[May 02, 2024, 08:58:35 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Is Crean really taking advice from Isiah Thomas?  (Read 2504 times)

The Man in Gold

• All American
Is Crean really taking advice from Isiah Thomas?
« on: November 26, 2008, 10:49:50 AM »
Back in October, in his first week of practice at Indiana, new coach Tom Crean told me about a new pregame ritual he planned to institute for his players. Hoosier legend Isiah Thomas had spoken at an IU camp over the summer and had told the campers, "If you're good to the game, the game will be good to you." Crean liked that line enough that he had Thomas sign it on a basketball, which was placed in a display case in the Indiana locker room, where it could be tapped by Hoosier players before they took the floor for home games.

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/hoops_blog/posts/26781-hoosier-karma#
Captain, We need more sweatervests!  TheManInGold has been blinded by the light (off the technicolor sweatervest)

Blackhat

• All American
Re: Is Crean really taking advice from Isiah Thomas?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 10:52:35 AM »
Didn't Thomas just OD and try blaming it on his daughter?    Anyway, these media/marketing gestures are nothing new.   Hell he tried changing our name to Gold. 

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 11:14:11 AM »
He would put messages around the AL as well such as "The Star of the Team Is The Team".

Along those same lines.

mugoose

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 11:16:50 AM »
i thought the same damn thing when i read that. why was he even asked to speak with that team. i can't believe i am saying this (as i die hard pistons fan), but thomas is no good.

RedWebster

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 11:58:32 AM »
Thomas was a terrible coach, a terrible commissioner for the CBA and has tarnished his legacy with the reports surrounding his overdose (and who he claimed it was), but he remains one of the single greatest basketball players of all-time and certainly the best player who ever suited up at Indiana. This is a guy who won a state championship, an NCAA championship and two NBA championships. Crean would be an idiot to shut him out.

And not coincidentally, Thomas played for Bobby Knight, whose backside has been filled with Crean's tanned nose since April.

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 12:22:34 PM »
Let's hope so, I want to see Jerome James in an IU jersey.