[Today at 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Why we could get Jabari Parker  (Read 13691 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: Why we could get Jabari Parker
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2012, 02:03:30 PM »
I borrowed that DVD from dr blackheart.

It's a great Christmas present for friends, well-wishers, and enemies who celebrate at their in-laws'.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2012, 01:01:02 AM »

Is Mortonsen holed up in Utah? Another of Crean's gems.

Strange religion Mormonism, no alcohol or caffeine, but evidently steroids are fine.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2012, 01:15:26 PM »
Playing for BYU
in the "great" WCC
would do wonders for conference attendance.

Too bad they mostly play in small gyms.
SS Marquette

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2012, 01:25:10 PM »
You know while we're all trying to figure out where Jabari is going to college, it just occurred to me that he has a two year Mormon mission commitment coming up that would derail things for a couple of years.  Would the Mormon Church give the national HS player of the year a pass?  It could be argued that he's doing more for the Church as a high profile basketball player.

In this profile article by Seth Davis over at SI from last year, it states that Parker isn't planning on going on a mission (second to last paragraph).
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/seth_davis/07/18/Jabari.Parker.Peach.Jam/index.html

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2012, 01:38:58 PM »
Playing for BYU
in the "great" WCC
would do wonders for conference attendance.

Too bad they mostly play in small gyms.

BYU has incredible attendance for every one of their sports, even volleyball.  Attendance won't be a problem.  Neither will exposure.  When a player is as good as Jabari Parker, he could go to MATC and play basketball and he'd still have NBA Scouts all over him.

In this profile article by Seth Davis over at SI from last year, it states that Parker isn't planning on going on a mission (second to last paragraph).
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/seth_davis/07/18/Jabari.Parker.Peach.Jam/index.html

Again, Missions are not required in the Mormon faith.  They are strongly, strongly suggested.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2012, 01:45:54 PM »
Best part about it is that we are talking about the top recruit. When was the last time we had this type of conversation. If Buzz get enough at bats he will land a whale.

Sorry Goose but I hate this statement. I have heard this same bs on here for the last couple of years but we have yet to land this type of player. Sure Parker is even better than the others but this exact statement came up during the recruitment of Tokoto, Hood and even Faust. ETC...

Those guys are not even close to how Paker is regarded and we failed to get them.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2012, 05:01:09 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up.  Suddenly it hit me that I hadn't heard this issue mentioned before.  Now we have something from Jabari himself.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2012, 09:31:35 AM »
According to this article in the St Paul Pioneer Press, Parker will be playing in a tournament in the Twin Cities next weekend.  Nike EYBL tourney.  Article says 200 coaches will be there to scout, including Pitino, Calapari, Izo, and the Grynch from Madison.

The blurb on the tourney is about 1/3rd of the way into the article. 

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_20399085/charley-walters-vikings-draft-plans-could-be-changed

Does anyone know if this tournament is open to the public, and cost to attend?  I went to the website for Nike EYBL and couldn't find anything.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2012, 09:19:04 AM »
According to this article in the St Paul Pioneer Press, Parker will be playing in a tournament in the Twin Cities next weekend.  Nike EYBL tourney.  Article says 200 coaches will be there to scout, including Pitino, Calapari, Izo, and the Grynch from Madison.

I guess if 200 coaches will be there, and there are other players, maybe there's reason for him to attend, but the notion of Parker having even the slightest interest in a program like UW has to be one of the funniest things I've ever heard.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.