'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Osasere Ighodaro AZ 6A Champs last night  (Read 3749 times)

Madgeorge

• Walk-On
Osasere Ighodaro AZ 6A Champs last night
« on: March 05, 2020, 03:34:33 PM »
Osasere Ighodaro and Desert Vista won the AZ 6A State championship last night against Mountain Pointe. Check out highlights on Youtube...especially the 2nd quarter! WOW! MU is getting a very good big man!

Norm

• All American
Re: Osasere Ighodaro AZ 6A Champs last night
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 04:06:53 PM »
This, and Garcia and Lewis, is why Wojo will be back next year.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 04:22:22 PM »
That chatter got really weird in the other posts about recruits defecting because we lost to DePaul. Truly a Twilight Zone experience.

panda

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 05:08:03 PM »
This, and Garcia and Lewis, is why Wojo will be back next year.

This is like keeping a bad salesman who promises he has some really hot leads that will definitely get closed soon. Ain’t gonna happen!

Wojo’s not winning with these guys or anyone.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 05:15:32 PM »
This is like keeping a bad salesman who promises he has some really hot leads that will definitely get closed soon. Ain’t gonna happen!

Wojo’s not winning with these guys or anyone.

The projos are so clinging to life by a thread. Their only argument left is losing recruits.

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 05:18:20 PM »
Osasere Ighodaro and Desert Vista won the AZ 6A State championship last night against Mountain Pointe. Check out highlights on Youtube...especially the 2nd quarter! WOW! MU is getting a very good big man!

He's appears every bit of 6-9, maybe 6-10.   Watching a few of his high school games, he plays inside quite a bit, but I think that has to do with the players that surround him.  The PG (#10) is a good penetrator.    But there were times you could possibly see the future as Oso setup as point  and ran the halfcourt offense.

I think he ended up 14/16 for 32 points, with 11 rebounds and 6 blocks in the final.   Desert Vista beat the same team that Nico Mannion beat for the state championship last year.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 05:28:12 PM »
The projos are so clinging to life by a thread. Their only argument left is losing recruits.

More like less than a handful of programs fire coaches who have made the last 2 NCAA Tournaments and 3 of the last 4. And Marquette is not one of the less than handful that do.

But sure. Clinging to life by a thread, only argument is losing recruits.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Markusquette

• All American

gorush

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2020, 06:02:19 PM »
Oso had an outstanding game - his best of the year. # 10 is a sophomore Dasean Lacque. His brother signed a 4 year contract with the Suns, I believe the family moved to Phoenix because of that. I think he signed right out of high school. Dasean is something special too.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 06:17:10 PM by gorush »

Norm

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2020, 07:54:05 PM »

I'm not a projo by any means. I didn't even like it when MU hired Wojo. But the reality is that he just inked a McDonalds AA and two other top 150 recruits. This is his best recruiting class top to bottom so far. They have the potential to eventually have an impact like the Three Amigos.

Get them in to MU and see what happens next year. If Wojo struggles again, then it may be time for him to go and we have at least got the three in the program.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2020, 08:10:56 PM »
They're going to be freshmen, Norm. And if Wojo leaves, there are abundant opportunities for player mobility that didn't exist years ago.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2020, 08:13:25 PM »

I think the argument could still be made that if there's enough talent, even an average coach could win with it. I mean, Kevin Ollie won a national championship.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU62

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2020, 08:16:14 PM »
You have to have the players.  Wojo does not have enough Bid East class players right now! End of story. 

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2020, 08:19:27 PM »
I'm not a projo by any means. I didn't even like it when MU hired Wojo. But the reality is that he just inked a McDonalds AA and two other top 150 recruits. This is his best recruiting class top to bottom so far. They have the potential to eventually have an impact like the Three Amigos.

Get them in to MU and see what happens next year. If Wojo struggles again, then it may be time for him to go and we have at least got the three in the program.

I’m pretty sure players can transfer immediately if a coach leaves or is fired.  So “getting them in the program” means nothing if Wojo goes after the season.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2020, 08:20:04 PM »
You have to have the players.  Wojo does not have enough Bid East class players right now! End of story.

I don't disagree, but he did bring every one of these guys to campus, so if we don't have the players, he's the one responsible for that.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2020, 08:20:57 PM »
I think the argument could still be made that if there's enough talent, even an average coach could win with it. I mean, Kevin Ollie won a national championship.

Too bad Wojo isn’t even average.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2020, 08:25:54 PM »
Too bad Wojo isn’t even average.

I think he is. He has a plan and can usually counter to the opponent's first adjustment. He struggles with the next adjustment. He's been a poor defensive coach but an elite offensive coach (top-20 three of last four years, the exception was when Markus got hurt and they were top-20 at the time of the injury. He has pros, but right now the cons are outweighing them. I think his problem more than anything is that you have to be above average to thrive in a league like the Big East..