collapse

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Even more venom for ESPN  (Read 1620 times)

AlumKCof93

• All American
Even more venom for ESPN
« on: November 26, 2008, 10:09:52 AM »
As many others do, I have this love/hate thing for ESPN.  I love their programming, but find a lot of their commentary incredibly frustrating.  While I can write a book on why they frustrate me, I want to focus on 2 things that drove me crazy last night and probably will throughout the year.

1) The first is the constant talk by Vitale of Robery Montgomery Knight.  Throughout the broadcast of the KU/Syracuse game, Vitale kept mentioning how Knight pointed out how good KU's Aldrich is.  Vitale referenced this incredible insight by Knight throughout the game and made the point more about Knight's overall greatness than in offering why Aldrich is so good.  Is this going to go on all year?  Vitale has always kissed Knight's ass, but now that Knight is an analyst at ESPN will Vitale make the great Knight a part of his broadcast at every game?  I've disliked Vitale for years, now he'll be even worse.
2) ESPN is fully recruiting Lebron in hopes he becomes a Knick.  Just because the Knicks will be awful again this year doesn't mean that the rest of us want to hear how Lebron needs NY.  Lebron is 2 yrs from being a free agent, the talk is already old.

"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

JSwarriors08

Re: Even more venom for ESPN
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 10:37:09 AM »
1.  I have never liked Vitale.  I dont understand why everyone thinks he is so helpful.  His commentary makes me put the TV on mute.
2.  ESPN = East Coast Bias? No way!  I can't believe it!

Blackhat

• All American
Re: Even more venom for ESPN
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 10:41:10 AM »
Somebody needs to poke Vitale with a cattle prod every time he starts screaming into the mic.    Somebody needs to Pavlov condition Vitale.

feedback