'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Should MU stop hosting the NCAAT ?  (Read 6509 times)

wisblue

• All American
Re: Should MU stop hosting the NCAAT ?
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2022, 12:51:11 PM »
I have no problem with us hosting and allowing obnoxious and clueless Badger fans to be at their worst in Fiserv. I do have a problem with the banners at Punchbowl and MECCA that claim this is the “home of the Badgers.”

That aggravates me too.

Not only is it factually wrong, but it’s a slap in the face to MU, UWM and the fans of the other participating teams.

Shooter Flatch

• Starter
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2022, 12:54:22 PM »
That’s true, I take that back. My point is many MU fans bought tickets with the sole intention to sell them for a profit (to badger fans). That’s a pretty loser move if you ask me.
[/quote]

Country, that’s a pretty clueless statement. Pretty typical of a whiny weasel fan. As a season ticket holder, I had to buy my tickets before the season even started. Long before I knew the Badger fans were going to be dragging their manure through the arena.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2022, 03:19:48 PM »
The Badgers were picked what, 9th in the Big 10? No one was buying tickets thinking they'd be in Milwaukee. It's more likely Dayton fans were buying season tickets to get First Four seats to sell to Bucky. They've had a remarkable season but no one saw it coming in the preseason.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2022, 03:25:28 PM »
Zero

Also, not hosting because you’re afraid of Wisconsin playing there is some little brother, chicken &$(/ nonsense.
harsh

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2022, 03:32:48 PM »
harsh

It’s embarrassing watching Marquette fans get up in arms over this.  Wisconsin fans eat that up
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2022, 02:41:56 PM »
Ha!  I passed up my chance as an MU STH to buy tickets to these games because I too thought that bucky would suck this year and would be unlikely to play here.  So my gamble lost and I left $1000-$2000 on the table.  But don't think I wouldn't have happily gouged the badger fans for every penny I could get out of them.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2022, 09:23:08 AM »
I love the first weekend of games. We bought the tickets intending to go to all the games. It was really only the lateness of Friday’s games that caused a shift in plans. Luckily as Wisconsin was playing then, we sold at a profit.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2022, 08:29:45 PM »

Careful dude, some here want to cancel authentic police reports and shoot the messenger, hey?
Well sometimes totalitarian messengers should be erased.
Goal is National Championship

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2022, 01:25:10 PM »
Badgers or no Badgers the NCAA Tourney is one of the very best sporting events out there and the opportunity to have it in Milwaukee every few years is fantastic.  I will go each and every year.  Losing this would be real blow to the sports scene in Milwaukee.  If you don't want the Badger to win, show up and cheer for Iowa State.  That's what I did.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart