I agree. What other disease would he be fired for having? Would they fire a coach after a cancer diagnosis?
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2015, 07:10:09 PM »
I agree. What other disease would he be fired for having? Would they fire a coach after a cancer diagnosis?

Q: Why did they put him on leave first?
A: to provide the lawyers time to figure out if they could fire him, how much they had to pay him, and what the potential exposure would be.

He may get some sort of settlement, but this is not going to be a thing.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2015, 07:35:36 PM »

As for UCLA...

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2015/10/11/report-former-ucla-adviser-alleges-academic-wrongdoing/

I for one am SHOCKED....just SHOCKED...that a Steve Alford staff is facing these types of accusations.

I wonder if this leads back to UNM.

I hope so and makes them forfeit their Win against us. ;)
SS Marquette

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2015, 09:53:37 PM »

Oh we've spoken about this in the past, but happy to oblige again.

Alum of IU, KU, MU.  So yes, I cheer for them all, but the priorities are way different.  MU always comes first, so to answer your question who I cheer for, it is easy.  I even have a few credits at Cal State Northridge for Summer school....so when the Matadors are playing, I'll pull for them.  Not hard, it's not like I'm a rabid KU football fan or something.

UCLA, I'm actually a UCLA football fan, hardly the darling of college football.  A good program, sometimes very good, sometimes pretty lousy.  My family were friends with Terry Donahue growing up.  Our family very good friends with the Mora family (Dick Mora....brother of Jim Mora sr.).  So it's great to see Jim Jr. coaching UCLA now.   UCLA basketball is very far down my list.  I can't stand Alford, so him leading the program only makes it worse.  Larry Brown was a douche, Jim Harrick the same, so on and so forth.

Always happy to clarify for you.  It's not hard at all and when you earn multiple degrees, you have a little allegiance for your alma mater(s).  Just as Keefe will pull for Michigan, but I'm sure MU is well ahead of Michigan in the heart category.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2015, 09:58:39 PM »
I wonder how it would have played out if USC was 5-0.

Nevermind. We all know exactly how it would have played out.

I agree. It is predictable. 5-0 with a drinking problem? Find out what he drinks and send him a case

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2015, 09:58:48 PM »

I don't agree, but we'll see how it plays out.  Yes, there might be a few whacky media types that go down this direction, but living out here most of the media are in bed with USC anyway and they are glad he is gone.  They want the man to get well, they're thrilled he isn't the coach anymore.  I suppose the non sports media will play up the "disease" angle, but I'm sorry....if a pilot was in this situation, or a train conductor or a teacher, the public would want them fired.  In essence, the man was a teacher.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 10:25:26 PM by ChicosBailBonds »