'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Big East Championship Gear At Spirit Shop  (Read 16735 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Big East Championship Gear At Spirit Shop
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2013, 06:22:03 PM »
I'm assuming he's talking about this one.

Love that and wanted to get it a week ago. Was shocked/disappointed to see it wasn't sewn on lettering though.  :(
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

ShannonSmith

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2013, 07:11:42 PM »
Why is the online spirit shop only carry one items? Campus store is much better

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2013, 07:13:35 PM »
Yeah there's a lot of stuff you won't find online that they sell in the store.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2013, 07:35:46 PM »
I don't own any Marquette apparel (other than hats) because they don't carry tall sizes.  I really hate that.  Anybody know somewhere that sells tall sizes? 
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2013, 07:52:33 AM »
I'm headed to spirit shop Tue to get my shirt.  Is the "spirit shop" a thinly veiled reference to a Native American term? like Great Spirit, hmmmm random thoughts.  Don't tell MU admin, they'll change the name to the eagle's nest or something like that.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2013, 09:40:19 AM »
Is this available online?  Spirit Shop today doesn't have anything that I can find for the Big East title.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2013, 09:44:18 AM »
Is this available online?  Spirit Shop today doesn't have anything that I can find for the Big East title.

I called them yesterday to find out if it would be. They said they didn't know, and wouldn't know until this morning some time. heck, they didn't even know what time it was coming in.

Update: just called them...T-shirts ARE in. Will NOT be available online today unfortunately. Didn't say when they would be either.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:02:50 AM by muguru »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2013, 09:46:15 AM »
Is this available online?  Spirit Shop today doesn't have anything that I can find for the Big East title.

Don't know if they will have it online today or not. The online store is an independent company ran outfit. Also not even 10 in Milwaukee. Don't know when they open.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2013, 10:13:14 AM »
I called them yesterday to find out if it would be. They said they didn't know, and wouldn't know until this morning some time. heck, they didn't even know what time it was coming in.

Update: just called them...T-shirts ARE in. Will NOT be available online today unfortunately. Didn't say when they would be either.

Thank you for the update

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2013, 10:17:48 AM »
Buy some Golden State stuff--their colors are blue and yellow.

Another option.

I know it's a high school, but much of the stuff doesn't say that.  If I'm not mistaken, most of the merchandise on that site is fully customizable for colors, etc.

For what it's worth, I'm not 100% convinced that this school even exists.  In any event, they sure do have some nice merchandise.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2013, 11:04:47 AM »
I think the design is a complete mess.

THE2013BIGEASTCHAMPSTEXT
ISACLUSTERFRAK
MARQUETTEUNIVERSITYMU

The shadow of the basketball rim/net is just a cheap throw in to denote basketball. Spelling out Marquette University next to the MU logo is total over kill and a waste of space.  

Would clean lines kill Marquette? Apparently, yes.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:07:59 AM by Blue Horseshoe »

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2013, 11:07:40 AM »

THE2013BIGEASTCHAMPSTEXT
ISACLUSTERFRAK
MARQUETTEUNIVERSITYMU

The shadow of the basketball rim/net is just a cheap throw in to denote basketball. Spelling out Marquette University next to the MU logo is total over kill and a waste of space.  

awe, doesn't look enough like an apple product for you? Allergic to things that aren't a zealous adherence to minimalism?

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2013, 11:09:07 AM »
Someone found the "Word Art" tool in MS Word.  I think clippy had a hand in the design.

I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2013, 11:26:18 AM »

THE2013BIGEASTCHAMPSTEXT
ISACLUSTERFRAK
MARQUETTEUNIVERSITYMU

I agree. This tshirt sucks.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2013, 11:47:59 AM »
Got a message saying you can place an order for the shirts over the phone at 414-288-3050. No mention of when/if they'll be available online.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2013, 11:57:23 AM »
awe, doesn't look enough like an apple product for you? Allergic to things that aren't a zealous adherence to minimalism?

No, it's a s****y design. Why do we need things coming at angles like a baseball jersey. Too much going o. Simpler is always better. That said, I'm still getting mine.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2013, 03:11:41 PM »

1. I believe the word you are looking for you is "aw" not, "awe"
/MU's law school drops 4 spots in US News & World Report rankings
2. You do realize apple is not in the business of fashion or athletics?
//Back to the drawing board counselor

Snark aside, inspiration has been important in Apple design.
http://gizmodo.com/343641/1960s-braun-products-hold-the-secrets-to-apples-future

This board is littered with advice for MU's image. One thing is clear, MU's brand is all over the map. There is no linear path that defines MU. What is Marquette's inspiration? Judging by this t-shirt, mouth breathers and the mid 90s.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 03:47:50 PM by Blue Horseshoe »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2013, 03:15:53 PM »
When we got the 61-51 lead, I turned to my wife and told her I hoped to find a Conference Champions t-shirt quickly so I could wear it next week.

A few minutes later, we were heading into OT.

"You were all ready to run to the internet and find a friggin' t-shirt," she said. "Nice. Look at what you did."

It wasn't your fault, it was the guy in the bar I was at in Indianapolis. With 1:40 left and Marquette up 9, he said "you guys have quite a game on your hands". My buddy laughed and said "only if you're talking about the spread". If that guy never opens his mouth, we never start thinking ahead, lead never evaporates. Good thing Vander can finish in the lane now.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2013, 03:27:44 PM »
1. I believe the word you are looking for you is "aw" not, "awe"
/MU's law school drops 4 spots in US News & World Report rankings
2. You do realize apple is not in the business of fashion or athletics?
//Back to the drawing board counselor

Snark aside, inspiration has been important in Apple design.
http://gizmodo.com/343641/1960s-braun-products-hold-the-secrets-to-apples-future

This board is littered with advise for MU's image. One thing is clear, MU's brand is all over the map. There is no linear path that defines MU. What is Marquette's inspiration? Judging by this t-shirt, mouth breathers and the mid 90s.

This.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

🏀

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2013, 03:34:10 PM »
You guys realize Marquette does not make these designs right?

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 03:36:19 PM by PTM »

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2013, 03:48:45 PM »
You guys realize Marquette does not make these designs right?

They are responsible for giving the design a green light. Nothing with MU's logo, image and likeness is EVER approved with out permission.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 03:53:23 PM by Blue Horseshoe »

eroc830

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2013, 03:57:50 PM »
FYI: Just left the Spirit Shop and they only have small and XXXL t-shirts left.  Said they will not get a new shipment into the store until Thursday. 

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2013, 04:56:27 PM »
FYI: Just left the Spirit Shop and they only have small and XXXL t-shirts left.  Said they will not get a new shipment into the store until Thursday. 

dang. i was afraid that would happen waiting til the afternoon. students aren't even around either. any idea if you can order one/put it on reserve so you don't have to get there when the spirit shop opens to ensure your size?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2013, 05:17:16 PM »
They are responsible for giving the design a green light. Nothing with MU's logo, image and likeness is EVER approved with out permission.

Like I said, they do not design the shirts. They get a canned version with their logo and name dropped in, that is it.

Sure they approve it, but what are they going to say? No, we're going to pass? We think that's not the best design, so we will forego all those initial sales as these shirts will be ready in a few days. Instead, we will commission a shirt to be design($$$), after two weeks of designs we will select a design($$$), wait another two weeks for a large run of shirts to be ready($$$) and hopefully our fans are still willing to drop the cash on the shirt after the team has been bounced from the NCAA tournament(-$$$)?

Makes sense.

It's a typical generic championship shirt, quit blaming Marquette for it. They likely had the option to pick the same version as GTown or Louisville. Glad they went with the one they did.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2013, 05:23:08 PM »
Like I said, they do not design the shirts. They get a canned version with their logo and name dropped in, that is it.

Sure they approve it, but what are they going to say? No, we're going to pass? We think that's not the best design, so we will forego all those initial sales as these shirts will be ready in a few days. Instead, we will commission a shirt to be design($$$), after two weeks of designs we will select a design($$$), wait another two weeks for a large run of shirts to be ready($$$) and hopefully our fans are still willing to drop the cash on the shirt after the team has been bounced from the NCAA tournament(-$$$)?

Makes sense.

It's a typical generic championship shirt, quit blaming Marquette for it. They likely had the option to pick the same version as GTown or Louisville. Glad they went with the one they did.

This.

The shirts were designed weeks ago if not longer and a logo and name was simply dropped in when the time came.

While they all suck I would rank them 1) Georgetown 2) Marquette 3) Louisville in terms of design.