[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wednesday 12/29 @ St. John's  (Read 17770 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Wednesday 12/29 @ St. John's
« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2021, 11:53:30 PM »
Bleach kills viruses too, ai'na?

umm, yes it does, the ADA initially recommended a couple drops of iodine or betadine or bleach(diluted sodium hypochlorite) in glass of water-rinse pre op for dentists.  also hydrogen peroxide or chlorhexidine.  you know what they use in public drinking water to purify?  chlorine(sodium hypochlorite)  what do they put into swimming pools to disinfect all the piss you are swimming in?  chlorine(sodium hypochlorite) ya think anyone gets any pool water in their mouths?  some have even swallowed it and lived-gasp!
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2021, 05:08:33 AM »
umm, yes it does, the ADA initially recommended a couple drops of iodine or betadine or bleach(diluted sodium hypochlorite) in glass of water-rinse pre op for dentists.  also hydrogen peroxide or chlorhexidine.  you know what they use in public drinking water to purify?  chlorine(sodium hypochlorite)  what do they put into swimming pools to disinfect all the piss you are swimming in?  chlorine(sodium hypochlorite) ya think anyone gets any pool water in their mouths?  some have even swallowed it and lived-gasp!

9 of 10 for missing the obvious
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2021, 05:31:29 AM »
100% correct.  Everyday there are thousands of unnecessary deaths in the US.

I reiterate, people are overthinking it.  If you have had any vaccines you know they prevent unnecessary illness or worst case, deaths.  People are literally choosing to end their life early daily.  It is dumbfounding.

My doctor's exact words yesterday when I visited for a routine appointment.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2021, 07:30:53 AM »

Perfect!

Fill those syringes with Lysol and get the jab -- the better to get those healing chemicals right into the lungs, just as your demented hero wanted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLjNSFxluTs

(The look on Birx's face was one of the most precious moments of 2020.)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2021, 08:12:32 AM »
I know that the BE is the clearing house for rescheduling conference games, but does anyone here know if BE teams are looking for substitute opponents from other conferences when their BE opponent is paused due to Covid? We need games more than other BE teams so that we can get experience for our freshmen. I was hoping that an alternative game would be worked out for tonight, but days went by with no info from MU.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2021, 09:07:21 AM »
Wish we had a game tonight. Winter is boring AF.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2021, 09:09:09 AM »
I know that the BE is the clearing house for rescheduling conference games, but does anyone here know if BE teams are looking for substitute opponents from other conferences when their BE opponent is paused due to Covid? We need games more than other BE teams so that we can get experience for our freshmen. I was hoping that an alternative game would be worked out for tonight, but days went by with no info from MU.

With games no longer being forfeited (and ideally rescheduled), you can't really find other opponents until you're certain that you won't get your 20 game schedule in.  To me, its obvious that will eventually happen (not getting 20 BE games in), but for now, you can't really replace games that there is still time to make up.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2021, 10:03:01 AM »
I just got Covid 2x over the course of 3 weeks.

Yes the science says it shouldn’t be done, but my body says otherwise.

It’s a new bug, no one really knows anything about it for sure, outside of the fact that it sucks arse.

No one is trying to fool you, including the CDC and Fauci. If you think they are I won’t pass judgement but perhaps just take a step back and think it through.
No one is trying to poison you with a vaccine, either.
If you think they are I won’t pass judgement but perhaps just take a step back and think it through.

Now that that’s out of the way- if you dont want to take a vaccine because of the unknown, or possible future dangers, or because ain’t no one telling you what to do, or because your body is your temple and it’ll fight the thing off- well I don’t agree with you but I don’t have to, I see your logic.
At the end of the day was are all only responsible for ourselves so whatever comes of our decision is our cross to bear.

That said, you can’t even start to argue that the thing doesn’t spread like wildfire, or that it doesn’t kill (even if you want to qualify that with ‘you have to be old or weak’). You also can’t argue that you then become a bigger risk/danger to those in the above mentioned groups.

Not sure where I was going with this but I’m glad I got it in before the lock.
Congratulations on coming through to the other side.     And thank you for your perspective.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2021, 11:30:56 AM »
Petition to move this to the covid board?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2021, 11:32:33 AM »
Perfect!

Fill those syringes with Lysol and get the jab -- the better to get those healing chemicals right into the lungs, just as your demented hero wanted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLjNSFxluTs

(The look on Birx's face was one of the most precious moments of 2020.)

just when i didn't think you were this stupid 82...use your head and quit trying to be funny cuz you ain't.  you get your subliminal political points in with the subtlety of a bull elephant in heat. 

there are varying amounts, dosages and mixes of ingredient that do have beneficial and therapeutic effects.  taken at face value, i.e. fish tank, chlorox, animal doses of ivermectin are dangerous as overdosing on heroin.  there are therapeutic doses of peroxide, iodine, betadine, sodium hypochlorite and yes, even hydroxy, regimines that need to be determined by a doctor, drug combinations, that are antiviral, anti inflammatory meds, antibiotics that fight opportunistic infections, and much more that should supercede these vaccines which may only be a small part of the antidote.

we should be preaching better health(obesity), diets and exercise as well, but in todays world, everyone is afraid to "shame" someone.  hell, we can't even establish what is male and  female 

we re not going to vaccinate ourselves out of this problem.  the virus is mutating and changing faster than we can get vaccines out.  need to open our eyes and ears to epidemiologists, biochemists, pharmacists to get to the real root virulence of this critter
don't...don't don't don't don't

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #135 on: December 29, 2021, 11:37:55 AM »
the virus is mutating and changing faster than we can get vaccines out. 

Absolutely false. We can get a new vaccine rolling in a couple of weeks if needed. It's currently not.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #136 on: December 29, 2021, 12:02:32 PM »
  we should be preaching better health(obesity), diets and exercise as well, but in todays world, everyone is afraid to "shame" someone.  hell, we can't even establish what is male and  female.

Gender has nothing to do with obesity so I have no idea why you brought that up.

And shaming people doesn't really work either.  I am all for investing more into getting people to live healthier lifestyles, but that will mean a carrot and stick approach involving government and insurance company intervention.  Which a lot of people don't seem to like.

I mean, I think a government sponsored Covid vaccination plan giving $$ to those vaccinated and penalties to those who aren't, would do wonders for health, but my guess is that is against your freedoms or something.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #137 on: December 29, 2021, 12:03:56 PM »
Absolutely false. We can get a new vaccine rolling in a couple of weeks if needed. It's currently not.

Exactly.  What we have now works!  It keeps people from hospitalizations and dying. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #138 on: December 29, 2021, 12:06:41 PM »
With games no longer being forfeited (and ideally rescheduled), you can't really find other opponents until you're certain that you won't get your 20 game schedule in.  To me, its obvious that will eventually happen (not getting 20 BE games in), but for now, you can't really replace games that there is still time to make up.

I was not referring to conference games (that is a separate issue) but rather negotiated OOC games in lieu of not playing at all on the date when a game was scheduled (or close to the date). Last season we played UNC by negotiating a deal on short notice. I would have been happy with a game tonight against almost any decent opponent not named St. Bonaventure.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #139 on: December 29, 2021, 12:17:40 PM »
  just when i didn't think you were this stupid 82...use your head and quit trying to be funny cuz you ain't.  you get your subliminal political points in with the subtlety of a bull elephant in heat. 

there are varying amounts, dosages and mixes of ingredient that do have beneficial and therapeutic effects.  taken at face value, i.e. fish tank, chlorox, animal doses of ivermectin are dangerous as overdosing on heroin.  there are therapeutic doses of peroxide, iodine, betadine, sodium hypochlorite and yes, even hydroxy, regimines that need to be determined by a doctor, drug combinations, that are antiviral, anti inflammatory meds, antibiotics that fight opportunistic infections, and much more that should supercede these vaccines which may only be a small part of the antidote.

we should be preaching better health(obesity), diets and exercise as well, but in todays world, everyone is afraid to "shame" someone.  hell, we can't even establish what is male and  female 

we re not going to vaccinate ourselves out of this problem.  the virus is mutating and changing faster than we can get vaccines out.  need to open our eyes and ears to epidemiologists, biochemists, pharmacists to get to the real root virulence of this critter

Topical preparations and mouth washes serve an antimicrobial purpose, no doubt.  But they are not meant to work systemically.   

As far as therapeutics for viruses, we do not have many good ones if any at all.  Many of the remedies you list even at non lethal levels have been shown to be only as good as placebos. Even tamiflu for flu isn’t effective most years but only worth a try if you have $125.   It sounds like the Pfizer antiviral pill may be effective though so that is very encouraging.

Vaccines are truly the best we have to date to  help lower morbidity and mortality from several deadly viruses or ones that can cause horrible and unnecessary outcomes (paralysis for polio, encephalitis for measles, etc.).

You are right about obesity and smoking.  People are not helping themselves with these issues.  However perfectly healthy people are also getting hit fairly hard with Covid with inflammatory effects that will effect them long term and many will die because of it. 

Vaccines take advantage of our natural immune system without the negative of getting really sick.  It’s a no brainer.  People are overthinking this.   

Stay safe everyone and go MU!

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #140 on: December 29, 2021, 12:41:46 PM »
I was not referring to conference games (that is a separate issue) but rather negotiated OOC games in lieu of not playing at all on the date when a game was scheduled (or close to the date). Last season we played UNC by negotiating a deal on short notice. I would have been happy with a game tonight against almost any decent opponent not named St. Bonaventure.

Its not really a separate issue, though.  You can only play 31 games.  Marquette played 11 non con games and have a 20 game BE schedule.  The plan is to try to reschedule games PPD by Covid.  Until they rack up to the point that making them all up is impossible, you can't really schedule a game against a non-con opponent.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #141 on: December 29, 2021, 12:45:22 PM »

9.5 of 10

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #142 on: December 29, 2021, 12:47:21 PM »
need to open our eyes and ears to epidemiologists, biochemists, pharmacists to get to the real root virulence of this critter
And dentists!

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #143 on: December 29, 2021, 12:53:05 PM »

We could absolutely vaccinate ourselves right out of about 88% of the deaths and ICU needs...

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #144 on: December 29, 2021, 12:53:48 PM »
Its not really a separate issue, though.  You can only play 31 games.  Marquette played 11 non con games and have a 20 game BE schedule.  The plan is to try to reschedule games PPD by Covid.  Until they rack up to the point that making them all up is impossible, you can't really schedule a game against a non-con opponent.

OK, now I gotcha! I thought we could play a few extra games but if that's not allowed, yeah- it is wise to hold out for possible rescheduling of conference games. With all the other allowances for Covid (like the additional year of eligibility e.g.) it's too bad that the NCAA did not allow for a few extra games.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #145 on: December 29, 2021, 01:02:56 PM »

This isn't a "subliminal political point" at all. America got this potential cure directly from your senile hero's mouth.

we should be preaching better health(obesity), diets and exercise as well, but in todays world, everyone is afraid to "shame" someone.

Preach, roQQet!

You're absolutely right about obesity being a killer. Your obese hero got a bunch of people killed on 1/6/21. And he even did it without injecting them with Lysol.

hell, we can't even establish what is male and  female

More perfection! Bravo!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #146 on: December 29, 2021, 01:24:39 PM »

Gender has nothing to do with obesity so I have no idea why you brought that up.

And shaming people doesn't really work either. I am all for investing more into getting people to live healthier lifestyles, but that will mean a carrot and stick approach involving government and insurance company intervention.  Which a lot of people don't seem to like.

I mean, I think a government sponsored Covid vaccination plan giving $$ to those vaccinated and penalties to those who aren't, would do wonders for health, but my guess is that is against your freedoms or something.

Modern society glorifies and celebrates obesity with the “body positive” movement even though science shows those people are at higher risk of death from COVID. But, if you point that out one is shamed and labeled “fatphobic” while the fat are called “brave.”
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2021, 01:27:37 PM »
This isn't a "subliminal political point" at all. America got this potential cure directly from your senile hero's mouth.

You're absolutely right about obesity being a killer. Your obese hero got a bunch of people killed on 1/6/21. And he even did it without injecting them with Lysol.

^^^ ban dis guy
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

• All American
« Reply #148 on: December 29, 2021, 01:27:54 PM »
Modern society glorifies and celebrates obesity with the “body positive” movement even though science shows those people are at higher risk of death from COVID. But, if you point that out one is shamed and labeled “fatphobic” while the fat are called “brave.”

Uh...OK.  None of this comes close to refuting (or supporting) what I have said.  Shaming doesn't usually work.

It sounds like you are shifting goalposts to make some point instead.  We used to have another poster around here who would regularly do that too.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #149 on: December 29, 2021, 01:33:34 PM »

feedback