[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:22:34 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 03, 2024, 01:20:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Great showing by the student section on Friday night.  (Read 18193 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Great showing by the student section on Friday night.
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2013, 02:19:51 PM »
Nah. Step off your high horse and swallow your pride. You "super fans" are attention whores that will do anything to get noticed. There is a difference between being passionate and just being a dick, which is what you were by throwing in his mother and sister. Just my two cents. I understand it's a college setting, but respect for our players and the opposing players should be noted.

Who gives you the right to decide how everybody should cheer? Did it ever occur to you that those who show up early and cheer like crazy do that because that's how they know how to cheer? The way you are talking you sound like a high school goth kid who thinks that the "preppies" only act a way to get noticed and that you're the only one who knows better.  Jeeze man grow up and realize there's different perspectives and because they enjoy cheers doesn't make them "attention whores"
Maigh Eo for Sam

setyoursightsnorth

• Team Captain
« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2013, 02:31:16 PM »
Who gives you the right to decide how everybody should cheer? Did it ever occur to you that those who show up early and cheer like crazy do that because that's how they know how to cheer? The way you are talking you sound like a high school goth kid who thinks that the "preppies" only act a way to get noticed and that you're the only one who knows better.  Jeeze man grow up and realize there's different perspectives and because they enjoy cheers doesn't make them "attention whores"

goth kid and preppies. LOLZ.

JD

• All American
« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2013, 02:36:05 PM »

I have a feeling i might know this person just from using the phrase "LOLZ"   Sad...
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2013, 03:16:31 PM »
:o :o :o

Well this isn't going to end well.

Typically, this is where one throws in a line about "kids today," but he did graduate five years ago and "entitled Millennial college graduates today" seems like borderline "get off my lawn" material, so I'm just going to keep my mouth shut and watch for the big fight in the student section this Saturday.

And by fight, I mean someone should start a "tastes great, less filling" chant.  But then again, kids today have no reverence for the classics.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2013, 03:38:05 PM »
Be nice to each other, br0z.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2013, 04:00:04 PM »
This thread went from good to great in just one page. Great job, team!

setyoursightsnorth

• Team Captain
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2013, 04:09:12 PM »
Typically, this is where one throws in a line about "kids today," but he did graduate five years ago and "entitled Millennial college graduates today" seems like borderline "get off my lawn" material, so I'm just going to keep my mouth shut and watch for the big fight in the student section this Saturday.

And by fight, I mean someone should start a "tastes great, less filling" chant.  But then again, kids today have no reverence for the classics.

Classics?
I love Plato, Aristotle, and Socrates.

The Republic one of the all time greatest.

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2013, 04:25:09 PM »
Just like anything else in life, 90% of success is showing up.  This applies to all of us.  We're playing arguably the worst D1 school in CBB tonight...on national tv...hopefully there's a respectable turnout.  I can admit I'm not totally excited to watch the game in person, especially if it's gonna run 3 hours.

melissasmooth

• Team Captain
  • yeah
« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2013, 04:42:05 PM »
Yeah I have other things to do. Making sure have time for volleyball and soccer this weekend
MU15

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2013, 04:52:54 PM »
Yeah I have other things to do. Making sure have time for volleyball and soccer this weekend

I should add I'm still going...just not excited compared to other games.  Hoping my taunting doesn't offend those who are worried about me offending the Grambling moms.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2013, 05:48:30 PM »

Lolz indeed but the point of that is that's how stupid, close minded and judgemental you sound so I had to go for High school analogy since it would seem you haven't developed at all. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

setyoursightsnorth

• Team Captain
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2013, 05:50:49 PM »
Lolz indeed but the point of that is that's how stupid, close minded and judgemental you sound so I had to go for High school analogy since it would seem you haven't developed at all. 

Hey, hey now. Let's not get personal.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2013, 05:53:18 PM »
Hey, hey now. Let's not get personal.

When you decide that it's ok to just say an entire group of people are attention whores when having no base for that other than they enjoy cheering I think you made it pretty personal. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2013, 05:57:40 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 06:02:49 PM by The Sultan of Syncopation »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2013, 06:03:43 PM »

The problem is that you have people who enjoy cheering because

a..they have school spirit (like my freshman year friend from down the hall who just LOVED Marquette and was old school that way.)

OR

b...they love to draw attention to themselves.  Like that blue man who calls himself the ultimate warrior.  (whatever)

I'll agree every day that it's stupid to call himself the ultimate warrior but generalizing and calling everybody attention whores is just not ok. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

setyoursightsnorth

• Team Captain
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2013, 06:06:01 PM »
When you decide that it's ok to just say an entire group of people are attention whores when having no base for that other than they enjoy cheering I think you made it pretty personal. 

I said that because there is a fine line between cheering and being obnoxious/yelling "obscene things"/showing no respect whatsoever.

My biggest problem with what you said is that you felt proud or you saw yelling at ND parents in front of their mothers and sisters as some sort of badge of honor. That we should all respect you or look up to you for that. What irked me is the absolute lack of respect that some show.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2013, 06:17:13 PM »
I said that because there is a fine line between cheering and being obnoxious/yelling "obscene things"/showing no respect whatsoever.

My biggest problem with what you said is that you felt proud or you saw yelling at ND parents in front of their mothers and sisters as some sort of badge of honor. That we should all respect you or look up to you for that. What irked me is the absolute lack of respect that some show.

I never said anything in regaurds to the ND game that was all Essard I got involved when you called the super fans attention whores. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2013, 01:07:21 AM »
"You stay classy, Marquette" -Ron Burgandy
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2013, 04:01:50 AM »
Last year there were Badger fans that just got shat on.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2013, 05:38:20 PM »
I didn't see the pregame/first couple minutes of the Ohio State game. Did we ever start the "Give 'em hell, Buzz!" cheer?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Schoobie87

• Walk-On
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2013, 11:15:56 AM »
Glad to see people giving Lyle crap after all of these years.
Demoralized by SDSU fiasco.

feedback