collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: IU Beats IUPUI by 3  (Read 3525 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
IU Beats IUPUI by 3
« on: November 18, 2008, 07:42:50 PM »
It's going to be a long, long season in Bloomington.

Blackhat

• All American
Re: IU Beats IUPUI by 3
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 07:50:37 PM »
Crean has developed into one of the best coaches in the country.   I would gladly take one year of suckitude for future results with him.     Makes you realize how lucky we were and how special a person Al was to not be a spotlight addict.  And best of all he didn't need a state school to recruit elite. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 07:53:06 PM »
OOEY-POOEY

OOEY-POOEY

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 07:56:27 PM »
OOEY-POOEY

MarqPTM's OOEY-POOEY chant is second only to him yelling "Larry!  Larry!" at Larry Eustache's assistant coach for 10 minutes by mistake.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 07:58:21 PM »
MarqPTM's OOEY-POOEY chant is second only to him yelling "Larry!  Larry!" at Larry Eustache's assistant coach for 10 minutes by mistake.

Hey. Yeah....

I loved getting yelled at for leading the cheering section chanting that during game one of the Blue & Gold classic as the announcer was also saying Ooey Pooey.

nola03

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 09:22:14 PM »
Will this be done after every Indiana game?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 09:27:14 PM »
Nola, probably.  Though I have to wonder in a few years when IU is good again if it will continue.  My guess is....no.

IUPUI is picked for 4th in the Summit League, behind Oral Roberts, North Dakota State and Oakland.  Two of those three schools have been NCAA participants the last few years and the other one beat us and Wisconsin on our home court.

IUPUI isn't bad.  IU, because of their schedule, will be lucky to win 10 games.  0-18 is likely in the Big Ten.  Yes, it will be a long year.

But those guys are playing hard, the fans are supporting the team, kids are going to class and all the shenanigans of cheating, etc are gone.  For that, IU fans are happy and will more then live with a season or two of losses as long as there is steady improvement.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 10:09:11 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 07:49:49 AM »
I would be incredibly surprised if IU won less than 5 games in the Big Ten.

I mean... the bottom of the Big Ten is... terrible.

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 08:38:55 AM »
The "ooey-pooey" game was hilarious. One of the most ridiculous actions by BC security I've ever witnessed.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 09:33:55 AM »
The "ooey-pooey" game was hilarious. One of the most ridiculous actions by BC security I've ever witnessed.

someone want to elaborate on this story?
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 10:38:39 AM »
First round of the B&G Classic a few years back, IUPUI was playing one of the other cupcake schools in the non-MU game. Those of us who got there early to sit in 106 were there, and marqptm started an "ooey-pooey" chant. Despite the fact that ESPN and other media outlets frequently used that to refer to IUPUI, and even the PA announcer was saying "ooey-pooey", Bradley Center security tried to come stop us for making that "demeaning" chant, threatening ejection.

feedback